• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Seri

Laziness gets you nowhere

I really regret wasting 4 years playing dofus, not trying to win any dofus. Now they must all be gained by quests and I hate it. Also, I hate that gelano is no longer dropped, the fun of the scramble for gelano at the coast with random people was fun.

Even if I don't need a gelano, why did they do that?

Also, frigost can suck an ass.

NO U.
~flw.gif~

I do miss the droppable gear aspect of this game ... I think that they received a large consensus to add back rare drops into the game and they're doing so with mixed success, but I don't know, I don't think it would hurt for low level gear to be droppable and for it to slowly phase out as your level increases. P:

• Like 3

tumblr_maroc5i39P1rho4djo1_500.gif

Theres always maging which is a relic of the old heavily RNG reliant 'gameplay' if you can even classify maging as gameplay. I feel like having uncertainty factors in games are highly frustrating though as all you can really say in response is "Well that was unfortunate" after a long day spent on any of those old tasks.

.. On the flop side there is always the option of Wakfu which I honestly wish I never spent 1 month grinding to level cap and getting legendary items, 1% drop for legendary item fragments and they were basically AP MP exo mage equivalents. Pretty sure you could drop just about anything in Wakfu though, my memory isn't too clear outside of farming up to 3 legendary items, getting to the Water Clock Tower balcony and then entering Enurado while it was 'new' content, it was fun mindlessly attacking mobs with masq and iop though.

Side note - 1.29 still exists I guess..?

Edited by Braklash
  • Like 1

sad boys

ss+(2018-08-09+at+01.35.27).jpg

Nice topic. Go play another game

• Haha 1

Hello

11 hours ago, Scour said:

I do miss the droppable gear aspect of this game ... I think that they received a large consensus to add back rare drops into the game and they're doing so with mixed success, but I don't know, I don't think it would hurt for low level gear to be droppable and for it to slowly phase out as your level increases. P:

I really like that idea but the way the game goes now it'll literally be, "Will take you on Dofus runs 70kk per fight". Also, people would spam create low level chars to farm the items. It's just my first memories of Dofus, expect an eni from Love guild introducing me to Tori Amos, was the gobball gear and adventure set maps where strangers just play together to get started. "Oh I already have this, do you want it?". Ah nostalgia, it's useless.

4 hours ago, Braklash said:

Theres always maging which is a relic of the old heavily RNG reliant 'gameplay' if you can even classify maging as gameplay. I feel like having uncertainty factors in games are highly frustrating though as all you can really say in response is "Well that was unfortunate" after a long day spent on any of those old tasks.

.. On the flop side there is always the option of Wakfu which I honestly wish I never spent 1 month grinding to level cap and getting legendary items, 1% drop for legendary item fragments and they were basically AP MP exo mage equivalents. Pretty sure you could drop just about anything in Wakfu though, my memory isn't too clear outside of farming up to 3 legendary items, getting to the Water Clock Tower balcony and then entering Enurado while it was 'new' content, it was fun mindlessly attacking mobs with masq and iop though.

Side note - 1.29 still exists I guess..?

I really tried to get into Wakfu mainly because it was so pretty, but I don't know why I can't get hooked into it. I tried to download 1.29 but my laptop won't have it so I'm going to try again once my subscription runs out.

I still liked the aspect of farming materials for gear (not that I ever did it... I would give my materials to my guildmates and just buy gear), all it'd really take is like 2-3 dungeon runs. I would feel tired spending all day for 1 item.

What I mainly regret is not taking Dofus farming seriously. I really hate frigost and the quests get tedious. I stopped reading anything NPCs are saying in 2008.

NO U.
~flw.gif~

I don't see why people would bother making a lower level character to farm gear that is useless to them? Sure you'll get the usual kama-farming bots hoarding hundreds if not thousands of the items but they won't have any value... Worst case they'd just have to set the items to linked to character so that newbies can get themselves reasonable gear which they can then use to farm higher level items for themselves.

In terms of dofus farming, there's rare cosmetic drops in their place now, which makes a lot more sense. You can now farm them should you wish to, but you don't HAVE to. When Dofus eggs were the rare drops, you'd have to spend an undeterminable amount of time farming a dungeon repeatedly to drop an egg, and even then may get one with shit stats, otherwise you'd have to farm other content for months on end to raise the kamas to buy an egg of your own. At least with Cosmetic items, they have no value to your set in terms of stats, they are 100% just for show so you don't need to farm them unless you want them. Also if you do get lucky and drop one, it's some extra money in your pocket if you wish to sell it (pretty useful to newbies in particular imo)

Should you wish, you could always spend the next few months trying to drop a Vulbis egg instead.... I've had overall fairly shit luck when it comes to egg drops (must be at least 600 Dragon Pig souls with 0 turq drop - of course, back when they were obtainable that way...). I did get lucky and drop a Crimson Dofus about 1-2 years before they made it obtainable through quests, which was only a shitty 27% power one....Best luck i had was almost 2 years ago dropping a Vulbis.

In terms of questing for eggs, you can farm most eggs within 2 weeks each, main exception being Ivory Dofus because of the pre-req's. They're now actually obtainable, so I don't see the issue with that. Also if you sort out the Six Over Six achievement and do infinite dreams, you can then also get yourself legendary equipment as well.

• Like 3

Мэякатоя: Level 200 Str Sram- Nidas: Level 200 Int Eni

Bworker: Level 200 Str/Int Iop -   Fraktal - Level 165 Stromni Xelol

Tanukoui-San: Level 200 Cha/Int Panda - Koolich: Level 200 Cha/int Enu

Toxoliath: Level 200 Str/Agi Sram - Daggero: Level 200 Omni Eca

On 5/27/2019 at 12:02 PM, Proxy-Error said:

I don't see why people would bother making a lower level character to farm gear that is useless to them? Sure you'll get the usual kama-farming bots hoarding hundreds if not thousands of the items but they won't have any value... Worst case they'd just have to set the items to linked to character so that newbies can get themselves reasonable gear which they can then use to farm higher level items for themselves.

In terms of dofus farming, there's rare cosmetic drops in their place now, which makes a lot more sense. You can now farm them should you wish to, but you don't HAVE to. When Dofus eggs were the rare drops, you'd have to spend an undeterminable amount of time farming a dungeon repeatedly to drop an egg, and even then may get one with shit stats, otherwise you'd have to farm other content for months on end to raise the kamas to buy an egg of your own. At least with Cosmetic items, they have no value to your set in terms of stats, they are 100% just for show so you don't need to farm them unless you want them. Also if you do get lucky and drop one, it's some extra money in your pocket if you wish to sell it (pretty useful to newbies in particular imo)

Should you wish, you could always spend the next few months trying to drop a Vulbis egg instead.... I've had overall fairly shit luck when it comes to egg drops (must be at least 600 Dragon Pig souls with 0 turq drop - of course, back when they were obtainable that way...). I did get lucky and drop a Crimson Dofus about 1-2 years before they made it obtainable through quests, which was only a shitty 27% power one....Best luck i had was almost 2 years ago dropping a Vulbis.

In terms of questing for eggs, you can farm most eggs within 2 weeks each, main exception being Ivory Dofus because of the pre-req's. They're now actually obtainable, so I don't see the issue with that. Also if you sort out the Six Over Six achievement and do infinite dreams, you can then also get yourself legendary equipment as well.

The quests bore me.

I'd rather do dungeon runs with randoms and guildmates for years.

NO U.
~flw.gif~

Why won't you just join mono server and farm with people? Community here is huge and there are low, medium and high levels. You can always do quests, drop resources or do any other stuffs.

" Life is about makin' mistakes.
It's also about tryna be great."

On 5/29/2019 at 8:03 PM, Khai said:

Why won't you just join mono server and farm with people? Community here is huge and there are low, medium and high levels. You can always do quests, drop resources or do any other stuffs.

What's mono server? Anyway, this is le madre de quivitar, place for complaining. My title is 'laziness gets you nowhere', I think it's been lost to some what I'm actually saying.

Which is.... I'm being lazy.

NO U.
~flw.gif~

3 hours ago, Seri said:

What's mono server? Anyway, this is le madre de quivitar, place for complaining. My title is 'laziness gets you nowhere', I think it's been lost to some what I'm actually saying.

Which is.... I'm being lazy.

Mono account server is a place where you can use only one character to play. You can't multilog like you could do on Echo for example. 

" Life is about makin' mistakes.
It's also about tryna be great."