• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Qcee

Dofus 1.29 new server?!

3 hours ago, clairevoyanc3 said:

I certainly hope the retro server gets a chance to take off. Something newer players might not appreciate, but in the beginning we didn't power level traditionally per-say but explored every bit of the world as we went. Every time someone achieves a new item from crafting or drops was amazing, I still remember the first raziell sword which was absolutely beautiful. Also, what's more interesting was the fact that people experimented on stuff. For instance, it was a fun(ny) to try to use claw of ecaflip to drain the AP from those tanuks in ghost islands when we had access to those. Heck, I also remember falling for the trap in the trool fair with the cages... Funny but cruel joke when you couldn't TP out.

It's the memories and the journey, not the new graphics, that made it worth it and which is why I think a lot of us oldies prefer the older style.

Anyways 1st post since 4 years, but gosh brings back memories from 14 years ago. But I'll keep watching 😄

Razielle (a.k.a Ds-sabin, the guy the sword was named after) is playing on Henual. 

I think Dofus 2.x after SO rework was the best version. SO made grinding so much faster. It was really quick and easy to farm, had a high level cap, and gave amazing exp. Main problem with early 2.x was the memory leaks though. I remember I had trouble running 8 on my laptop until they added that multi-account optimization and made some improvements.

I was really close to getting sucked into henual. The thought of grinding up those enus on something other than SO was a huge turnoff. I think doing thousands of dp souls only got them to like 177. Not sure how I'd prioritize getting them to 200 without SO (ghosts with panda + eni + 6 enus?).

I just checked the kama exchange on echo and it's only 600k per ogrine. I thought it was like 1.2kk last year. I was expecting it to go up to like 2kk (did mono server drastically reduce the demand for ogrines?). If it's that cheap, I'm kinda tempted to play it even though I know in my heart that it is a bad idea lol.

Edited by Archangel-xx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Playing on Fraktal. RIP my life.

Warriors... even more OP

On 1/2/2013 at 8:02 PM, Archangel-xx said:

I win Dofus.

yay.png

On 12/24/2012 at 0:57 AM, 'Mercutio said:

Indeed. As far as wonderful experiences go it ranks up there with trying to force a rusty nail into your pee-hole while coating your finger with chilli powder then violating your own anal passage with said finger repeatedly. Its unpleasant. Trust me I know ive done it often. That being said both scenarios offer mild enjoyment so im in.

JWs41BL.png
turq x82, emerald x16

Very excited about it, hope our community stick together!

Long live 1.29ish~! ❤️

SGP31vS.png

Hey,

will it be a real old INT/EN server like Rosal/Shika/Solar or like new 1.29 spammed by French pepople?

• Like 1

Yeah, everyone.

Full of baguettes and tacos I believe.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SGP31vS.png

br?

cd2f09e93c47ef2c29b2a825df503859.jpg

I cant wait to come back and play this game, im hoping some of my old friends are still around, i lurk this forum still from time to time and always see familiar names so thats nice as well. See yall in game soon 😁

hornstar_classic_thong.jpg?height=225&wiwe are actively recruiting new members!! we are located on Rushu

http://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/community/directories/guild-pages/4074400002-hornstars

take a look at our guild page, Feel free to pm Me the leader (Kissmy-Astrub) or any of the guilds Second in Commands for more info or invite

On 9/6/2019 at 6:10 AM, Horxy said:

Hey,

will it be a real old INT/EN server like Rosal/Shika/Solar or like new 1.29 spammed by French pepople?

Unfortunately there's only going to be 1 server as stated in this post. I wish they made one for FR and one for INT/EN but I doubt it will happen.

2LuxG3I.png   lul
HIxiSeq.pngPFx7bBx.png
N9LBJJk.png

As an old player i will give a try on this server too. Nostalgia is there @.@ 

Sohta

Edited by Trojan

I've thought about it, and I truly think the Dofus of today is a lot better than the Dofus of years passed.  There's been so many QoL improvements that it's hard to ignore.  I don't know if I can love old Dofus again, but I'll certainly try.  The issue for me is once you achieve everything, what's left?  What do you do.  I think it can only fail.  But, it will be fun for a time.  Once the nostalgia wanes it's gonna be tough for people to stick around.  The charm in Dofus is in the community and if it's not there it'll be a hollow experience. 

• Like 1
  • Palm 1

5 hours ago, Everhope said:

I've thought about it, and I truly think the Dofus of today is a lot better than the Dofus of years passed.  There's been so many QoL improvements that it's hard to ignore.  I don't know if I can love old Dofus again, but I'll certainly try.  The issue for me is once you achieve everything, what's left?  What do you do.  I think it can only fail.  But, it will be fun for a time.  Once the nostalgia wanes it's gonna be tough for people to stick around.  The charm in Dofus is in the community and if it's not there it'll be a hollow experience. 

I completely agree with you on that.

I'm not really enjoying 2.0, so I will give retro a chance, I'm more than positive, that it will last 2 months for me, but still, First days will be awesome and thrilling and for that I'm willing to pay and take days off from job. 

Playing with my friend (lan party) who I met on Dofus 12 years ago, drinking some whiskey and enjoying nostalgia. Good enough for me 🙂

Maybe it would be good for everyone to add their main Nick-Names, so there's better chance for us to make it together? 😋

On 8/28/2019 at 12:50 AM, EUPHORIA said:

If you wanna play on populated server go French community or Ilyzaelle, as Dofus is giving you a chance to transfer to it by sending them a ticket.

That made it sound like you can transfer to ily... If that's actually possible I'd jump on that train in a heartbeat, even if characters had to transfer naked.

As for this retro server. I might actually be intrigued now that I've seen there's actual changes from the old 1.29 server we've had for however-long.

Proud Leader of Rosemary

I  can't be bothered to be active enough on imps to care enough to update signature..

12 hours ago, Qcee said:

I completely agree with you on that.

I'm not really enjoying 2.0, so I will give retro a chance, I'm more than positive, that it will last 2 months for me, but still, First days will be awesome and thrilling and for that I'm willing to pay and take days off from job. 

Playing with my friend (lan party) who I met on Dofus 12 years ago, drinking some whiskey and enjoying nostalgia. Good enough for me 🙂

I've been reading through the 1.29 wiki all day.  It's like remembering an old friend. Realizing he was kind of an asshole and you mostly liked him cause he was the best you had at the time.  I love old Dofus but there are so many QoL improvements it's missing and it has a lot of design flaws.  I'll list a few:

How professions are handled is a disaster.  Total garbage.  They had absolutely no idea what they were doing.  Totally amateur compared to today's sleek product.  Nowadays, it all makes sense and you get more exp for crafting higher level items.  Which are now crafted based on your profession level and not the stupid slot system.  Remember when you were fishing and had a huge chance not to catch anything?  Remember the awful grind of lumberjack?  Remember the cancer that was mining?  When you had a failure rate for crafting stuff?  I think this is the worst part about classic dofus as all of the professions are terrible.  Except maybe farming.  That was comfy. 

The old pet system was terrible.  Taking care of multiple bow meows is a chore.  They lose health, they die, you have resurrection powders.  Eugh.  Nowadays they're impersonal equipment.  But, it's the price you pay for a superior system.

Critical failures are the worst thing ever implemented by Ankama.  The fact that they still exist in this version is an insult.  I hoped to never lay eyes upon them again.

Critical Hit calculation is stupid compared to today's flat percentages.

A lot of spells are useless.  Charming, but useless.  It really adds to the unique nature of each character.  But....

Resetting characteristics in 1.29 is dumb.  Freely resetting your characteristics and keeping scrolled points is one of the best things to happen to Dofus.

Spell points hitting the road was also a good exclusion.  It was an integral part of classic dofus and managing your points was super important.  But, it adds little value compared to today's system of spell upgrades.  There's also way more spells to choose from. 

A lot of the gear is terrible and many weapons have absurd equip costs.  Look at piwi sets.  One piece of piwi today gives more than an entire classic piwi set.  Speaking of gear, Ankama has done a wonderful job at streamlining gear progression.  Most gear has its uses and I have enjoyed buying gear as I've been leveling in today's dofus.

The UI makes my heart flutter but it's a bit of an eyesore.  Like an ugly rug that holds so many memories.

There will never be new classes.  There will never be new spells.  There will never be new monsters.  There will never be new dungeons.  There will never be new gear.  There will never be new items.  There will never be a KE.  Certain bugs will never be fixed.  There will be no additional balance changes which means certain reworks will never have happened.  You're stuck in time.  For better or for worse.

But i'll play it anyway.  Cause I remember that you had to work together back in the day.  Farming at the gobb corner, prespics, treechnids....  That's where dofus is fun.  Working together with one another to achieve something greater than what you could accomplish by yourself.  Managing your differences and overcoming setbacks.  Every level counted, every piece of gear mattered, your decisions were important.  Sure, Wabbit Castle with randoms is perhaps the most cancerous experience in an MMO.  But, there's something about it, isn't there?  There's just something about Dofus.

Edited by Everhope
  • Like 3

Yeah we like Dofus, not whatever 2.0 became. Certainly it isn't Dofus anymore. 

• Like 1

SGP31vS.png

9 hours ago, Piro said:

That made it sound like you can transfer to ily... If that's actually possible I'd jump on that train in a heartbeat, even if characters had to transfer naked.

As for this retro server. I might actually be intrigued now that I've seen there's actual changes from the old 1.29 server we've had for however-long.

You can also create a new account on dofus.com/fr . About kamas... do not worry, I am doing 1:1 rates Meriana vs Echo.

ab.jpg

ca.jpg

bvl.png

So will everyone be starting from scratch on 1.29 or will people be able to transfer their Eratz/Henual characters to this new server?

It won't be able. That's the funny part. Everyone starts from 0.

Edited by EUPHORIA
  • Like 1

ab.jpg

ca.jpg

bvl.png

So excited to play 1.x again with all the old farts from Rushu. 🙂

Considering there will be 5 different servers launched (instead of just one as announced previously), we should maybe pick one for the international community to play on?

See you next tuesday !

Edited by Lape-dal
  • Like 1

Hogmeiser.

SGP31vS.png

38 minutes ago, Lape-dal said:

Considering there will be 5 different servers launched (instead of just one as announced previously), we should maybe pick one for the international community to play on?

It looks like theyre releasing 5 servers at the start to balance the load and then eventually merging them all together, so I dont think it will really matter in the long run