• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Scour

Temporal Anomalies

"Travelers using the Zaap network have been falling victim to strange incidents. After investigation, it turns out they were experiencing temporal anomalies! They're invisible because they're located at the edges of reality… but their effects are indeed visible. Their presence is disturbing the creatures of the World of Twelve…

And let's not even talk about the other consequences, such as clocks that can no longer tell the time and Xelors suffering from headaches. The anomalies might even cause the Continuum – the very fabric of spacetime – to collapse! Where do they come from? That's a mystery we're trying to solve."

Xelor's Emissary

985962.jpg

WHAT ARE THE TEMPORAL ANOMALIES?

With Update 2.51, we're integrating a new game mechanic into DOFUS – one that will take you to the four corners of the world.

Just about everywhere in the World of Twelve, the Zaap network is buzzing and characters from another time are turning up in this era. The Watchers need all the world's adventurers to help them close these temporal anomalies.

The monsters around these faulty Zaaps will be stronger and harder-hitting, so it's up to you to go through the temporal anomalies to placate them.

You'll then be transported to known locations in the World of Twelve at different times in order to preserve the spacetime continuum. You'll have to show courage and solidarity to defeat the Chronomorphs, as well as previously unseen bosses from the history of the Krosmoz, such as Julith, the Butcher of Brakmar, Noximilian, and Dathura.

c78ff38ef746bee6cf51bb4e43d27648.png
103a5afd3d2b6ef39e5c2f1f37717b8a.png
ef6cefcbbfcb12c1ace8a1ce73c057eb.png

Many rewards await you, and the most worthy among you will have the opportunity to unlock new legendary powers for your pet, petsmount or mount.

SHOOTING STARS

We needed a player activity regulator and indicator in the various areas, so we worked off the existing star system, which will be modified for the occasion.

The star system was designed to reward players who fight monsters in rarely visited areas or dangerous groups ignored by other players. However, this system has its limitations, as it only takes one group of players to defeat the starred groups to wipe out the bonuses that had built up. You then have to wait several days to receive them again, even if players' activity is concentrated elsewhere. Ideally, it would be better if more players could take advantage of bonuses in neglected areas or on the least-advantageous maps in combat.

The first change is that negative "stars" can be generated. Unlike positive stars, they result in a decrease in experience and loot.

The second change is that these stars are no longer managed for each group of monsters, but in terms of area, depending on the activity of the players within it. The more monsters are killed in an area, the more stars it loses, and the more stars the areas of the same level gain. It works the same way between dungeons of the same level.
Here's a practical (as well as completely random) example:

• If all the server's players are concentrated in Korriander's Lair, the profitability of this dungeon will decrease, reaching -50% gain in experience and loot. (Note: Soul stones from this monster captured with this penalty will keep it when they are used.)
  • On the other hand, dungeons of the same level (Bworker, Ougaa, Toxoliath) will see their profitability increase (with a maximum of +100%).

Starting areas (Incarnam, Astrub) and events areas (Kwismas, Vulkania, Al Howin, Fleaster) aren't included in this system.

The value of the bonus or penalty applied to an area will be visible in the information on the current map (top left of the screen, next to the coordinates). On the world map, a new filter will allow you to view the positive and negative areas before deciding to go there.

WHAT'S THAT GOT TO DO WITH ANOMALIES?

Let's get back on topic – the anomalies. When and where they appear is directly related to the star system, since anomalies can only exist in areas with negative stars – if you've been following closely, you'll understand they're the areas where there's the most fighting. Anomalies don't appear in dungeons, though.

When an anomaly appears, the monsters in the area get an area modifier and become stronger. The only way to get them back to their normal state is to close the anomaly – in other words, by going and fighting the monsters populating it.

To enter the anomaly in question, simply go to the nearest Zaap. And if there's no Zaap in sight (e.g. in the Divine Dimensions), Zaap vestiges will have appeared that perform their function.

1a6c3aa5e68c04956506d730a7c5b63c.png

The position of the Zaap (or Zaap vestige) to take will be marked on the world map.

So, Boss Time?

Each anomaly will give you the opportunity to discover or rediscover a theme, era and character that made a mark on the universe we enjoy so much. This character will, therefore, be the guardian of the temporal anomaly.

Each of these guardians you meet will be accompanied by a new monster family: the Chronomorphs.

New monster families means different abilities, so each guardian will be accompanied by a random composition of Chronomorphs, which can adopt different elemental affinities and archetypes.

6d35cd14227c700c94c35c59d7090efe.png
b721d4e4e07ed8dcb984f04eb6c6b565.png
7ff59c8284f5e63ea899bb3eaeb44d41.png
d285b4ba3e7a17b278674a6b585e50d5.png

Clearly, there have to be ones for everyone and not just the Omega +12,000 levels, which is why anomaly monsters adapt to their area level.

All these different factors will make each temporal anomaly unique, both in terms of strategy and challenge.

Time and Time Again…

When a temporal anomaly appears, it has no time limit. However, once the group of monsters from the anomaly has been defeated, you'll only have 10 minutes before the anomaly closes. Rest assured, a timer will be displayed to remind you!

Also, don't panic for players who are in a fight; they can finish it before being extricated from the temporal anomaly. They will automatically be sent back to the Zaap linked to the anomaly that just closed.

As soon as there are no negative stars in the area, the temporal anomaly will close up on its own after 10 minutes.

WHAT YOU CAN WIN

New challenges means new rewards! This time, your pet and/or mount will be involved.

Each time you take part in closing a temporal anomaly, you'll have a chance to get a new resource called a time loop, which will allow you to unlock legendary powers that you can apply to your pet, petsmount or mount.

It should be noted that the chances of getting this resource increase with the level of the anomaly.

We'd prefer not to unveil these legendary powers right away, but we can give you an example: "If the bearer uses no MP during their turn, they gain 1 MP on the following turn."

This new single line of effect can, therefore, be added to existing bonuses.
You'll be able to replace it to get one that suits you better for the same pet, but at your own risk of losing an interesting bonus! These powers won't be hereditary when it comes to breeding.

In order to unlock these legendary powers, you'll need to complete a series of brand-new quests and a few extra challenges, but we're still keeping some things under wraps for now. 🙂

https://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/news/devblog/tickets/985970-temporal-anomalies

1 hour ago, Scour said:

The first change is that negative "stars" can be generated. Unlike positive stars, they result in a decrease in experience and loot.

This is the kind of unpopular design that makes them lose players. The rest of the stuff sound ok/interesting, but I don't get why do they feel the need to "balance" whatever good ideas they have with crappy ones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ElMatematico said:

This is the kind of unpopular design that makes them lose players. The rest of the stuff sound ok/interesting, but I don't get why do they feel the need to "balance" whatever good ideas they have with crappy ones.

I think they're really fed up with leeching as a whole - they've been implementing game changes to patch over issues related to it for a while now (no synergies on Domo idols, changes to Serpula spells, etc.) and I think they're trying to tackle the issue at its source now. If an area is getting incredibly spammed, it's probably by leechers. I'm going to wait to see how this plays out before making a judgment call, but at the moment I'm not immediately opposed. I'm all for Ankama trying to tackle a problem at a more systemic level instead of applying band-aids to festering wounds. 

• Like 1

They're not really nerfing leeching as much as nerfing everyone's xp and drops. Nerfing leeching would be to set a cap to idol, wisdom or pp bonuses. This is changing global xp and drops from a 100%-300% range to a 50%-200% range. Lower max and min, and in a way that a single player can't influence by itself. It's not "I'll rotate my activities to manage my bonuses" like with a previous anti farming measure, but "the server has ruined these zones, so I'll be forced to drop twice as long".

Just a simple example: Lots of people do the daily merkator quests, so it's one of the most populated level zones. It will be at 50% all the time, which means dropping toolboxes becomes more annoying (not only lower chance, also stronger mobs). Many of those players need the daily quests to subscribe with kamas and stay even or get a marginal profit.

• Like 3

Mm, you raise a fair point. I suppose an easy fix to that particular point would be to make negative stars not affect drops. P: I’m a little sad about the max star bonus falling from 200% to 100%, but it’s a new system. I can’t imagine they won’t receive massive feedback from the frenchies. xD

Edited by Scour

Updates are getting better and better. Personally, I'm all for the reduced XP and drop rate. It's gotten way out of control and people are just used to it. Right now if I need to collect a few uncommon quest drops, I slap on some idols and get them all in a mob or two, that's pretty ridiculous. Yes, they're lowering the average XP and Drop rate bonus which was needed for a long time. I'd argue quest drops shouldn't be affected by idols or any drop multipliers at all, in fact. And as for the mechanics of it, namely, dependant on the activity within the area - how is this not the best solution to leeching? It's about as perfect as it gets. If an area is so easy that you can grind it with leechers, well, I'm sorry, but you deserve the XP and drop malus.

• Like 1

This is completely fine, leeching won't die, it will be either slower depends how much negative stars gonna affect the xp or it will get back to normal -> for example 4 hitters 4 leechers in other areas than xelo/korri

I agree with others that Leeching, and crazy xp/loot bonuses are out of control. But I feel like the solution could be much simpler.

Instead of having big bonuses and then negative bonuses... why not just make the big bonuses smaller in the first place? Like others have said, I think there are much better ways to solve leeching problems. This will just make things more complicated than they need to be.

Also second note, why are they adding these legendary pet foods to this system... can any of you remember a system they recently put in the game that you can farm legendary items from but most of the player base doesn't even touch? Yes, Infinite dungeons! Why not add these legendary pet foods there? I loved that system when it first came out but it came boring and repetitive too fast, and unless you need the legendary items there is no point in grinding there.

Edited by Azaknami

I like the idea of nerfing popular leeching areas. They could push it even further and finally remove exp gained dependence on wisdom character has. Most characters are useless with full wis build, so this shouldn't be an option (there are exceptions like full mp red enutrof or reducting feca, but those two not full wis will still work). This wouldn't stop leeching, but it would make leeching endlessly boring and maybe would encourage people to put on sets for their 100s when other 7chars are 200s and actually do something with this 100lvl "leecher" in bwork set, couse bwork set or naked char, still'd get same amount of XP, therefore small but free dmg would be nice. This could maybe resurrect economy issues of items <190level. (I'm saying this being person with multiple 200s and leeching another characters from time to time. Yes, I find it stupid, but there is no better option. If in-fight involvement worked as it should after changes and would be more efficient than leeching on full wis, I'd be glad to put on jellix set on 60, ancestral on 114 and moowolf on 143lvl to do something with the char I want to level up in fight).

Same for prospecting, but this is even more ridiculous for me; any characteristics besides Vit give some bonus to character either outside of battle or inside battle bonus, but not in dmg output. Wisdom gives XP bonus and AP/MP red/res, Strength gives pods, Chance gives flitzpunkten, agility gives dodge/lock and intelligence gives heals bonus. How can be pods bonus from strength compared to better drop rates? Now when comes to dropping quest stuff my str/int/agi iop having  108pp struggles with 1 out of 100needed stuff, when in same time Enu being chance/wis could have 200 if he didn't need only 100. It's annoying. Maybe even making only quest items same drop rate not depending on pp would make it more acceptable.

If prospecting was separated from chance stat it would be much better. Maybe even prospecting on items would metter then.

• Like 1
  • Palm 1
  • Love 1

Love these ideas, leeching is certainly a problem in this game and it needs to be corrected.

The star system in my opinion though has too many faults and with the proposed changes I can already see 

two teams of 4 controlling it very easily. On the other hand single players will be left to their own devices.

I do think Monology summed up the issues well with wisdom and prospecting.

Right now wisdom and pp sets offer no damage and only cater to leeching.

If wisdom and prospecting were to be redone entirely, wisdom and pp should not be required to get xp or drops.

Instead the challenges could be made more intuitive. Instead of getting random challenges that most times cannot be done,

it could be revamped giving a good variety of challenges for each class and team composition while being...well a challenge.

My biggest issue currently with these proposed changes is the effect it will have on markets. 

For example you need a drop near a zaap or in a zone with one.

The negative percent can be a real problem if you need to farm a certain resource in that area.

While this could be good for markets and create demand I get the feeling this system puts too much control in the hands of those who will just want to profit out of it excessively. I say this having a team of 4 myself so I'm trying to be unbiased here.

As for the pets and petsmounts bonuses, I think its unnecessary for now. Will make it way harder to balance in combination with the infinite dungeons gear in my opinion. Already seeing a lot of classes with the right infinite gear reach legend rank because the gear+the class is too op. Some things just complement too well. They need to be wary of this issue. Personally eggs should be the only thing with these special effects. Since the infinite gear has been added, its just added onto the imbalance and I hope they fix it. Sorry for the novel.  :3

• Like 2

I can't add much to the topic of leeching coming from the Epic Server where it is all but non-existent. However on this server the removal of stars is a HUGE nerf.

Since the server is generally pretty unpopulated, most mobs are usually at full 10 stars in an unpopular area, or at least a few stars for the more popular areas. The lack of stars just sets everything back to 100% exp and loot.

I sincerely doubt there is enough activity on this server to weight any area enough where it would gain (or lose exp), and in the last week and a half I have only ever seen it at 0% inc/dec (no change).

The system may work out well for merged official servers, but for unique servers like Epic or Heroic, it does not make any sense.