Ask a Mage

How do I know the amount that fits over/exo of an item based on Item level.

E.g.

I want to over prospec in a Bagogol Set (Kamakap, etc...).

I know that I can drop the other characteristics to earn sink, and can over some points.

But how do I know how many points fit in each item? (Lower items has less space(?))

is there any formula?

The whole maging system is based on Sink (Explained here http://impsvillage.com/forums/topic/139073-a-guide-to-maging-v122/)

While over/exo maging there is a limit of 101 sink.

E.g. Prospecting has a power(sink) of 3 sink per 1 prospecting, this means that the maximum prospecting one could get is 33(99 sink). This limit does not change per level and is always the same.

Can you add exos on overmaged items?

[image]

Still got left over sink but not sure if I can try adding a hunter rune.

Trying a hunter rune should drop chance since this stat is overmaged, nonetheless of the amount of sink you have.

The only way for you get this hunter rune to land without dropping chance would be to get a critical mage, which is very unlikely because you have an overmaged stat.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're slightly misinterpreting it. Sink is essentially the space left behind when a rune drops minus the weight of the rune which was added. You can then refill this space without the risk of any fur

Here is a video explaining the mysteries of maging!      

In my opinion: always put back the ap/mp/range rune first, so you dont waste your runes.

Posted Images

At what point should I suck some Ankama employers dick?

It seems over 2000 ap/mp exo fails isn't enough yet, maby I should waste more.

God damn I am fucking salty

Please, shoot me.

106dl00.png

I was so mad due to the insane amount of fails, rage rune stayed on it.

fck this shit game

EDIT: I obviously trashed the ring as I don't want my first exo to be like that........... the anger is real.

Edited by Professor
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was maging my Flinty Daggers. I was at 385 vit and used a Pa vit. I failed 13 pa vits in a row trying to get it to 400 vit. I gave up after that.

Am I just unlucky, or is that supposed to happen?

Edited by Masive

So I was maging my Flinty Daggers. I was at 385 vit and used a Pa vit. I failed 13 pa vits in a row trying to get it to 400 vit. I gave up after that.

Am I just unlucky, or is that supposed to happen?

You're not unlucky, Pa vit doesn't work well over 300, use to 350 max imo, other than that just use ra vit to over vit, e.g from 385 to 435 then you can reduce to using 400 by using 6 power rune

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Critical hit power value was changed a while ago with the critical hit system rework, they're 10 PPU now.

Vitality was recently changed and is 0.2 PPU now.

• Like 1

Just curious on the difficulty exo maging res onto whale items. Are any easier than others? and is there some sort of process to do so? whats the max?

Would it be far harder than removing -crit res from tread items or much harder?

Just wanting to gague so I have an idea where to go from here.

Cheers,

Auron.

Sir-AuronSignature200.jpg

Hacked as of 06/09/2011 once again Ankama's security has failed again, Give me my items back you jerks...or market value for the stuff stolen since duplicating my items will "ruin" the Dofus Economy apparently...(If you can lock subscription items to an account you can do the same with my items...)

Regeared again Ankama's service to their customers is still shocking they will use every excuse in the book to not help a customer out - I will change this once Ankama actually do something positive to help me out rather then give me copy paste replies to my tickets and lame excuses to not assist me, until then this will remain, over a year and counting... go go shit service

[00:14] from Asutra : 45 minutes...45..fucking..minutes..to kill a 103, 86 and 84 >_> fuck teaming up with french people. fuck it, fuck it, fuck it

[00:17] to Asutra : LOLOLOLOL

[00:18] from Asutra : i fucking hate stupid people. Never again.

This has probably been answered before in this thread. Why are most ap/mp exos on rings?

In theory, wouldn't it be better to ap/mp an item with higher base hp values (EX: Hat with base 500 vit) and then exo the rings to both have 500 vit (base 350 vit) + some res?

This has probably been answered before in this thread. Why are most ap/mp exos on rings?

In theory, wouldn't it be better to ap/mp an item with higher base hp values (EX: Hat with base 500 vit) and then exo the rings to both have 500 vit (base 350 vit) + some res?

Because other items tend to be more niche items. A lot of rings are used in a plethora of setups and it just carries on from there. Not many sets use both ring slots. 2 ring slots = more rings in circulation.

Of course it's better to exo the stuff that's hard to mage normally. For example it's really hard to mage a 10 damage inky with a nice over/exo mage so you'd buy that as an AP or MP exo and be able to push out more stats in your set because of it.

So you see your second point sort of counters your question. If they're harder to mage (more total power or whatever) there's naturally going to be less of those mages. Efficient or not.

Edited by ЯeveЯt

i6UKAYi.gif

How cost efficient is to mage your own exo items? With this update I'm being forced to get exos for my chars because mounts are not allowed underwater. I have 4 chars I would need to equip and a lot of runes. Is there an average of pa/ra vit runes you end up using?

Just curious on the difficulty exo maging res onto whale items. Are any easier than others? and is there some sort of process to do so? whats the max?

Would it be far harder than removing -crit res from tread items or much harder?

Just wanting to gague so I have an idea where to go from here.

Cheers,

Auron.

Sir-AuronSignature200.jpg

Hacked as of 06/09/2011 once again Ankama's security has failed again, Give me my items back you jerks...or market value for the stuff stolen since duplicating my items will "ruin" the Dofus Economy apparently...(If you can lock subscription items to an account you can do the same with my items...)

Regeared again Ankama's service to their customers is still shocking they will use every excuse in the book to not help a customer out - I will change this once Ankama actually do something positive to help me out rather then give me copy paste replies to my tickets and lame excuses to not assist me, until then this will remain, over a year and counting... go go shit service

[00:14] from Asutra : 45 minutes...45..fucking..minutes..to kill a 103, 86 and 84 >_> fuck teaming up with french people. fuck it, fuck it, fuck it

[00:17] to Asutra : LOLOLOLOL

[00:18] from Asutra : i fucking hate stupid people. Never again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2016 at 5:28 PM, XOTurner said:

How cost efficient is to mage your own exo items? With this update I'm being forced to get exos for my chars because mounts are not allowed underwater. I have 4 chars I would need to equip and a lot of runes. Is there an average of pa/ra vit runes you end up using?

Your question is essentially unanswerable. 

The he answer to every part is it depends on your luck. You get all your exos in under 50 tries, good for you. If you're going for 400+ then you're going to spend a lot.

If you have your own rune stock pile then it makes sense financially I expect (although some exos super cheap) but you have to factor in luck for all of it

• Like 1

I was trying to mage an barbearic wedding ring with AP for my Iop, so since it is for an Iop and only for PvM use I was wondering if the successrate on an item would increase if I wouldnt care about stats like luck, range, initiative and wisdom..? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Kiritokun
9 minutes ago, Kiritokun said:

I was trying to mage an barbearic wedding ring with AP for my Iop, so since it is for an Iop and only for PvM use I was wondering if the successrate on an item would increase if I wouldnt care about stats like luck, range, initiative and wisdom..? 

Thanks in advance!

The actual chance of landing the exo won't change, on the other hand the remage between fails will be easier.

• Like 2

impsbanner_small.png

I do suggest keeping wis even if its for a PvM Iop. You'll lose essential mp/ap res if you neglect it.

Kirito. Keep all stats at a decent level, because when you need to re-sell it, you'll at least be able to make part of your money back.

Selling a bwedding without range is basically like 5mk, with all stats, up to 30 (im not even sure with current market prices) but big difference. 

I want to try and exo range rune this ring. Is this going to be a 1/100 chance like normal? Or is it a higher chance of success because it has a negative range already? Im guessing its still 1/100 but just wondering. Thank you.

ringexorange.png

newsignature.png

Epic paint skills.

2 hours ago, Dovahkiin said:

I want to try and exo range rune this ring. Is this going to be a 1/100 chance like normal? Or is it a higher chance of success because it has a negative range already? Im guessing its still 1/100 but just wondering. Thank you.

Still 1/100 chance. The power of the Range is halved though, so you'll only have to repair ~25 sink, making it fairly painless to repair.

3 hours ago, ReaperSurm said:

Still 1/100 chance. The power of the Range is halved though, so you'll only have to repair ~25 sink, making it fairly painless to repair.

actually reaper ur wrong, it would be 25 sink if it was -2 to -1, but since it is -1 to 0 it is the full 51 sink of range rune. but yes still the 1/100 chance :)

• Like 2

wut is that rly possible

will a char get +2 range from bubo item tho? i think it's +1 range exo limit per char like ap and mp?

6qNldD0.png

Spoiler

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

bkhYCWb.png

XWF3kJF.png

Spoiler

:^))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

JMnAphG.png

33 minutes ago, Quadro said:

wut is that rly possible

will a char get +2 range from bubo item tho? i think it's +1 range exo limit per char like ap and mp?

getting a bubo item to give +1 range instead of -1 is possible, but it will only count as one range exo as range is capped along with ap/mp.

[16:14] It is not possible to accumulate bonuses obtained by smithmagic of higher than 1 AP, 1  MP and 1 Range, or to exceed 12 AP, 6 MP or 6 Range using equipment.

8adae8781a0a4059a2176ae6534d5911.png

18ebfda2f75c734baf107198cedbd5c4.png

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I'm still looking for an exact clarified answer. When going for overmaged vit on an item with ap on it. Is it better to mage the stats up until the ap falls,mage vit overmaged until sink is used, and then put the ap rune back on and hope for a critical success. Or is it better to lose the ap, put it back on hoping for a crit success, and then overmage the vit until the sink is gone. Does one improve the chance of the other?

Some say it doesn't matter, but I am sure that when you overmage BEFORE putting the AP on, you can get a higher overmage more easily. However, the AP won't land as easily as before the overmage.

defuse the best.png

tezar.png

El-Whisky: jsoost
El-Whisky: u are my idol

• Kikn featured this topic