• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Qcee

Dofus 1.29 new server?!

Hello guys,

I assume you might know more about this new Ankama project?

image.thumb.png.2a3f90abe42b549ddd84c45ca88e1b58.png

Hopefully this is no lies and server for 1.29 will actually be opened?!

• Like 1

Yeah, in a month or two, and Under the Edge will be there. 👌

It'll also be 1.30, Ankama is calling the game Dofus Retro from then.

Edited by Gravestorm
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Steam.png     Discord3.png

15 hours ago, Gravestorm said:

Yeah, in a month or two, and Under the Edge will be there. 👌

It'll also be 1.30, Ankama is calling the game Dofus Retro from then.

Is there any chance for you to give me some more information?

1.30 is like fanmade pack or what? I'm completely lost in French forums...

Honestly, I think this might bring a lot of old players back. Especially, if there's updates on platform itself (increased fps, less laggy, and many bugs fixed) 

This will definitely pump up some players, will see how it goes here. 

• Like 1

Old players must be brought back by fixing 2.0 problems, and making the game overall more appealing, not by splitting the already decreasing community.

But, hey, permanent problems require temporary solutions, right?

• Palm 1

If you wanna play on populated server go French community or Ilyzaelle, as Dofus is giving you a chance to transfer to it by sending them a ticket. Populating already dead server without Ankama's work is not gonna happen, so why not just go 1.3 and play on server that's actually not gonna be dead since no one wanna sacrifice their time to wait for a moment when Echo will become populate.

That server was populated only once, and it was when server merge happened. If I'm correct, that was May 2017 and lasted for a few months.

Edited by EUPHORIA

ab.jpg

ca.jpg

bvl.png

Is that not what I just said? Have Ankama work on 2.0 instead of just throwing people back in the past? Could've spent time and effort on populating the existing server, instead of whatever this shit is. Yes, I agree, without Ankama's work, nothing's gonna happen. This is a step in the wrong direction, and just splits the community even more.

Not that difficult - drop 1.x, advertise Dofus outside of France, hire a GM to do events. Takes a few minutes to get a Google AD rolling. Tons of competent players who could serve as a GM. What's bizarre to me that Ankama's seemingly given up on the English community without having done any advertisement or any events.

Side-note, what even happened to the GM role? Really that hard to find a player who could form events and spark some activity?

Edited by Abraham Van Helsing
  • Palm 1

Thing about old players is that they don't like non-stop char modifications, as well as forcing the game to be quested instead of playing it how you feel. But anyway, to alive the EN community requires some work from Ankama, which obviously is not their intention. So just go 1.3 and enjoy the fun where are no changes and maintenance's every week. I personally can't wait for 1.3 to open so I can gtfo from current version.

Edited by EUPHORIA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

ab.jpg

ca.jpg

bvl.png

Abraham, you are completely right, that should be the way Anakama should look, but hey, most of the people have already lost their appetites for 2.0, lost interest in Dofus itself. 

Same thing was for World Of Warcraft. Opened classic and it exploded. 

For me, typical consumer, I can't wait for 1.3 to open, right, maybe I wont play it for years and years, but if I love the 3-6 months I spent there , still a Win for me, because currently I see no point in playing 2.0. Nothing appealing there. 

And I still believe that 1.29 Gameplay was the best.  There was something for everyone, someone wanted to grind - hey, go ahead, want quests, you can do them. Want pvp, go for freacking headhunt and get rewarded, look cooler. KOL in my opinion, is no-where near as good as HeadHunt was. 

• Like 3

TLDR: I'm venting, not worth reading.

I started to write out an answer listing the countless ways 1.x is inferior, but quickly realized You're, in my opinion, simply dwelling in nostalgia. Randomly hearing the Pokemon theme song gets me nostalgic as fuck, despite it being a stupid sounding song with dumb lyrics.

I've no problems with players choosing to play 1.x. I've a problem with Ankama allowing for that to happen, and not advancing their own game, as well as correcting errors of the past, like removing alliances, coming up with a balanced headhunter system ('cause, sorry, the old one was fun when we were kids, but is completely unbalanced and wrong). Just grinds my gears that whoever's in charge of this clearly hasn't stepped outside of fuckin' Incarnam, and has no clue how the game is played, nor what kind of people play it. Every problem is met with a temporary solution.

Pains me to see such a loved game of ours be under such shitty management for all this time. No marketing, no knowledge about the game, nothing.

I'll never forget when a moderator, responsible for forwarding Beta bugs to the Devs, told me a bug I reported (Critting without a target doesn't trigger Turquoise's passive effect) is invalid, and that's how Turquoise is supposed to work - as in it's supposed to only trigger when Critting on a target.

That Turquoise Dofus effect has been in the game for years. Ask just about any Lv. 200 in all of Dofus, and they'd know how it works. Yet a moderator doesn't. A moderator

So fucking incompetent.

• Palm 1

VENT

So, I've read all your posts and figured I'd answer Abraham since you love me so much. Hey, you must! Considering how small our international 1.x community actually is, I take your posts personal. You direct your posts to me! I've split my post into different topics, so you can choose what to read, unless you want to read it all (hi bob).

YOU LOVE ME

Ok, I'll be serious. Please keep in mind that I started during Beta, 2005. I've played on Rushu, Jiva, Zatoishwan, Rosal, Solar, Henual, private server and soon - Retro. I will focus on Henual (1.29) though. Retro is just to power up my pal's (I know how to do). Henual is constant and will never change. The community on that server can and will never die. I am 100% sure and I mean it, 100% (inb4Ankamaclosesitdown). I can present you with at least 20 other guys and gal's who'd say the same. This is why we know. Simple, no?

The international community on 1.29 right now equals about 400 people. A whole lot, maybe 10o~ are from the FR communities and HISP OG 1.29. Most of us started between 2004 and 2007. The HISP community are generally a bit younger and "newer" to Dofus. Most often the most hardcore ones though. Many of them started in the launch of Eratz and Henual (2010'ish). A majority of us got our own teams. My self, I have three depending on situation. Lets say three fourths of us got their own teams. That's 2400 subscribed accounts only from the multi-accounters. We have tons of solo players too. Those generally do the best once they've shown us they'll actually stick around. In our guild, Under the Edge, we have about 90% of the international community and we operate on all servers. We will operate on Retro as well. Any other international guild forming wouldn't stand a chance against us (please, take it on - we beg you and appreciate the competition - fight us!).

We are Old
This is the main reason we play 1.x and not 2.x. We were around when it started and we enjoyed this version. This is the game we started playing and felt in love with it. Every single one of us. So calling it simple "nostalgia" - you fail just as bad as Ankama do. You have no idea what you are talking about here (you said it your self, it was your thoughts) so please let me fill you in. We avoid 2.x for several reasons. We don't appreciate the graphics, the overhauls, the constant updates, the music but to be fair; most of all - we don't appreciate the younger, demanding people. Apart from Illy, you can't compete with our community/ies (we are one on several servers). The average age is about 30 in our international 1.x community. Thanks to me and a few others, we raise that number.

We Know More

We are aware that we house people from all over the world (literally), with different experiences, different views, different everything - and this is exactly what makes us solid. We don't care what you are. We care about who you are and what you have to offer. On 2.x you might just as well go play on the newer French servers. What matters there is how strong you are and what you achieve in-game. Now, that is not much of a community spirit is it? We had the same lovely community spirit on Rushu and Rosal until about 2012 (this is basically when it all went downhill). We welcome people and present a solid game. Need to take a break for a year? Hey, welcome back dude/tte! When you come back, your items will be intact, your characters will be intact and the game will remain the same. Just pick up where you left and enjoy the people you come across. On 2.x you can't take a break for a month, you wont feel welcomed and you will see spam wherever you go.

We Pay for Quality

We want to play and enjoy the company. With us, you'll have that. We don't care about your character. We care about you (cheesy, I know). Even when we say we don't.
We tried for many years to get Ankamas attention on 2.x. I've been preaching about community spirit since I started playing. I have always managed to surround my self with quality such, so I know I'm correct. You'll have an impossible time convincing me otherwise, but please try if you want to waste our time. On the other hand - you know that I am correct and that I know what I speak about. I'm a bit grumpy at Ankama for not listening to us. This appeared clearly after Kaoly quit and one of her moderators (one of the best ever) took over the CM role. I would rather pay 8 accounts on 1.x for real money then pay 8 accounts for kamas on 2.x. I have done such for over a year now. Ankama doesn't appreciate me, but they sure appreciate my money. Lucky I found people worth paying them money for. People from all over the world with common sense. It makes an awesome ingame atmosphere.

Defensive

For the records. I'm successful in real life, just as in game. I'd say the same about every single one of our members but one (he doesn't deserve it). This game tend to attract very intelligent people. When Ankama learns this (which they will with Retro), I am positive things will turn around even for you on 2.0.
Oh yeah, as for Game Masters! 1.3 will... Wait, I have to go to the toilet, brb.

Edited by Youbutsu
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Just to clarify - if you prefer the music and graphics of 1.x over 2.x, and the average age of 1.x is a lot higher than 2.x, that means there's obviously nostalgia at play. By the way, hi Youb, Emil here, long time boi :^)

I've no problems with players choosing to play 1.x. I've a problem with Ankama allowing for that to happen

Not trying to bash anyone choosing to play 1.x. I'm saying it's an awful long term strategy to split up the community so much in a game that requires an active server to be relatively playable.

I've quit before, for several months, and never had problems picking up the game. You arguing 1.x is better only bases off the facts that you like it better. It's totally subjective. Whereas the facts that 2.x offers a lot more content, characters have insanely more versatility and the game in general has a lot more depth, are objective. 

No one's keeping you from building a friendly community on 2.x, you know. I'm sure you know I've played for quite a while myself. If you're against updates, overhauls, dislike the new music and graphics, once again, that is quite literally what nostalgia is all about, isn't it? Not choosing the newer versions of things, but instead choosing the old, outdated version because you grew up with it or it's what you discovered when you first met that specific thing. For example, the 'pokemon' example I gave earlier. You seen that new shit they've made? Some ice cream lookin' ass pokemon, that's not normal. There's a trash bin one as well, I shit you not. They look awful, I hate them. The first season's theme song was the best, those pokemon were the best and nothing will change my mind. If pokemon suddenly came out with the old style animation, same old theme song, new adventures, nostalgic af, would I watch it? Fuck yeah, I would. But that wouldn't be the optimal strategy 'cause just about everyone else isn't stuck in this nostalgic feeling, and enjoys the newer stuff. So, the company doesn't spend time on living in the past, despite the fact there would be a subset of people in their mid to late twenties who'd enjoy that.

Really, though, what keeps you from building such a friendly community on 2.x? It's just that you and your friends prefer the nostalgia of 1.x despite 99% of the players who'd rather play on 2.x. 

Again, I've nothing against players choosing to play 1.29. I just think it's bad for the future of the game from Ankama's POV. If anything nostalgic came out that I'd like to part-take, you best believe I'd do the same shit as you do - adore it and not give a fuck about anything else. 

Taken from merriam-webster:

Nostalgia: a wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition.

The fact that you're nostalgic is inarguable. The only argument I'm trying to forward is that Ankama shouldn't be splitting the community like this, and instead work on making 2.x better. 

Edited by Abraham Van Helsing
  • Like 1
  • Palm 1

48 minutes ago, Abraham Van Helsing said:

Just to clarify - if you prefer the music and graphics of 1.x over 2.x, and the average age of 1.x is a lot higher than 2.x, that means there's obviously nostalgia at play. By the way, hi Youb, Emil here, long time boi :^)

Not trying to bash anyone choosing to play 1.x. I'm saying it's an awful long term strategy to split up the community so much in a game that requires an active server to be relatively playable.

Hi Emil ^___^. Funny you're still around, haha. So I was correct, you do love me x).
No, I never chose 2.0. Actually none of us (1.x folks) did. Just as you say your self. We didn't ask for what Ankama did with the 2.0 update in 2010. In fact, we were against it from the very start. Blank with 240 individuals was cut in half member-wise. My friendslist grew smaller each day. So was the case for all the other 100's of thousands of players who quit since then. It's not Dofus. It's not nostalgia. I like the grind. I want to be able to "finish". I want to be able to finish all content and play whenever I want to. That long term strategy you talk about has been broken ever since they forced 2.0 on us. I never liked it and I got happy as hell when they let me go back and do what I do best. Grind. The community isn't "split" up. The community is gone. How many players do you know still playing since 1.29? How many did you know in 1.29 back in 2010?

I've quit before, for several months, and never had problems picking up the game. You arguing 1.x is better only bases off the facts that you like it better. It's totally subjective. Whereas the facts that 2.x offers a lot more content, characters have insanely more versatility and the game in general has a lot more depth, are objective. 

You didn't have any problems picking up the game, good. I found it absolutely disgusting having to re-learn how to play my classes. Or re-gear since they changed my main element spells. When I finished, it was time to go on another break, leaving what I originally started aside. Coming back again, I had to re-gear again. It's not what I want. My wife when they changed foggers and masqs (her only two characters) - they lost a customer right away. Made it less enjoyable for me as well. I dont argue 1.x is better. I argue it's better for us who play there. "Nostalgia" for 2½ years? Come on man. What kindoff an idiot do you take me for 🙂? 2.x offers a lot more content, but none that we want and none that we asked for. That was your likes. Sorry that you were wrong man. Objective I agree. That is why you do 2.x and I do 1.x. This is also the reason why I wont do 1.3 but stick on Henual 1.29. It's solid (I just wrote this?).

No one's keeping you from building a friendly community on 2.x, you know. I'm sure you know I've played for quite a while myself. If you're against updates, overhauls, dislike the new music and graphics, once again, that is quite literally what nostalgia is all about, isn't it? Not choosing the newer versions of things, but instead choosing the old, outdated version because you grew up with it or it's what you discovered when you first met that specific thing. For example, the 'pokemon' example I gave earlier. You seen that new shit they've made? Some ice cream lookin' ass pokemon, that's not normal. There's a trash bin one as well, I shit you not. They look awful, I hate them. The first season's theme song was the best, those pokemon were the best and nothing will change my mind. If pokemon suddenly came out with the old style animation, same old theme song, new adventures, nostalgic af, would I watch it? Fuck yeah, I would. But that wouldn't be the optimal strategy 'cause just about everyone else isn't stuck in this nostalgic feeling, and enjoys the newer stuff. So, the company doesn't spend time on living in the past, despite the fact there would be a subset of people in their mid to late twenties who'd enjoy that.

Ankama is keeping me from building a friendly community on 2.x. It works for a short while, but everyone quits. That is not the case on 1.x. No, again - it is not about nostalgia. If I play lets say, Spiderman on PS4. I don't want Spiderman to turn into Pokémon (which literally is Dofus 2.x). I don't think you know how old I am x)... I was older then you are today when I started Dofus in 2005. Would I watch a Dofus 2.x movie? Fuck no. Did I watch Wakfu on Netflix? No. Would I watch a dofus 1.x movie? no. I play to play, that's it.

Really, though, what keeps you from building such a friendly community on 2.x? It's just that you and your friends prefer the nostalgia of 1.x despite 99% of the players who'd rather play on 2.x. 

Again, I've nothing against players choosing to play 1.29. I just think it's bad for the future of the game from Ankama's POV. If anything nostalgic came out that I'd like to part-take, you best believe I'd do the same shit as you do - adore it and not give a fuck about anything else. 

Ankama keeps me from doing that, and so do you. I can take you as an example. I would never represent what you did, therefor I could never be in the same guild as you (even if I personally dig you). What you did is typical for the behavior I don't want around me and why other nice players quit. Change name and continue. Change name and pretend to be someone else. Change account or what-the-f¤"%-ever. I'd have someone in the guild I don't appreciate. You know I like you, but you also know what I feel about what you did. Between the 400ish players in our community I actually like every single one and I very rarely hear any complaints. You are welcomed to read through our logs if you don't believe me. Ankamas POV is changing. It took a really long time, but it's changing.

Taken from merriam-webster:

Nostalgia: a wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition.

The fact that you're nostalgic is inarguable. The only argument I'm trying to forward is that Ankama shouldn't be splitting the community like this, and instead work on making 2.x better. 

Taken from SAOL (Swedish Academic Wordlist):
Nostalgia: "A sad but enjoyable longing home or to something lost". For the records, our language is older then yours x). Quoting doesn't make it correct. Objective, no? ^___^
1.29 was never lost. It was taken from us against our will just as 2.x was forced on us. Fucking Pokémon, why would I play that? FFII fan here. That's why I liked Dofus the first place. No, it's not inarguable - it's just you not arguing that well. You won't win that discussion but it's nice that you side with Ankama afterall (it's exactly what they think as well) ^___^.
Even if they made 2.x better, we would still not play it.

Dofus 1.x and Dofus 2.x are completely different games. NOTHING is the same except some of the names on the classes. I can't actually think of a single thing that is the same in 1.x and 2.x. They're just completely different games. That has nothing to do with nostalgia. Maybe the first day you log on, but that disappears pretty fast. Can't exactly be nostalgia if you live it in the moment, can it?

Edited by Youbutsu
  • Like 2

It's not nostalgia for me.  I actually enjoy the gameplay 1.x offers.  Simple.  Casual.  Grindy.  Fun! 

I try to login to 2.0 every few months (I have a couple level 200s).  I typically go through the spell list and get overwhelmed pretty quickly.  All the "states" and the variants just put me off because it's confusing.  Maybe if I started as a level 1 again, it would make more sense.  Then I look at my gear and I'm in basically the top tier 1.x gear still.  No idea if it's still relevant or not and don't care enough to figure it out.

I actually liked 2.0 when it first came out.  It was basically 1.x, but re-skinned.  I was even OK with the frigost boss mechanics.  Then they added pebbles.  Then deflated drops by giving you plenty of rare drops via achievements.  Then they made spells do a bazillion damage just to have bigger numbers.  Game became so very different than the simple, casual, grindy game I loved to play.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Currently playing Eratz (1.29 version)

Looking forward to this new server 😄

• Like 3
  • Love 1

26.12.14 [01:57] from Muslim-Bombs: almost 2k achiev, dont give up

:angry: <_< :mellow: :wacko: :wacko: :unsure:

Tbh I would like to play retro just because I miss old osas so damn much, however I absolutely hate grinding. Everyone seems to be fine with running DP 300 times to try to drop a decent turq, but for me, something about that makes me want to shrivel up into a ball and light myself on fire.

The reason I enjoy 2.0 so much is mainly because of the achievement system, because it caters to my playstyle as a gamer. I miss 1.29 like crazy. I was just a kid when I started playing it back in 2006. Back then it was a social game for me; I spent the first 2 years dicking around in Incarnam with my brother and irl friends. I was never even brave enough to visit Astrub until I met Palindrome, but that's a whole other story lol. We used to have competitions to see who could get to the highest level by only fighting Chafers (My brother spent 100kk on a Gobball set and reached level 36 on a Sadida so he won xD) and I always lost because I hate grinding... Cannot stress that enough. I would love to play with y'all, but it's just not realistic for me. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ouest said:

Tbh I would like to play retro just because I miss old osas so damn much, however I absolutely hate grinding. Everyone seems to be fine with running DP 300 times to try to drop a decent turq, but for me, something about that makes me want to shrivel up into a ball and light myself on fire.

The reason I enjoy 2.0 so much is mainly because of the achievement system, because it caters to my playstyle as a gamer. I miss 1.29 like crazy. I was just a kid when I started playing it back in 2006. Back then it was a social game for me; I spent the first 2 years dicking around in Incarnam with my brother and irl friends. I was never even brave enough to visit Astrub until I met Palindrome, but that's a whole other story lol. We used to have competitions to see who could get to the highest level by only fighting Chafers (My brother spent 100kk on a Gobball set and reached level 36 on a Sadida so he won xD) and I always lost because I hate grinding... Cannot stress that enough. I would love to play with y'all, but it's just not realistic for me. 

Yeah, as we can see there multiple play styles for different people. Me, myself - I love grinding, Ok, it might get boring, but fuck me, not as boring as questing.. 😄

• Like 3

guys, it's okay, ankama has heard the demands of the playerbase and has added grinding to quests so that they can dissatisfy everyone equally

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

tumblr_maroc5i39P1rho4djo1_500.gif

ohhh shittt, any further timescale released about this?

21 minutes ago, Shinro said:

ohhh shittt, any further timescale released about this?

No, nothing I could find. Probably loads of information on french forums, but I'm lost there. 😄

I certainly hope the retro server gets a chance to take off. Something newer players might not appreciate, but in the beginning we didn't power level traditionally per-say but explored every bit of the world as we went. Every time someone achieves a new item from crafting or drops was amazing, I still remember the first raziell sword which was absolutely beautiful. Also, what's more interesting was the fact that people experimented on stuff. For instance, it was a fun(ny) to try to use claw of ecaflip to drain the AP from those tanuks in ghost islands when we had access to those. Heck, I also remember falling for the trap in the trool fair with the cages... Funny but cruel joke when you couldn't TP out.

It's the memories and the journey, not the new graphics, that made it worth it and which is why I think a lot of us oldies prefer the older style.

Anyways 1st post since 4 years, but gosh brings back memories from 14 years ago. But I'll keep watching 😄

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 11:40 AM, Youbutsu said:

In our guild, Under the Edge, we have about 90% of the international community and we operate on all servers. We will operate on Retro as well. Any other international guild forming wouldn't stand a chance against us (please, take it on - we beg you and appreciate the competition - fight us!).

90% of Henual population you mean? Which is small % of 1.29 players. 

• Palm 1

No, that's not what I mean and the ones not included doesn't really matter that much if we can't communicate, does it? You even failed to take it out of context...