• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodhound

I am considering a return to meet my nostalgia needs.

Greetings! Yet another old fart here.

My friend is trying to get me back to the game and I was wondering what is the current state of the game? It's been ages since I last time I played this game after distancing myself more and more from it after each update. After poking around my characters, I discovered that every class has now all types of elemental spells and many classes have been reworked. I also noticed that the servers are merged into one. All these new things are making me thing that maybe it's not worth it, so I would like some help with few questions that I have:

Question #1: What would be the current meta for casual play, questing and running dungeons with two characters? I remember rogue/panda being very popular combination back in the days. I have access to a omni/crit dmg cra, int/cha/mp reduction enutrof,  int/healer osamoda and class change is also on opinion. 

Question #2: What would be a ideal set/gear for these characters? I still have all my gear and items from back in the days (mainly Frigost, whale and abyssal items), so I'd have to grind for new fancy sets. 

Question #3: What is the current state of low to mid level (100 to 150) pvp? I remember having a blast with 1v1 bonta vs brak and 3v3 Kolossium before Ankama ruined both of those, which caused me to finally give up on the game. If yes, what would be a solid all around solo character to casually do kolossium?

Thanks~

Edited by Bloodhound
  • Like 1

So, I don't really have answers to your questions as I'm still relearning the ropes (TWF will have answers I'm sure 🙂 ) but just wanted to say welcome back 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 4:21 PM, Bloodhound said:

Question #3: What is the current state of low to mid level (100 to 150) pvp? I remember having a blast with 1v1 bonta vs brak and 3v3 Kolossium before Ankama ruined both of those, which caused me to finally give up on the game. If yes, what would be a solid all around solo character to casually do kolossium?

Not many low levels tend to PvP (Bont/Brak) on Echo anymore but if you wait long enough with your wings up at [-1,0]; you'll eventually find someone.. could take a few minutes to a couple hours though. I still log my lower levels to PvP if I see someone.

In terms of Kolo at level 100-150, it's still pretty active and actually rather fun; especially if you find two other lower level players to team up with for 3v3. I suggest trying out 1v1 Kolo too once you've chosen your class & set. I believe the best solo classes for casual Kolo would be Fogger, Sac, Masq, Hupper, Enu and Xelor but it's all up to preference I guess. 

Edited by Zato
  • Like 1

plezno123.jpg

Welcome back(?)

Question #1: What would be the current meta for casual play, questing and running dungeons with two characters? I remember rogue/panda being very popular combination back in the days. I have access to a omni/crit dmg cra, int/cha/mp reduction enutrof,  int/healer osamoda and class change is also on opinion. There's still a lot of Rogue/Panda going on if you're looking for something, "optimal" but you can play whatever you like from what I've seen so far to be honest. Omni Cras are powerful for PvM still. Gear is cheaper than when I played when CB~Kolosso stuff was 10m+. You can decently outfit a lv 200 for 60m (with exos) now (excluding Dofuses).

Question #2: What would be a ideal set/gear for these characters? I still have all my gear and items from back in the days (mainly Frigost, whale and abyssal items), so I'd have to grind for new fancy sets. This will depend on what classes you end up with but I haven't been back long enough myself to comment on this. I have an Intel PvM and Agi PvM sets built for Elio, but I don't think either set would help in your case.

Question #3: What is the current state of low to mid level (100 to 150) pvp? I remember having a blast with 1v1 bonta vs brak and 3v3 Kolossium before Ankama ruined both of those, which caused me to finally give up on the game. If yes, what would be a solid all around solo character to casually do kolossium? Sacriers are OP

• Like 2

DarthMuffin

Schultz

Choco-Cat

Free Shield Smith Services!

darth.gif

Play on Retro! >=[ *stares at TwF and Riv*

• Like 1

Art by Nomie

OldNomie.png

On 2/6/2021 at 11:46 PM, -Sydney- said:

Play on Retro! >=[ *stares at TwF and Riv*

I was also considering this since I used to enjoy a lot of old school pvp (head hunting and camping Bonta bank) in 1.29. Although, not sure if I have enough interest to start all over again. 

On 1/27/2021 at 8:29 PM, TwF said:

Welcome back(?)

Thanks. I still have all the old dofuses (excluding vulbis and cloudy) so that would not be a problem. I think I am like 50-60% done with the cloudy questline when I played last time. I did some research and noticed that there really haven't been that many new sets, so I guess I would still be fine rocking treadfast + bearbaric for pvm and treadfast + missiz for pvp (for omni cra). My biggest worry is what support class and build should I use to compliment omni cra for handling most of the content as duo. 

On 1/25/2021 at 9:31 PM, Zato said:

Thanks for the answer. Kolossium used to be my thing, rocking a mid level trio team (100-150s) team and dominating even occasional 200s that stumbled into mid level range (thanks for the crappy matchmaking ranking system). Back in the good old days I used to run enutrof, masqueraider and ecaflip for kolo and basically one shot people with 3rd turn of rekop. Not sure how viable that would be anymore seeing the changes (nerfs) to the sets, dofuses, trophies and classes.  I don't have much experience with fogger or hupper so I might take a look into those.