• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Tezar

Dofus client crashing

can anyone care to explain why the fuck dofus crashes every 2-3minutes, many players i play with also have started to experience the same thing recently

any help/recommendation is much appreciated as i'm starting to crash so much my friends are beginning to call me Crashzar which hurts my feels.

over and out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

omg crashzar dat u xddddddddddddddddddddddd

• Haha 4

oh u mean its not normal the client just freezes and crashes every couple of hours? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

i thought it was a feature when i end a fight my client just stops responding 

or when switching chars it just says " not enough memory " and forces a complete restart 🙂 

but real talk this crap has  been going on for over a year and it makes me want to commit sudoku

im lucky it only does it every 3-4 hours but some of my friends have their clients just freeze/stop responding every 30 minutes 

but i guess making pet boxes to yoink our xmas money is a more pressing matter :') 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Astrology said:

oh u mean its not normal the client just freezes and crashes every couple of hours? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

i thought it was a feature when i end a fight my client just stops responding 

or when switching chars it just says " not enough memory " and forces a complete restart 🙂 

but real talk this crap has  been going on for over a year and it makes me want to commit sudoku

im lucky it only does it every 3-4 hours but some of my friends have their clients just freeze/stop responding every 30 minutes 

but i guess making pet boxes to yoink our xmas money is a more pressing matter :') 

mfw running 8 loot dungeons and atleast one of my characters clients crashes per fight and i have to put my 3 brain cells to work, to figure out which username and password is which character only to get it wrong and then disconnect one of my other characters and then i have 2 characters offline which i dont know the user/pass too which then turns into 4 characters offline which then results to me throwing my pc out the window

SHIT GAME, PERIOD.

• Like 2
  • Palm 1

1 minute ago, Tezar said:

mfw running 8 loot dungeons and atleast one of my characters clients crashes per fight and i have to put my 3 brain cells to work, to figure out which username and password is which character only to get it wrong and then disconnect one of my other characters and then i have 2 characters offline which i dont know the user/pass too which then turns into 4 characters offline which then results to me throwing my pc out the window

SHIT GAME, PERIOD.

NOOB PLAY 1 CHAR IZI SOLO

• Palm 1

When you say crash, what exactly do you mean? Does the client stop responding, does the account show the sand clock thing in the top right or what is the case? 

20 minutes ago, Mitsue said:

NOOB PLAY 1 CHAR IZI SOLO

ok can i play mitsue

Just now, Abraham Van Helsing said:

When you say crash, what exactly do you mean? Does the client stop responding, does the account show the sand clock thing in the top right or what is the case? 

page becomes unresponsive, page whitens and my cursor becomes a loading circle then the page will automatically close

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Have you tried forcing the CPU to render shit instead of the GPU? The option can be found under Features IIRC, your "Force CPU rendering" box should be checked. This is regardless of how powerful your GPU is.

EDIT: If this still doesn't help solve the case completely, restart your clients every now and then. This should fix the constant crashes, but RAM can still crash your shit if you've been on your accounts for a while. Shouldn't happen more than once or twice a day if you're playing on anything above 3Ghz and 8 Gigs of RAM. 

Also, weird thing I've noticed, maybe it's placebo, but if you reconnect your team during a fight, even against a Piwi, the gameplay during some 8 loot fights might not feel as choppy as it usually feels.

Edited by Abraham Van Helsing

Have this same issue and re-logging does not fix it. Sometimes it takes a couple of hours to freeze and crash, sometimes it happens in 5 minutes after logging in. Render to CPU also does not improve it, and it's all crap fest anyway. Sepuku/harakiri is the only solution

• Haha 4