• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Rob

IV Moderator Applications are now OPEN!

Hi folks!

After almost five long years, we’re once again opening up applications for a new member to join our exclusive Moderator team!

What we’re looking for in a Mod hasn’t changed much from previous rounds; so you might spot slight similarities between this post and Azaelya’s last recruitment drive... or even Fosjam’s before it.

However, there are some additional aspects that we’re looking to fill this time around.

1. We recognise there is a currently a lack of staff who are active Dofus players. Therefore we’d ideally like someone currently active in-game (any version) who can help keep the forum in-line with changes to the Dofus environment. This may involve the creation of new and engaging ‘official’ threads or providing feedback to the admin team where aspects of the forum lose relevancy and may require updating. 

2. Over the last few years Imps Village has undoubtedly lost a sizeable amount of activity. I feel a large proportion of this has been outside of our control, with the significant reduction in Dofus player base and more ‘modern’ communities such as Discord.  However, we could also do better in attracting new members to join us as well as retaining all those pesky lurkers... (I know who you are). Ideally, a new Moderator would be able to help us in achieving this. I.e. increasing interaction with in-game communities or organising fun events on the forum to both drive traffic but also encourage member participation.

Still interested? Questionable... but keep reading. 

If you've applied in the past and didn't make it, you should definitely give it another go, so long as you meet the following:

Requirements for becoming a mod. 

If you do not meet these requirements at the time you're reading this, sorry, but please do not apply (this list has been around for ages, and it still applies).

• You must never use txt-tlk. If you regularly use the word "u" or "ur", the word "your" in place of "you're", if you rarely use punctuation or capital letters, or if you have poor English language skills in general, your application won't be considered. Moderators need to be clear and well-spoken as they are representatives of Imps Village. 

• You must have an excellent history here. If you're a new Imps member, we generally cannot consider you. If you have recent warnings or infractions, it's also unlikely we'll consider you. In addition, we'll look at the past six months or so of your history to see your posting style, if you're quick to anger, if you're a natural problem solver, etc.

• You must have a good reputation with the community. If most of the Mods don't immediately recognise your name, you probably won't be considered. This one's always a slightly looser requirement if you have an absolutely stellar application, but it's usually a good place to start. 

• You must be familiar and agree with our Rules.

• You must be mature and objective. There is no real-life age requirement to be a Moderator, however you must act as though you're in your 20s or higher for us to consider you. If we feel you'll show favor to your friends once you're a Moderator, you'll not be accepted.

• The Mod team must be able to trust you implicitly. This goes without saying as the role brings with it access to sensitive and confidential information. 

• You must have a strong-willed and upbeat personality. You have to have a sense of humor and the ability to crack jokes or we're just not going to work well together. Also, I'm not going to lie: being a Moderator is a horrible, thankless job. People will hate you, flame you and send PMs claiming that you broke into their house and killed their labradoodle, and you'll almost never get a pat on the back from anyone other than the other Mods. But if you're cool with that, then awesome.

How it all goes down:

So, let’s get to the good stuff. How do you apply? PM me your applications directly via Imps - there will be enough inbox space for everyone, I promise! All applications will be kept confidential within the moderation and administration team (so long as you send them to the correct place of course).

Here’s how to go about it: copy and paste the little application questionnaire below, and fill it in accordingly. It will then be posted in the super secret Mod Chambers for all of our Mods and Admins to read, and we’ll discuss each person. After all of that discussion, we will take a vote. If any single Mod or Admin makes a vote against you, I'm sorry but that’s the end of your application journey. We take this incredibly seriously so we’re pretty intense in our decision-making process. We’re looking for that perfect individual to join our team and I’d happily cut my losses in taking no one than compromise on the perfection that is our existing set of staff. 

The following questions are to be copied and pasted into a PM that will be sent to me (@Rob) and then each question is to be filled out. DO NOT DELETE THE QUESTIONS. Good lord, please don’t do that. It hurts us, so, so much. Also, you may not receive a confirmation that your application has been received -- just trust that I have it. 

1. What's your name in real life? Just a first name is fine if you want -- we just like to be on a first-name basis.

2. How old are you in real life? Nothing you say can hurt you we're just getting to know you!

3. Which server do you play, or did you play? Do you play Retro/Touch/Wakfu? You don't have to be a Dofus or Wakfu player for the position, but we'd like to know your community background.

4. Where are you from and when are you generally online? Give us your time zone, too.

5. Who the hell are you? Talk about yourself, what you like, what you do... all that junk.

6. Why do you want to be a Moderator?

7. What do you see yourself bringing to IV as a new member of the team? You could refer to aspects 1 & 2 in the 2019 recruitment thread for ideas here.

8. If you don't get chosen, who would you want to see fill the position, and why?

9. Meatloaf would do anything for love, but he won't "do that". What is that?

10. What's one of your pet peeves about the current moderation? And no, this doesn't mean you should attack us (that would be bad for getting on the team, don't ya know;)), but more along the lines of constructive criticism and how you plan on improving things. 

11. What's the one thing that annoys you most that people do on this forum?

12. What is your favourite topic on IV and why?

13. Batman: superhero, or just a man? Does it even matter?

14. Who would you ban and why? And no, this isn't the opportunity to take out your rage on your former in-game BFF who stole your gobball set--this is about identifying a person who you believe is hurting the IV community.
(It’s okay if they’re not necessarily active now, just an example of your mindset in this area).

15. Draw us a bad MS Paint picture of your favourite thing/memory of Imps. And then tell us a bit about it.

TIP TO ALL APPLICANTS:

There are some open-ended questions up there that ask you to just talk about something. If you answer these questions with just a couple words or a short sentence, your application will most likely be deleted without notice. If you don't have time to sit down and think about an answer, you don't have time to mod! Also, some of these questions are just begging you to be funny. Please don't be boring. We hate boring apps!

Timing:

The application stage will be open for a while (at minimum three weeks from this post) and I’ll provide a weeks notice before this closes; so do take a little time to think about what you want to say.

good luck 🙂 

- Rob & the IV team

• Like 2

Kikn | Blank ⚪

Awesome forums, awesome people, and Rob. Rob, Rob, Rob. Also Ikea. 

Applying in 6 years so you better hop on to rant on my application by then. Attracting people isn't rocket-science but are you up for the price requests? If so, I'll get us a thousand new and old faces.

Good luck Imps! 

• Like 1

Hi, I would like to apply for an Imps MOD.
I hope rules are not as hard as applying for Dofus MOD.

[Removed]

Edited by Rob
You may not reveal your warn log

ab.jpg

ca.jpg

bvl.png

When I apply for MOD:
image.png.a4124bdddf824b6b3af717146a2db420.png

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

ab.jpg

ca.jpg

bvl.png

good to see you're going for a 1:1 mod to member ratio then

• Palm 1
  • Haha 1

1604099165_ScreenShot2018-09-23at11_04_40pm.png.f822d5f65a71a9faa9ae61e92ba45cc8.png

XNcvlvb.jpg

1. What's your name in real life? Just a first name is fine if you want -- we just like to be on a first-name basis.
  2.  Gregory jośe
  3. How old are you in real life? Nothing you say can hurt you we're just getting to know you!

4. 420

5. Which server do you play, or did you play? Do you play Retro/Touch/Wakfu? You don't have to be a Dofus or Wakfu player for the position, but we'd like to know your community background.
  6. I play Hecate

7. Where are you from and when are you generally online? Give us your time zone, too.

8. I COME FROM A LAND DOWN UNDER WHERE WOMEN GLOW AND MEN PLUNDER

10. Who the hell are you? Talk about yourself, what you like, what you do... all that junk.

11. I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
  12. Why do you want to be a Moderator?

13. still mad and bad about this site refusing my mod application the last 420 times

14. What do you see yourself bringing to IV as a new member of the team? You could refer to aspects 1 & 2 in the 2019 recruitment thread for ideas here.
  15. I promise to post once a month increasing traffic on this site 69%

16. If you don't get chosen, who would you want to see fill the position, and why?

17. Gregory jose also @Sunbathe

18. Meatloaf would do anything for love, but he won't "do that". What is that?

19. anal

20. What's one of your pet peeves about the current moderation? And no, this doesn't mean you should attack us (that would be bad for getting on the team, don't ya know;)), but more along the lines of constructive criticism and how you plan on improving things. 
  21. pet peeve is mainly rob

22. What's the one thing that annoys you most that people do on this forum?

23. rob posting

24. What is your favourite topic on IV and why?

25. @Pereb xXx420xXx snipers recruitment thread that was closed #justiceforpereb

26. Batman: superhero, or just a man? Does it even matter?
  27. he's a rich cuck not a superhero. He doesn't have any defining features that make him 'super'

28. Who would you ban and why? And no, this isn't the opportunity to take out your rage on your former in-game BFF who stole your gobball set--this is about identifying a person who you believe is hurting the IV community.
(It’s okay if they’re not necessarily active now, just an example of your mindset in this area).
  29. ban @bobeur @laoshi@Brutt-os1@Sunbathe@Rob@Kiba@Ala also definitely animuffin for robbing @laoshi when he won that contest and not paying him
  31. Draw us a bad MS Paint picture of your favourite thing/memory of Imps. And then tell us a bit about it
  32. my least favourite memory is rob
  33. C:\Users\bobbert\Pictures\Robbeingacuck.raw
Edited by Coopers
im 12 years old i do what i want
  • Like 7
  • Palm 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

1604099165_ScreenShot2018-09-23at11_04_40pm.png.f822d5f65a71a9faa9ae61e92ba45cc8.png

XNcvlvb.jpg

epic application friend I support you

• Palm 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

cd2f09e93c47ef2c29b2a825df503859.jpg

Hello familiar faces! 

I would be interested in this if it came ~3 months later. I've only been active again on Dofus for a couple weeks, and it's been a bummer seeing the low activity level here. 

grande app coop, moroccan mafia supports you

• Haha 1

~ Herosdumaroc osa lvl 200

Proud member of Blank and Superlative Exemplare .

r0FC72j.png

@Coopers 😡

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae
  • Palm 1

c45f8fe51361533431143e9664612f6a.png8a5c8a68cf3be52e05d2d9d839d7aa6c.png

35 minutes ago, Tamamo-no-Mae said:

mad bcos bad @Tamamo-no-Mae

• Like 1
  • Palm 1
  • Love 1

XNcvlvb.jpg

emmm hola. i vote for @Coopers-chan and me for new modos. cy@

Edited by Good Gaucho

Woah 15 questions! I'm sorry but I don't have a funny bone in my body and I keep forgetting my password.

Edited by Zargabanth

Bump - still seeking to fill this position  :wub:

• Like 1

Kikn | Blank ⚪

wow coopers didnt get it???

cd2f09e93c47ef2c29b2a825df503859.jpg

@Coopers so bad he can be the only candidate and not get it

ATTENTION ALL THOTS: THIS USER IS A CERTIFIED 𝒿𝑒𝓌𝓁𝑜𝓇𝒹™ !! BEING SUCH, THIS USER ONLY ACCEPTS JAP GAMER HOTTIES WHO CAN GIVE THE FATTEST SUCC® ! IF YOU ARE A THOTTIE OR NEGRO SCUM,PLEASE LEAVE THIS PAGE IMMEDIATELY.THIS USER DOES NOT STAND FOR SEEING SUBORDINATES ON HIS PAGE, ONLY THE GIRLS WITH ANIME TITTIES™