• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Leahliah

Trying it out again

Hi,

I played this many years ago but cannot for the life of me remember my characters or account (no access to that email either) so am considering starting over - and it’s been long enough I’m completely blank on knowledge.

A lot has changed, so I’m wondering if I could get any pointers on the different versions? Touch, retro, 2, I’m not sure where to start or where there’s an active community.

Would like an active, friendly server and preferably with people also playing in late 20s and up too (so I’m not the only one feeling ancient lol).

Leah

Not gonna lie, all the people that still play are in their late 20s

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Recently came back to check things out, trying things on Retro:Crail.

Retro plays exactly like the old version befpre they made the 2.0 jump, unless I've missed something, with current version at 1.34 I believe.

2.x Seems like a confusing monster after not playing in ages, tons of spell/build changes and whatnot, but looks like a lot more content added too. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Veldin said:

Not gonna lie, all the people that still play are in their late 20s

😂

7 hours ago, Riv said:

Recently came back to check things out, trying things on Retro:Crail.

Retro plays exactly like the old version befpre they made the 2.0 jump, unless I've missed something, with current version at 1.34 I believe.

2.x Seems like a confusing monster after not playing in ages, tons of spell/build changes and whatnot, but looks like a lot more content added too. 

Yeah I’m nubbing around on echo at the moment and realised this will take some time to get into lol. Looks gorgeous, but everything is definitely incredibly confusing. Still very much enjoying it though, we’ll see how it goes when I get my bearings. 
Retro looks interesting too, I’m happy they gave that option as well.

• Like 1

Bumped into TwF (<3), when discussing the changes he mentioned restarting at 1 in whichever class to relearn, not a bad idea imo. 🙂 Just a thought.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riv said:

Bumped into TwF (<3), when discussing the changes he mentioned restarting at 1 in whichever class to relearn, not a bad idea imo. 🙂 Just a thought.

Ty, yes I think it might be a good idea since it is easier to immerse yourself with just one too. 

I’ve gotten several recommendations for Izy now so I’m thinking maybe that could be a way to go. Now they changed the professions too that part would make it easier, the quests too. I’ll run around a bit more then sub when finally decide where to try lol.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 12:34 AM, Leahliah said:

Ty, yes I think it might be a good idea since it is easier to immerse yourself with just one too. 

I’ve gotten several recommendations for Izy now so I’m thinking maybe that could be a way to go. Now they changed the professions too that part would make it easier, the quests too. I’ll run around a bit more then sub when finally decide where to try lol.

Yep, I came back about 3 months ago and a LOT has changed. It was really overwhelming. Like I told Riv, instead of trying to learn 20+ spells at once, I decided to start fresh.

Learning 1 spell at a time, learning how it works, then later deciding if you want to continue or swap it for the alternative. Spells don't need scrolls and their levels increase as your character level increases but each spell is linked to one other spell and you have to choose which one you prefer to use i.e. you can't use both "linked" spells in the same fight. I learned what I liked the most leveling up "slowly." Another change is almost all elements are viable for all classes - epic level gear is expensive, low level isn't. Starting new gives you time to play around and find the element style you like. Don't believe me? Chance Srams are viable, haha.

After playing a few weeks, I got connected with an old guildy who invited me to her guild and long story short I was lv 199 in about a month. I got tired of the Osa I made despite loving mine back in 2013, and now I'm an Elio. I'm having a lot of fun with it in this new version. Although I do miss the good ol' days, the expansion to Frigost and all the new epic dungeons have made the game pretty fun - at least for now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

DarthMuffin

Schultz

Choco-Cat

Free Shield Smith Services!

darth.gif

11 hours ago, TwF said:

Yep, I came back about 3 months ago and a LOT has changed. It was really overwhelming. Like I told Riv, instead of trying to learn 20+ spells at once, I decided to start fresh.

Learning 1 spell at a time, learning how it works, then later deciding if you want to continue or swap it for the alternative. Spells don't need scrolls and their levels increase as your character level increases but each spell is linked to one other spell and you have to choose which one you prefer to use i.e. you can't use both "linked" spells in the same fight. I learned what I liked the most leveling up "slowly." Another change is almost all elements are viable for all classes - epic level gear is expensive, low level isn't. Starting new gives you time to play around and find the element style you like. Don't believe me? Chance Srams are viable, haha.

After playing a few weeks, I got connected with an old guildy who invited me to her guild and long story short I was lv 199 in about a month. I got tired of the Osa I made despite loving mine back in 2013, and now I'm an Elio. I'm having a lot of fun with it in this new version. Although I do miss the good ol' days, the expansion to Frigost and all the new epic dungeons have made the game pretty fun - at least for now.

Oh, that sounds really lovely actually. And fast when it comes to the leveling, gg! 😊

I agree everything is new and there is so much to take in but I really like it too so far, the quest system seems really nice to me - it gives you some purpose and I like that. And it makes it easier to relearn as you go I think as well. I was so confused at first btw both with professions and those spellpoints lol, was so frustrated couldn’t figure out how to put the points in 😂

I’m currently running around on three (one too many for me tbh,I do like running two but I’m trying to relearn a bit before deciding class and server), doing quests around Astrub familiarising myself with some of the old classes (cra, enu, sadi) before wanting to try one of the new ones.  Still so undecided if I’ll regret locking myself to one acc or not but if Izy is as active as everyone says then perhaps no need to multi. I’ll sub one acc this week, make a decision lol. 

People do make the game what it is, I’ve forgotten a ton but that’s one thing I noticed, I remember it being such a nice community and from what I see here that really seems to still be the case. 

Edited by Leahliah
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Leahliah said:

Oh, that sounds really lovely actually. And fast when it comes to the leveling, gg! 😊

I agree everything is new and there is so much to take in but I really like it too so far, the quest system seems really nice to me - it gives you some purpose and I like that. And it makes it easier to relearn as you go I think as well. I was so confused at first btw both with professions and those spellpoints lol, was so frustrated couldn’t figure out how to put the points in 😂

I’m currently running around on three (one too many for me tbh,I do like running two but I’m trying to relearn a bit before deciding class and server), doing quests around Astrub familiarising myself with some of the old classes (cra, enu, sadi) before wanting to try one of the new ones.  Still so undecided if I’ll regret locking myself to one acc or not but if Izy is as active as everyone says then perhaps no need to multi. I’ll sub one acc this week, make a decision lol. 

People do make the game what it is, I’ve forgotten a ton but that’s one thing I noticed, I remember it being such a nice community and from what I see here that really seems to still be the case. 

Yea, I used to play 3-4 accounts depending on dungeon but I'm solo accounting this time around. I have been considering duoing, but I'm also trying to stick with my strategy of not taking on too much. To be honest, I'm spending way more time playing than I expected which could be good or bad depending how you look at it.

If you're on Echo @Constructs, drop me a PM and I'm happy to chit chat or help 🙂

Edited by TwF
  • Like 2

DarthMuffin

Schultz

Choco-Cat

Free Shield Smith Services!

darth.gif

16 hours ago, TwF said:

To be honest, I'm spending way more time playing than I expected which could be good or bad depending how you look at it.

I know the feeling lol.

And ty, I’ll add you ig - just had a moment of weakness earlier and subbed all three, novice pack not so bad and I’m telling myself I’m just doing a test run 😇😄

3 manning retro. 😞 No one wants to play retro 💔

42 minutes ago, Riv said:

3 manning retro. 😞 No one wants to play retro 💔

You know, that only means you have to come play with us on echo 😚🎶😄. Really, it is a lot of fun though, I’m genuinely enjoying it. (Still confused 95% of the time but that’s fairly normal for me 😂).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leahliah said:

You know, that only means you have to come play with us on echo 😚🎶😄. Really, it is a lot of fun though, I’m genuinely enjoying it. (Still confused 95% of the time but that’s fairly normal for me 😂).

I suppppossssseeeee so, retro server going down in 10mins :(...but lousy pigs until then >:)