• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Hello homos and girls, i have been maging quite a lot in last 2 years, in last few months i have noticed that its way harder to stick ap mp exo or back on the item after exoing for example %res.  I have talked to few more maguses and they feel the same. Is it just feeling or did they change chances of high sink runes landing? 

• Like 1

I've been magging an AP Tritun ring for past 4 days. So far I'm on 250ish tries, which is super unlucky. I honestly feel the same way, but again it's just 1% chance of landing an exo on certain item so maybe you're just as unlucky as I am.

Edited by EUPHORIA

I feel the same, I stopped on my MP Tritun ring on 1158 tries. Have prev landed an AP one in 1074 tries.

I was pretty unlucky with casual ap/mp exos but when it comes to putting back mp/ap on item that has like 3%/100vita and such overmage it fails like 3 times in a row every time i want to put it back on, i just have the feeling that it's not the same anymore, feels like they changed something without telling us. 😄

Done 5 exos this past week. On average they took about 80 tries each. If the percentage success is still at 1%, probabilistically speaking,  failing more than  600 attempts has almost 0% chance of happening.

@Oxisius Sorry but you are wrong 

you are falling directly into the Gambler's Fallacy

Of cause it is possible to fail 600 times. 

• Like 1

Let us consider each exo attempt as an independent trial with a probability of 0.01

Therefore probability of failure = 0.99

Let number of attempts 'n' = 600

Probability of failing 600 attempts = (0.99) ^ 600 = 0.002, and is asymptotically equal to 0 when 'n' increases.

Where did you even get the idea that I was suffering from gambler's fallacy? It doesn't even apply here.

I never said it was impossible, I said the probability is almost 0, which means that in case it happens, the exomagus falls under the very unlucky probability bucket of <0.002

Edit: Realized you probably thought I was thinking that just cos someone failed so many times increases his odds of succeeding. Give me some credit lmao..

Edited by Oxisius
  • Like 1

I made an AP "Ambuckler" three weeks ago (~20try) and a AP "Seven Years of Bad Luck"  (~112try) last week.

Im not under the impression that anything got worse.

(not even while regular maging, maged 3 parts Rhineetle, full Atcham and a Belt of the Unspeakable recently...)

My friend maged me something like 2 days ago an Asse shield +MP, he managed to mage it exo 1%res and also the MP ofc. 10 tries.

I myself did recently as you my buddy Veis know 2 exos with quite a low number of attempts.

That same friend of mine from the Asse shield just failed over 350 range attempts on a sword.

A few months back I failed 230 mp attempts on a fookin Lavaring.

It still looks totally random to me based on the events I've mentioned above.

Btw I have been exoing in beta in the last few days and odds have been varying from 1 to max 60 attempts for successes, and for failures sticking to 150+.

Regarding the put back on of AP/MP/Range after using the sink to exo some stats, based on my 4-5 mages falling under this category, I saw a change compared to a few years ago towards it being harder, but not necessarily in the last months, either way I guess 4-5 mages do not constitute a sufficient sample for an unbiased opinion.

That said I would NOT be surprised at all if Ankama made such a change without letting it known publicly. Such "adjustments" have been made over the years (this game exists from 2004 bois) and I don't remember it ever being announced.

Edited by TheLuMMo

Apologies @Oxisius but technically it is never 0% 😉 

Yes the very very unlucky buckets happen, never give up on exo it will land eventually you just never know when. 

Tenacity is key.