Jump to content
  • Imps Blue
  • Imps Green
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Sky
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
-Killer-

Mono account guild for the upcoming Retro server?

Recommended Posts

Hey folks,

 

would anyone be interested in creating a mono account guild for the upcoming retro server? I am kinda sad it isnt mono account only by default (in my humble opinion the ability to multi account caused the games downfall) but from a business point of view it is understandable why they decided to go this route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People multiaccounted because important roles could only be handled by a few classes and those classes were either boring to play or had trouble soloing content. By 1.29, it was less of a problem, so I think a solo server would work if they replaced/buffed some of the really shitty spells that still exist for some classes (Iop).

 

A solo guild is a good idea. You can also consider creating a discord channel or a room dedicated for solo players in a channel like Under the Edge. 


Playing on Fraktal. RIP my life.

 

Warriors... even more OP

 

On 1/2/2013 at 8:02 PM, Archangel-xx said:

I win Dofus.

yay.png

 

On 12/24/2012 at 0:57 AM, 'Mercutio said:

Indeed. As far as wonderful experiences go it ranks up there with trying to force a rusty nail into your pee-hole while coating your finger with chilli powder then violating your own anal passage with said finger repeatedly. Its unpleasant. Trust me I know ive done it often. That being said both scenarios offer mild enjoyment so im in.

JWs41BL.png
turq x82, emerald x16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Archangel,

 

I understand why people did use multiple accounts but I feel like it kinda goes against the concept of MMOs. I remember being in a 30 +/- member guild in 2005 and the guild chat felt just so alive and I had so many fun memories talking to and playing with other people regardless of beating a dungeon or dying to mobs/percs. Fast forward to 2008 and being in one of the servers top guilds with like 200 +/- members and all you could see in chat was hi or bye when someone logged in or out, being busy playing their team of chars and whenever a solo player popped up asking if any of these multi accounters wanted to do something they just kind of either ignored it or scratched their head and pretended theyre either busy or whatnot when in reality they didnt want to you to join them cause you would "steal" their loot and not play your turns perfectly within 3 seconds.

 

Anyway, thats a good idea with the discord channel. Gonna give that one a try although most people who would be up for this will be recruited when the server launches I guess as Imps Village seems to be a rather quiet place nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, -Killer- said:

Hey folks,

 

would anyone be interested in creating a mono account guild for the upcoming retro server? I am kinda sad it isnt mono account only by default (in my humble opinion the ability to multi account caused the games downfall) but from a business point of view it is understandable why they decided to go this route.

I see, you gkick people proven to be multiaccounting? 😄


Eniripsa Winged-one Pandawa Hubabuba Enutrof  Uncommon Rogue Cra Maiklnait
~*All professions 200*~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, they will be tortured and crucified.

 

Lol, jk - I am not sure how the guild is going to turn out but Id love it to be mono account only because I think these people have more to offer to the community within the guild than people who just like to play the game alone by themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think mono accounting on 1.29 will be torture, since the game is 420 times slower than the current game. Depending on other players can be a real pain, especially if you're in awkward timezones. And there's the team composition, often specific classes are very much needed but nowhere to be found. 

A limit of 2-4 chars per player makes more sense to me. That way you can still farm stuff more easily, but also have to team up for the harder content and/or dungeons.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

cd2f09e93c47ef2c29b2a825df503859.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really depends on your mindset going into the game. If you played more accounts before you obviously had and still have a reasoning for that. Game is slower but that is exactly what I like, it keeps all the zones populated not just the high level ones. You "need" class x for y dungeon but do you really? I mean, honestly, the old Dofus is pretty, lets say easy or trivial when it comes to PvE. It might be the most effective / time efficient way to bring x class for y dungeon but if youre clever enough you can beat it with almost any group composition. Thats probably the difference between people as some just play for the experience / journey / challenge and do not care about when a set goal is met and other want to reach them asap therefore looking for the most efficient ways which will always be multi accounting obviously. I understand both approaches but like the first one much more.

 

PS: One of the most memorable moments from the game for me is a Wabbit Castle run late 2005 or early 2006 cant remember when exactly. The group was all random people and we started at 7PM and I had to go to school the next day thinking "oh yeah 3-4h and were done, will get enough sleep"... It was a god damn fiesta, people kept separating themselves from the group and randomly dying to gwanpas and skeletons. Anyway we made it, we killed Wa Wabbit and got ported to Amakna at freaking 4AM and this dude ( think it was POONAGE) posts his +3HP Wa Wabbit hat and eventhough I was half asleep the second half of the dungeon this made me literally laugh out loud for like 5 minutes. Yeah and this memory for some reason stuck with me all these years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -Killer- said:

It really depends on your mindset going into the game. If you played more accounts before you obviously had and still have a reasoning for that. Game is slower but that is exactly what I like, it keeps all the zones populated not just the high level ones. You "need" class x for y dungeon but do you really? I mean, honestly, the old Dofus is pretty, lets say easy or trivial when it comes to PvE. It might be the most effective / time efficient way to bring x class for y dungeon but if youre clever enough you can beat it with almost any group composition. Thats probably the difference between people as some just play for the experience / journey / challenge and do not care about when a set goal is met and other want to reach them asap therefore looking for the most efficient ways which will always be multi accounting obviously. I understand both approaches but like the first one much more.

 

PS: One of the most memorable moments from the game for me is a Wabbit Castle run late 2005 or early 2006 cant remember when exactly. The group was all random people and we started at 7PM and I had to go to school the next day thinking "oh yeah 3-4h and were done, will get enough sleep"... It was a god damn fiesta, people kept separating themselves from the group and randomly dying to gwanpas and skeletons. Anyway we made it, we killed Wa Wabbit and got ported to Amakna at freaking 4AM and this dude ( think it was POONAGE) posts his +3HP Wa Wabbit hat and eventhough I was half asleep the second half of the dungeon this made me literally laugh out loud for like 5 minutes. Yeah and this memory for some reason stuck with me all these years.

I don't know man, I multi account because it's nice not having to schedule something together with three separate other human beings every single time I want to run literally any dungeon. It's nice being able to do things at my own pace and to play with my friends because I want to, not out of necessity. I personally would rather NOT spend 9 hours running Wa Wabbit when I could spend 4; I simply don't have the available game time for it. People grow up and get responsibilities and fuller schedules. What was doable as a kid because you had time to spare no longer cuts it. I recognize that you play the game to make social connections and have fun with others, and I think that's a lovely way to play - I too think this game is about social connections and that the community is what keeps the majority of people here (what little there is left of it on Echo, even). I just don't think that multi-accounting was what killed the game, and I don't think you should go around blaming people who value their time rather than taking issue with Ankama's refusal to advertise, terrible treatment of the international community, rushed updates, blatant cash grabs, and other clear issues with the company that runs this game. 

 

Long and short of it, multi accounting is fine as long as the people doing it still want to hang out with others. If they don't then they never would have in the first place. It's not like opening two Dofus clients at once is a magic drug that turns you anti-social.

  • Like 3
  • Love 3

tumblr_maroc5i39P1rho4djo1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 10:38 AM, -Killer- said:

whenever a solo player popped up asking if any of these multi accounters wanted to do something they just kind of either ignored it or scratched their head and pretended theyre either busy or whatnot when in reality they didnt want to you to join them cause you would "steal" their loot and not play your turns perfectly within 3 seconds.

the majority of multi clienters don't want to invite soloers to their groups because they tab out inbetween turns, then don't know what the fuck's going on and then do something stupid that wipes the whole team. snobby solo players act like multiboxers are antisocial dickheads and that they're entitled to join any dungeon run that they want, but then they act like they're getting carried and don't have to pay any goddamn attention or lift a finger to see the run concluded. i get it, i get that it takes a while inbetween their turns when they're 1 of 7 things in the fight all taking turns, but if it's really so unbearable, then why don't they fucking multibox.

 

/rant


200 Panda | 200 Hupper | 200 Mask | 200 Sadi

take a look at my art thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come to think of it, I create a topic asking solo players if they want to create a guild in the new retro server and all the people who reply are multi accounters trying to defend and explain why multi accounting is the way to play. I guess this topic doesnt really serve its real purpose and can be closed. See you all in game when its out. Have a good one.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.375ef8bf26ab13404bda07ff2567c9da.png

 

but go off i guess

  • Haha 4

200 Panda | 200 Hupper | 200 Mask | 200 Sadi

take a look at my art thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, -Killer- said:

t might be the most effective / time efficient way to bring x class for y dungeon but if you're clever enough you can beat it with almost any group composition.

The problem with teaming up with randoms is the different play styles, which in turn makes it even more difficult to beat dungeons with "any" group composition. Unless you're a "synchronised" team I completely disagree with it being viable. Teaming up with terrible randoms (which is like at least 80% of players) while solo playing is the absolute worst. 

 

Of course I have the same memories, trying to recruit an SO team and when you're finally complete it's 3am and 2 others fell asleep meanwhile. But like Scour said, those times are over and I can't (and don't want to) stay awake the entire night for a dungeon run, no matter the fun involved. 


cd2f09e93c47ef2c29b2a825df503859.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always argued the reason I multi in one word "flexibility".  I want the flexibility to log off in the middle of a dungeon and log right back to where I left off later.  I want to log off in the middle of a hunt and log right back to it later.  I want to make it 3/4 of the way to cawwot castle and log back on later. 

 

If I have 2-3-4-5 people that are grouped with me, I can ruin their game day plans, and I don't want to do that.

 

I'm all for a single account guild or experience and support it, but it just doesn't work for my life where I get an hour here or an hour there to play.  So I will continue to multi and always will.  I really like the idea of having 4 accounts and teaming up with 1 friend with 4 accounts, but that doesn't seem to happen.

 

I know this is a crazy idea, but the only way that I could see this game working for solo accounts is being able to teleport to any map at any time.  This way, if one person leaves, you can come right back later.  I don't see any other way to make it work unless every player has hours and hours of time to commit to one "run" of something.  That's not realistic.

Edited by Cadderly

Currently playing Eratz (1.29 version)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@-Killer-:
Can't speak for Eratz, but I know Annie and Ana is there (they're on Henual too) and they manage just well with just 1 (yes Annie, I know you do more sometimes). On Henual we have a whole bunch of mono accounters and some of them are the ones most well put on server. There is a reason though. They've proven to the community that they aren't people who give up, thus they make friends. Some however (if not a majority, and none of the mentioned), do the easy way, and buy kamas.
As for quiet guilds, I can't relate. I've never been in a mono account guild (well, yes - if you count 2005) but our guilds are too noisy. We just won't shut up. I think what you lacked back then was a community, not mono accounters. If one person play 4, another 2, and 2 other guys play 1 each (4 people total) - is that not okay either? This happens pretty often on our servers at least. If you are interested I can introduce you to an experience on Dofus that I think would suit you pretty well. Our Discord:
https://discord.gg/YdD9c6 (link expires in 24h).

Mono isn't for me either, but I wish you the best of luck.

 

Edited by Youbutsu
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been playing on eratz for 3 years now only using one account and seems to be just fine met couple of other people that speak Spanish. I’ve tried henual as well and it seems to work out just fine really just need to try and communicate with people and they will help :D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ignore it's multi, just come and have fun ^___^ 

  • Like 1

SGP31vS.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...