• Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Mercutio

Laptop for multi

My laptop has seen better days, now accidentally cracked the screen. Rather than repair im thinking maybe invest in a new one. Im curious though, what kind of specs would be good for running say 4 accounts smoothly, maybe even more depending. Any suggestions on ones to get too?

Cheers for any help and guidance 

It's not so much dependent on the specs, there's more to it that even I don't know. From my experience it's almost borderline random. You should be shooting for a powerful CPU generally, but a crappier i5 could do a better job than some of the best i7's sometimes. I personally have a laptop with an i5 quad-core, overclocked to 3.3Ghz and GTX 1050ti with 8GB Ram. I play on the lowest settings/no spell animations due to that being the most efficient way of playing a team and I've had like, I think, 17-ish clients open at the same time once while still playable. While running 4 with those settings, lag is absolutely non-existent and you can do your turns in literally a second. I've ran 8 clients with non-monster mode and medium flash quality, it slowed down my gameplay but I wouldn't call it lagging. Just loading maps and shit, really. I personally always play in creature mode and lowest settings. If you decide to play on low settings and get a decent Quad-core I5 with 2.5Ghz+ and a gtx 1050-ish GPU, 8GB Ram, you'll run 4 accounts like it's minesweeper.

Edited by Abraham Van Helsing
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Abraham Van Helsing said:

...and I've had like, I think, 17-ish clients open at the same time once while still playable. 

nice haven 🅱️ag xdddddddddd

• Haha 1

I am using lenovo y50-70, i7-4720HQ(2,6 ghz base but mostly runing at ~3,4), gtx 960m, 16GB ram and samsung 850 evo as ssd, performance in dofus is trash, its unplayable on 4 accs not even mentioning trying to play on 6 or 8( i was doing bethel zombie yesterday and it is unplayable). Idk if ankama fucked up something just as usual(because i was farming solar/bethel on score 8 loot few months ago without any problems on same laptop) 

Usage while standing somewhere in bonta/brakmar(7accs)

image.thumb.png.3d973afb84cab6b898c1f05b204a7204.png 

Just grab a laptop with good specs in general. Don't just shop around Dofus. These days, if you shop around enough, you can get a powerful laptop for a fair price.

• Like 1

If there is one thing everyone knows about dofus - does not matter how good your PC is, it can still lag like shit, for reasons unknown.

3 hours ago, Woof-Zwei said:

I am using lenovo y50-70, i7-4720HQ(2,6 ghz base but mostly runing at ~3,4), gtx 960m, 16GB ram and samsung 850 evo as ssd, performance in dofus is trash, its unplayable on 4 accs not even mentioning trying to play on 6 or 8( i was doing bethel zombie yesterday and it is unplayable). Idk if ankama fucked up something just as usual(because i was farming solar/bethel on score 8 loot few months ago without any problems on same laptop) 

kurwa

You should get a minimum of 8GB RAM, any SSD and a mid-range i5 to run a minimum of 4 accounts smoothly. Having a good GPU doesn't matter at all, onboard is fine for dofus, although if you plan on playing other games a decent GPU is very important for *most* games. You can check laptop CPU benchmarks here and GPU benchmarks here.

Just check benchmarks, find the top 10 or so laptops within your budget that have the best specs and choose the one with the best build quality by checking reviews (if you have to pay a little extra for better build quality I would personally do it). You'll get lag after you've been playing for a long time due to memory leaks and that applies to any hardware, as a great man once said "Clear your cache." - Sato.

Edited by ЯeveЯt
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Woof-Zwei said:

Must be the Chinese malware that comes with your laptop.

1 hour ago, ЯeveЯt said:

Must be the Chinese malware that comes with your laptop.

huh?

12 hours ago, Woof-Zwei said:

huh?

Think hes saying Sum Ting Wong....

Cheers for the replies and advice guys 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, ЯeveЯt said:

Having a good GPU doesn't matter at all, onboard is fine for dofus

Dofus can actually make use of the GPU now to reduce load of the CPU 

Thanks for clearing that up. When did that happen? Is it efficient? I'd still say my advice is correct/the minimum specs for smooth play on 4 accounts. A dGPU on top of those specs with lets say say a 30% reduction in CPU price is a lot more expensive than just getting a mid range i5 with an iGPU so I'd say onboard is definitely fine and the laptops that have a dGPU will almost certainly have a good enough CPU for CPU play anyway. 

I would like to stress that whenever you inevitably get bored of dofus, if you want to play other games and not have a hard time with what you can play you'll definitely want a dedicated GPU Merc.

Edited by ЯeveЯt
other games

19 hours ago, Woof-Zwei said:

huh?

Many a true word is spoken in jest. It was a joke see here, Lenovo preinstalled spyware onto many of their laptops, it's not worth worrying about... most popular hardware has built in backdoors anyway and no one really cares about your devices. Lenovo make decent products and have great build quality.

2 hours ago, ЯeveЯt said:

Many a true word is spoken in jest. It was a joke see here, Lenovo preinstalled spyware onto many of their laptops, it's not worth worrying about... most popular hardware has built in backdoors anyway and no one really cares about your devices. Lenovo make decent products and have great build quality.

I did a clear windows installation pretty much right after buying that laptop( there was useless shit i couldnt uninstall normal way), about lenovo products.. hmm they have a good ratio of performance/price, but i definietly won't say they have great builld quality...

52 minutes ago, Woof-Zwei said:

I did a clear windows installation pretty much right after buying that laptop( there was useless shit i couldnt uninstall normal way), about lenovo products.. hmm they have a good ratio of performance/price, but i definietly won't say they have great builld quality...

Many of their models are known for having great build quality in their higher end models, particularly the ThinkPad T/X series are built like tanks but I'll admit that I don't know as much about the newer models or lower models, they're definitely in the higher end of laptop build quality vs other brands though. Lenovo have always had some QC issues on a few models mind you.

In terms of build quality I'd say Dell XPS and dare I say it Macbookwhatever are prime contenders for the best build quality while being a decent product, outside of some funky enterprise laptops. I don't think you can beat Apple though unfortunately. 😩 

Edited by ЯeveЯt

I can assure you no computer in this world will handle this broken game engine efficiently. You'll be prone to lags/hiccups/stutters/whateveryoucallthem after you hit around 900MB ram usage per client. The game doesn't flush any of the memory you've loaded in during the session so you will have to restart the game clients even on a NASA PC after prolonged use.

Also you probably shouldn't get a Mac, unless you are still saddened by Billy passing away.

Some good feedback, does worry me dofus is still in such a way with the memory leaks... I'll have a look around and see what i can find cheers folks