• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
ArmouredID

time to return?

Hey guys,

Just wondering, if i wanted to return, should i just play on 2.0 (Echo), or transfer server (if possible)?

or just go straight to Retro?

The goal is to play on the well populated server, don't want to find myself playing like it is a semi-private server

Thanks in advance!

ECHO

Volkswagen - 200 Iop

Van - 200 Eni

ALGATHE

Van - nub sacrier

it depends what do you need.. Echo server is already fully developed and a lot of players have "crossed" the game, I mean they have all achievements and they are big levels, so it will be very difficult to break into the scene and it will take a long time.. and I can say population on echo is medium-low, because some players switched to Ilyzaelle  server (mono-account server where you can play only on one account).. also, every few months Temporis servers are opened for duration of 2-3 months and then they shut down, so many people going to those servers too.. if you are nostalgic and want to play old dofus 1.29, I would highly recommend you to start playing on Dofus Retro servers that are open few days ago, there is a very high population at this moment and it's very challenging now to play because it is beginning and everyone trying to break into the stage, be the highest level, have the best guild, trying to drop gelano (there are hundred of players on jelly peninsula lol), some interesting things haven't even started yet, such as breeding, pvp agros, prisms.. I have personally left the echo and started a new dofus career on the Dofus Retro Droopik server and I am very pleased.. but as I already mentioned, it depends on what exactly you are interested in and what do you want in dofus, you certainly have many options.. whatever decision you make, you will not be wrong.

Enjoy! 🙂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fireklin said:

it depends what do you need.. Echo server is already fully developed and a lot of players have "crossed" the game, I mean they have all achievements and they are big levels, so it will be very difficult to break into the scene and it will take a long time.. and I can say population on echo is medium-low, because some players switched to Ilyzaelle  server (mono-account server where you can play only on one account).. also, every few months Temporis servers are opened for duration of 2-3 months and then they shut down, so many people going to those servers too.. if you are nostalgic and want to play old dofus 1.29, I would highly recommend you to start playing on Dofus Retro servers that are open few days ago, there is a very high population at this moment and it's very challenging now to play because it is beginning and everyone trying to break into the stage, be the highest level, have the best guild, trying to drop gelano (there are hundred of players on jelly peninsula lol), some interesting things haven't even started yet, such as breeding, pvp agros, prisms.. I have personally left the echo and started a new dofus career on the Dofus Retro Droopik server and I am very pleased.. but as I already mentioned, it depends on what exactly you are interested in and what do you want in dofus, you certainly have many options.. whatever decision you make, you will not be wrong.

Enjoy! 🙂

Hmm yea, i agree. Dofus offers flexibility, i guess i will try to play on Echo for duo at this moment, soo damn lazy to queue 2k + just to logging in on Retro lmao 😂

and, correct me if im wrong, but do we need team of 8 for Retro? To be able to farm the sets, unlike the 2.0 dungeon mechanism.

As for the 2.0 any suggestions on duo combo that can pretty much duo all dungeons?

thanks mate!

Edited by ArmouredID

ECHO

Volkswagen - 200 Iop

Van - 200 Eni

ALGATHE

Van - nub sacrier

43 minutes ago, ArmouredID said:

Hmm yea, i agree. Dofus offers flexibility, i guess i will try to play on Echo for duo at this moment, soo damn lazy to queue 2k + just to logging in on Retro lmao 😂

and, correct me if im wrong, but do we need team of 8 for Retro? To be able to farm the sets, unlike the 2.0 dungeon mechanism.

As for the 2.0 any suggestions on duo combo that can pretty much duo all dungeons?

thanks mate!

ahhh yea those queues are so terrible, I hope they will fix em soon

nah, you don't need to have your team of 8 alts, if you mean that.. there are really a lot of players so you can get group for anything very easy.. of course, more chars=better drop, but for xp it's not the rule, I think 4-5 chars are best for xp

for 2.x dofus, best duo char for me is sram + any other class (best rogue), or sadida + any other class.. I did all duos lvl 200 with those combinations

So Iops is no longer good for duo? 

I need to learn about the new meta as well i guess.

sram is the best class for duo? And sadida?

ECHO

Volkswagen - 200 Iop

Van - 200 Eni

ALGATHE

Van - nub sacrier

I honestly say Retro.
I have yet to be bothered by a queue and the community on Echo is dead.
So only go to 2.0 if you want to run your own team,otherwise you will struggle like mad.

Peace.png.ec4958dd2008784efdfcf5b006b5d53f.png

Keeping contact lists clean.
One enemy at a time.

2 hours ago, Stryke~ said:

I honestly say Retro.
I have yet to be bothered by a queue and the community on Echo is dead.
So only go to 2.0 if you want to run your own team,otherwise you will struggle like mad.

How about making a duo team? Is it good enough if i want to play again in 2.0?

ECHO

Volkswagen - 200 Iop

Van - 200 Eni

ALGATHE

Van - nub sacrier

1 hour ago, ArmouredID said:

How about making a duo team? Is it good enough if i want to play again in 2.0?

Well,you don't really have to.
But it's grueling unless you got friends.

Peace.png.ec4958dd2008784efdfcf5b006b5d53f.png

Keeping contact lists clean.
One enemy at a time.

Imagine playing on Echo nowdays.
Died years ago.
Kept dying even more with Temporis servers coming out as people are sick of Echo itself but can't transfer to another server (fucking rip).
And now fatal blow 30% of the community that was actually successful in this game went for playing Retro.
So yeah, enjoy Echo with randoms and mainly bots because Echo is MODless server so you can do botting there pretty well if you know which program to use.

If you really wanna return I highly recommend you creating account on dofus.com/fr and starting on Ush, Pandora, Meriana, Brumen.

Ush - PvP
Pandora/Meriana - PvM/best economy
Brumen - PvM/players actually willing to play with you

• Like 1

ab.jpg

ca.jpg

bvl.png

You're assuming everyone will forever play Retro now. It's a new server, and people just want to rush it for a little bit, just like they did with Temporis. Once they get bored, they return to Echo. Feel free to argument how good the Retro/1.29 community is, and how fun it is. Don't bullshit people, though, that's just a disservice to the English community. According to Statofus (AFAIK, the most accurate way to track a server's population), the Echo population basically hasn't changed since May 2018.

And what bots are you talking about lol? Why are exaggerating so much about everything? 30%? Where the fuck are you getting these numbers from xddddd

And didn't your Meriana account get banned because you were playing outside of your community, and logged without a VPN, or am I mixing up events?

How about this - if you want to play on a multi-account server and most notably, actively advance in PVM, choose Echo; if you want to spend time with randoms and you care more for the fun, less for efficiency, choose Ilyzaelle due its population and solo accounting; if you want to experience the 1.29 nostalgia, choose Retro. 

Ankama literally said they plan on merging the Retro servers because this is just the starting load of Retro. The population will fall. There is absolutely no reason to hope or pretend this is going to be Retro's population forever. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, EUPHORIA said:

Imagine playing on Echo nowdays.
Died years ago.
Kept dying even more with Temporis servers coming out as people are sick of Echo itself but can't transfer to another server (fucking rip).
And now fatal blow 30% of the community that was actually successful in this game went for playing Retro.
So yeah, enjoy Echo with randoms and mainly bots because Echo is MODless server so you can do botting there pretty well if you know which program to use.

If you really wanna return I highly recommend you creating account on dofus.com/fr and starting on Ush, Pandora, Meriana, Brumen.

Ush - PvP
Pandora/Meriana - PvM/best economy
Brumen - PvM/players actually willing to play with you

False, Echo has pvp if you participate in the AVA perc/prism fights between Curse, Rage, Grand. Also you can see we also have a server discord for Echo at https://discord.gg/vNM25Zy and you can see the activity for yourself. However i do agree with you on the fact that the servers overall population is decreasing because of players leaving for Temporis, Retro, Oto, Shadow, Tournaments, French/Spanish/Etc community , Ilzyaele, Dofus Touch  but to say Echo is dead and etc is a bit of a stretch because there is still alot of activity on the server and yes it had more active times (after merge) i think the population is still healthy.

Edited by Uthman

Up to 4 (700x400) images, up to 4 URLs, up to 6 lines with an approximate total size of 700x400 for the entire signature.

well seeing the discord channel is not so dead in my opinion, alright, might try to play on Echo with both of my char Iop and Eni it is! see you guys!

thanks for all the input was mean a lot for me! 

ECHO

Volkswagen - 200 Iop

Van - 200 Eni

ALGATHE

Van - nub sacrier

7 hours ago, Abraham Van Helsing said:

You're assuming everyone will forever play Retro now. It's a new server, and people just want to rush it for a little bit, just like they did with Temporis. Once they get bored, they return to Echo. Feel free to argument how good the Retro/1.29 community is, and how fun it is. Don't bullshit people, though, that's just a disservice to the English community. According to Statofus (AFAIK, the most accurate way to track a server's population), the Echo population basically hasn't changed since May 2018.

And what bots are you talking about lol? Why are exaggerating so much about everything? 30%? Where the fuck are you getting these numbers from xddddd

And didn't your Meriana account get banned because you were playing outside of your community, and logged without a VPN, or am I mixing up events?

How about this - if you want to play on a multi-account server and most notably, actively advance in PVM, choose Echo; if you want to spend time with randoms and you care more for the fun, less for efficiency, choose Ilyzaelle due its population and solo accounting; if you want to experience the 1.29 nostalgia, choose Retro. 

Ankama literally said they plan on merging the Retro servers because this is just the starting load of Retro. The population will fall. There is absolutely no reason to hope or pretend this is going to be Retro's population forever. 

I don't assume everyone will play forever any of the versions, as everyone quit at some point.
Once people get bored they return to Echo? Are you messing with me? What people? There's no people playing on Echo. At least no people I'd recommend to play with.
And I'm not bullshitting anyone, your problem is that I'm ruining Echo even more than it currently is and perhaps your leeches, only source of making kamas before you turn to scamming again. (I'm not sure why you're allowed to have Imps account even as scammers are forbidden here but okay)

Now let's move on,
According to Statofus there are people logging within days not to lose their houses, as well as chatting with their friends they gained within years of playing this game, but they are not playing it (you wouldn't know this as for you people here are virtual creatures and there is no such thing as virtual friends and you prefer scamming them perhaps).
I'm sure Statofus doesn't mention this once you check it for server's population? :')
Also there's bunch of bots, but you wouldn't know that (or you would but you just wanna argue) because you're too busy getting people out of Platinum (Oh yeah, I know everything about it, but not a place to talk about it now).

Now, let's move to my Meriana account part. Most of people who were successful on Echo (Steam-Alb, Defuse, Teign, aso) moved on French servers due to better community/economy.
Did they get banned? No.
Wanna know why? Because you're not getting banned for playing on another community as long as you stick to community rules.

Now, let's teach you something about French accounts as you seem to be very interested about it, or you just wanna be informed about me (or should I say misinformed):

You can legally create an account on https://www.dofus.com/fr/mmorpg/jouer under your IP address and add French servers.
Before, you could also add other community servers by switching to another IP address (example USA IP for Echo).
For your information, this is not allowed anymore so don't worry, I don't abuse this as you're really concerned about it.
If you happened to have an account with two communities like this, you couldn't log on servers your account is not part of if it's unsubscribed. Means as long as account is subscribed there is no need for such thing as VPN.
Guess what? Sub is no problem for me, but you know that, don't you? 😉

Alright, now hope you learned something new there, or else if you knew this then you're an idiot for making me write down all this for you as I look at you as a nescient.
But it's fine, maybe some people were wondering how so there's an explanation.

About my Meriana account... That's why I said you're misinformed because I said that so people like you who like to trashtalk me have something to talk about and be happy about something that never happened.
Why? Because one day, like now, when they mention it I can laugh my ass off how stupid they are (you in this case).

Now back to topic:

If you wanna play solo go Ilyzaelle.
If you wanna do stuff with other players/be part of active server with a good economy go French servers (ones I said above this).
If you wanna play on overpopulated 1.29 servers full of fun and nostalgia go Algathe as all English players are currently there.
Do not listen to people like Timeless who wanna give you wrong information about Echo and how it's a server you should play on.
Echo is only good for botting, nothing else. (not even botting as nothing sells xdddddddd but np, at least it's a MODless server so you can do whatever)

About Retro and merging.. Well, they added so far 3 or so new servers because they can't handle with all the queue they're getting on current servers. It's because they are populated, you know, else there would be no queue on servers. I can't wait to see how long it will take for servers to merge due to ''lack of population eventually'' topkek.

Edited by EUPHORIA
  • Like 5

ab.jpg

ca.jpg

bvl.png

To get my point:

If you wanna play with autists and scammers like Timeless (Quinotaur) then go Echo.
If you wanna play PvP with braindead people who think they actually know something about PvP then you might consider going to Echo as well.
But IF you wanna be part of something that's actually interesting (as most people that play on Echo wouldn't know) then go Retro or French community (Ilyzaelle as well for mono accounter).
Do not listen to people who are saying Retro will die. There's no doubt population will drop a bit, because it's way too overpopulated now. Once it drops a bit it will be gorgeous (will keep it's insanity, 100x times as good as Eratz/Henual were before duplication issue).
Just by reading posts here about Retro servers you will see an active ImpsVillage, which is rare opportunity to see nowdays. You won't see an active ImpsVillage where people buy/sell items/resources on Echo, or having some discussion about something that's happening on it. One of examples that will show you how good Echo is (or should I say bad) and how good Retro is.
There's nothing to discuss about it anymore. Saying that I'm bullshitting people makes you a bigger fool than you are now.

I think I got my point here. So take time to think about it yourself or ask people around and see who's right and who's not and who's living in dreams where Echo is a good server and who's actually advising you correctly due to huge experience between all in-game servers.

Edited by EUPHORIA
  • Like 2

ab.jpg

ca.jpg

bvl.png

I just returned aswell and I chose Retro. I have not regretted that decision in any way!

Everyone is fairly new / low level, people are actually doing "ALL" of the low level content (not just leeching), and the english speaking community is very pleasant!

Guilds like Platinum, Omni and UTE are all filling up quickly and provide more than enough community.

I suggest you try it out and get to atleast level 20 before you dismiss it

P.S. This is also a good time to start on Algathe because massive loads of adventurer sets / gobball sets are being dumped in the markets for very cheap prices since people are growing out of these sets.

So no need to waste your time on trying to drop these things

Hope we see you there!

- Exer

Edited by -Exer-
  • Like 2

Currently active on Algathe

See you there !

Shikan by heart

150?cb=20170710134346

In Shika we trust

:.:.: Never forget where you come from :.:.:

Imagine the ego of someone who goes around calling people scammers while having 5 bans and 20 warning points himself. Hilarious.

Imagine being biggest scammer on rushu after alpha

d47a31bf.jpg

• Haha 1

[12:36] Coops: remove kebab

imagine not imagining anything and everyone respecting everyone's opinion and not getting emotional about it / butt hurt and respecting all servers and enjoying the game????

Edited by Uthman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Up to 4 (700x400) images, up to 4 URLs, up to 6 lines with an approximate total size of 700x400 for the entire signature.

So you're fine with scamming? can u give me ur stuff

[12:36] Coops: remove kebab

Imagine not calling a scammer being a scammer. Also imagine taking seriously 5 bans and 20 warning points, rofl

Edit: Fyi, even if I had 50 bans and 1000 warning points non of them was and non of them will be because of affecting other people's progress so don't put yourself in the same sentence with me. By saying ''himself'' in your sentence you're implying that I'm the same type of person as you are, which ain't happening. So please, do not compare yourself with me ever again, thank you. No one called you a ''ToS breaker'', but a scammer. 😉 

Edited by EUPHORIA

ab.jpg

ca.jpg

bvl.png

anticipation popcorn GIF

• Haha 4

SGP31vS.png

So you were fine with chatting with me for years until I called you out on your bullshit one day? Same for Doom who's bought many of my leeches and thanked me every time. xd

Haven't played for months and I don't even know what retro is but I'm pretty sure that you'll have a fun time playing wherever as long as you avoid 90% of the people at [-1,0]

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, Quinotaur said:

So you were fine with chatting with me for years until I called you out on your bullshit one day? Same for Doom who's bought many of my leeches and thanked me every time. xd

Let me clear this up for you as well.
First, I never spoke to you for years once you've done what you've done.
Second, I only spoke to you because I've been asked from people in Platinum to accept you and not be rude to you as you're part of Platinum. Moment you left it for real (3rd time or so), all our conversations have finished.
Third, you're well known in this game to be a weirdo and probably mentally challenged person so it's nothing new that you call out someone on their bullshit or whatever you're trying to say here.

Oh, one more thing for you:
https://tot-prod.blog/2019/10/02/points-sur-les-projets/

Read this up:
image.png.a7b6c080b0497923a72b69e519553544.png

Enjoy reading that part. Have fun, cya. Don't feel like bothering with you anymore, find another person to annoy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

ab.jpg

ca.jpg

bvl.png

To be fair, i am actually very happy with the success of the retro servers because this helps old timers return and revives the game a bit and if i wasn't busy I also would also be playing there (while also playing Echo). However the point I'm trying to make is Echo still has a good population and is still enjoyable.