• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Scour

Ideas for Dungeon Improvements

Putting these here because I had the thought and that's what this part of the forums is for. :')

Idea: you should be able to increase the difficulty of a dungeon for added rewards in the following ways.
1.) You can select any of the dungeon boss' dream modifiers to apply to the fight for extra exp/loot (10%/25%/62.5% bonus for dream/paradox/nightmare).
2.) You should be able to level scale the dungeon (increase only, say about 1% exp/loot bonus per increased level).
3.) To go the extra mile, for any dungeon affected by the dungeon nerfs (e.g. QoT, Catseye, Koutoulou, Klime) you could revert them back to their old mechanics for a large bonus in exp/loot (idk what value to put here so i'll say a 150% increase because holy shit were they hard in comparison).
4.) These bonuses would multiplicatively stack with all other bonuses (wisdom, pp, challenges, idols).

Would be a nice way to increase rewards from dungeons and offer a new challenge (as the mechanic changes would be specific to the dungeon, as opposed to a blanket mechanic change you can impose on any mob with idols). If anyone has thoughts on improving dungeon content, I'm happy to hear them. I like talking about this game.

• Like 2

tumblr_maroc5i39P1rho4djo1_500.gif

To go the extra mile, for any dungeon affected by the dungeon nerfs (e.g. QoT, Catseye, Koutoulou, Klime)

out of the loop here but what was changed about those first three dungeons? I am aware that Klime just pacifies instead of killing and that makes it HILARIOUSLY easy now

I certainly feel like with the addition of dreams and the difference in monster strength there compared to overworld monsters certainly makes previous dungeons feel trivial in comparison. Why would I feel any challenge facing freezz in her dungeon at her level 200 stats when I have beaten her at 350 with double the damage and hp, for example? Its true that dreams give a decent stat boost and the higher floors require specific comps (compared to most dungeons where you can run anything due to their difficulty) but I dont see why the dungeons themselves couldn't be toggled to scale in a similar fashion.

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae
  • Like 2

8adae8781a0a4059a2176ae6534d5911.png

18ebfda2f75c734baf107198cedbd5c4.png

This is from the changelog from when they simplified dungeons. 🙂

image.png.6912f4570cadcdb4336597aa2b93fefb.png

image.png.6d24d2b6ff315db9a52d3499512af57e.png

image.png.43c3f20b5cf719c053f6beb8d8bf7f8c.png

• Like 1
  • Palm 1

tumblr_maroc5i39P1rho4djo1_500.gif