Ankama Launcher -> Add 2nd account -> An error has occurred

Hi all,

Since the last update, my Ankama Launcher in MacOS is unable to automatically log in my 2nd, Alt account.

I tried removing the 2nd account in order to add it back again, but now I get a generic "An error has occurred" when attempting to add my 2nd account into the "Add an account" modal dialog.

I know the information entered for the 2nd account is correct, because I'm able to log into the dofus site without issues.

Any ideas what is going on?

I'm also having trouble logging into Ankama's support site, too: I get error "Forbidden: Token d’authenticité (authenticity token) non valide".

Thanks for reading.

I forgot to mention that I can log into Dofus on my 2nd account just fine if I enter the account name and password manually, directly into the Dofus client upon opening a 2nd instance.

Thanks.

They pushed out an update to the Ankama Shield, and part of that includes updating the email address of the accounts associated with them before you can use them with the launcher. I had a similar issue.

Spoiler

I didn't even know this was a feature...

How do you set it up so you can automatically login to multiple accounts?

DarthMuffin

Constructs

Mitskii

Free Shield Smith Services!

darth.gif

30 minutes ago, TwF said:

I didn't even know this was a feature...

How do you set it up so you can automatically login to multiple accounts?

After opening the Ankama Launcher, click the Gear button (tooltip: Game Options) right under the PLAY button, which will open a sliding panel. In that panel, select Multi-Accounting and then click "Add an account"

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Owyn said:

They pushed out an update to the Ankama Shield, and part of that includes updating the email address of the accounts associated with them before you can use them with the launcher. I had a similar issue.

I'm curious what step did you do to get it fixed.  I went to https://account.ankama.com/en/security and Deactivated my Ankama Shield, and then re-activated it (including the email code dance), but even then the Ankama Launcher wouldn't accept my alt account 😞 

I'll give it a try again to see if I get any luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I was finally able to get my 2nd account added to the Multi-Accounting tab in Ankama Launcher.

It took me a while to figure out exactly what was needed, so here it goes for anyone that is also facing this issue:

- Go to account.ankama.com and log in

- Go to Account -> Information -> And then click the Pencil icon for updating your email

- Now, instead of updating your email, click on the REVERIFICATION button that shows up on the right side of the page, under the "REVERIFY YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN STILL SIGN IN AFTER ANKAMA SHIELD IS ROLLED OUT."

- You'll get an email from Ankama, click on the their link

- Done, you are now able to add your other accounts to the Ankama Launcher. I was required to submit a code, which will also be emailed to you.

REVERIFY YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN STILL SIGN IN AFTER ANKAMA SHIELD IS ROLLED OUT."