• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Animuffin

Bring Sarah (Wink-Wink) home

Rob

This topic was locked at the request of the OP. Any further updates will be added by myself on Amber's behalf - Rob.

Message added by Rob

Sarah Papenheim, who many of you know as Wink-Wink on Dofus, passed on Wednesday at the hands of her roommate. Sarah was a bright, kind, thoughtful, beautiful soul who touched the lives of so many people including those in our community here. Her family wants to bring her home but they are unable to afford the cost of the transportation, which is estimated to be around 40,000 USD. Sarah has been a member of our community for over a decade and she has become more than a friend to so many of us. Those who knew her know of her unwavering dedication to her family and friends. She has helped her Dofus family through trauma and heartache countless times, a pillar of love and support for so many in our community. 

After her brother’s suicide, Sarah tried to find understanding. Instead of letting the pain consume her, she perservered and moved to the Netherlands to attend a prestigious University to study Psychology so she could better empathize with others suffering from mental illness and be better prepared to help them. Sarah feared for her safety living with an unstable roommate/friend significantly in the week leading up to the episode, and her mother pleaded with her to leave. Sarah refused because she wanted to help him, as she has helped so many others. Sarah was a bright light in this world. She deserves to be laid to rest surrounded by her loved ones. Let’s help bring Sarah home to her family. Anything helps, thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/bring-sarah-home-to-her-family

A12F1EAB-041A-4670-A638-C7A3707DE015.png

image.png

I’ll try to post updates here frequently.

Update 1: Sarah’s boyfriend, Nico, is our main point of contact and will be helping us add her mother as the beneficiary. Her mother and stepfather will arrive in NL Saturday. The family has received a new inclusive estimate of transportation and funeral costs at $40,000. In total, the US/Dofus/NL funds have reached roughly $30,000. 

From Sarah’s friend: “Hi everyone. Thank you so much for your generosity to Sarah’s family. Her parents are heading overseas today. There have been some questions about costs etc. The goal on this fundraiser is just an estimate of travel costs, funeral costs, burial etc. Of course we don’t know what costs might be covered by insurance yet but rest assured the family will need the funds. Donee is out of work right now with a broken shoulder and her husband will be missing work as well.  Your donations are going toward helping a family have peace of mind about finances so they can focus on healing from the loss of Sarah.  Again thank you so much.”

Update 2: Some of Sarah’s friends in/near the Netherlands are arranging a meetup to remember and celebrate her life. If you are interested in being added to the WhatsApp  group, the link is https://chat.whatsapp.com/Jgboq7QHecnHd1lq1Ahpp1 

If you are willing to help with arrangements, please contact the organizer, Tim de Kant. 

Update 3: We are currently at $57,000. Thank you for your thoughts and generosity. Sarah's killer made his first court appearance Friday and remains in custody.

Final update: Donee Odegard, Sarah’s mother, has been added as the GoFundMe campaign’s beneficiary and is now in direct control of the funds. Arrangements for Sarah’s transportation are in place. In addition to your donations allowing her mother time to grieve without financial worry, your kind words have also been passed on to Sarah’s family and community back home. We hope this can help paint a picture of how far and how expansive Sarah’s light had spread. 

Sarah, you are loved and deeply missed. Thank you for sharing your happiness with us. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

This is so sad, RIP

• Like 3

may her soul rest in peace.. sad to hear someone as sweet as her die like that 😞 

• Like 3

Rip Sarah god bless her parents 😕

• Like 2

rest in peace sarah 😢 god bless her and her family

• Like 3

RIP

Please help her family if you are able to.

• Like 3

Rest in peace, my friend. You won't be forgotten.

• Like 3

Rest in Peace. 

• Like 3

Rest in peace Sarah, you will be missed

• Like 3

Rest in peace

• Like 2

This is such an incredibly tragic thing to hear from within our community, I know we are all devastated by the news here and I simply cannot imagine what it's like for her friends and family. The interactions I had with Sarah showed her amazing, kind, bubbly personality and that's something that will not be forgotten in a very long time. It's truly heartwarming to see the Dofus community pull together under these circumstances. I pray that Sarah can find peace at home with those that love her soon.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Damn this is hard to process. Such a happy and positive person will be missed. My thoughts are with her close friends and family.

• Like 3

F

But seriously, while I don’t know her personally and have never interacted with her in the game or in real life I can only wish so that she can rest in peace. It’s quite hard to imagine that a very normal person living in a relatively peaceful time just like me or everyone else can be suddenly murdered like that. It’s kind of worrying that literally any of us could have been in her shoes. I hope nobody shares the same fate, even those who I might dislike or have disliked in the past.

RIP

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This is so sad Rest In Peace. 

• Like 2

Hi guys, former Dofus player here.

Heard the news this morning and can’t believe this kind of thing happened to one of Dofus community’s own player. Although I never met Sarah, many friends of mine actually knew Sarah and are mourning for her loss. This feels personal either way because I have lost close people, one in particular who was a talented musician just like I keep hearing Sarah was, and this person I knew was shot by a guy she was close with backstage in one of her performances, all because of some mental illness that said it was okay for them to both doe together. I really hope mental illness(which I’m asssuming the murderer had), gets taken more seriously in this country. May she rest in paradise and may her family and friends get through these tough times. RIP Sarah.

• Like 5

Sarah’s nickname on dofus growing up was “cc” after her iop Casper-Cutie. We both started out on Rosal as 11/12 year olds and we spent all day everyday together at -10,24 talking about life. The little things. Transitioning into new schools. First crushes. Staying up past bedtime texting because we were so fascinated by our first cell phones. She wanted to be an astronaut back then. 

A few weeks before this happened, Sarah talked about how she didn’t feel like people were proud of her diligence and her accomplishments. Sarah had to go through the pain of her brothers suicide. She tried to make sense of it but never could. She never let the pain consume her. The pain inspired her to study Psychology, and she empathized with so many members of our community who were dealing with poor mental health, staying up all night to talk to friends, acquaintances, even strangers who were experiencing suicidal thoughts. She started living on her own and providing for herself at such a young age. She had to grow up so fast. She dealt with much more than most do in a lifetime. She wanted so badly to help people, even when she felt her safety was in jeopardy. Sarah was so selfless. 

Sarah was so hardworking, but her accomplishments stretch far beyond work and school. She enjoyed life to the fullest. She traveled every chance she could, went on adventures, she fell in love with making music again and again. She loved meeting people and connecting people. She had a talent for befriending those who needed a friend the most. She left behind so much love, and so many lessons. Be patient. Be forgiving. Show love. Help others stand tall. Transform pain into something beautiful. Take risks, enjoy life, and never look back.

Cc, we are so fucking proud of you. 

• Like 17

Its never nice to hear anything related to death.. especially when its someone that you know or acquainted in any way... I never knew wink-wink a whole lot but i knew her enough to have fun talks during the late nights/early mornings when I saw her in-game... Its a complete and utter tragedy to hear this and it really does kill a person inside knowing that someone you knew even in the smallest way can affect you a lot.. Really makes me think that i wished that i had met more people during my travels in europe that i have met online.. Rest in Peace my friend.. Honestly hope that you will have more soothing life on the otherside

• Like 2