• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
VcentG

How long does Dofus have left?

Yeah Dofus isn't dying, it's already dead l0l.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

cd2f09e93c47ef2c29b2a825df503859.jpg

If it's any indication, the dofus community in jeuxonline is dead (for people saying that this is just an international phenomenon). They don't even have a thread for the current beta. Dofus will probably continue to exist just like there's still runescape, maplestory or whatever, but it's past its peak.

El-Matematico 200 agi osa

El-Psicologo 200 str/cha zobal

El-Cronologo 200 cha xelor
El-Geologo 200 int sadi
- Rubilax -

Really sad to hear the game is in decline.  I haven't played in a long time but I like to check in occasionally.  I see they are doing overhauls again of Osas and Sacs, but I wasn't even familiar with the changes before those, way too hard to keep up. 

I enjoyed a few different eras of the game, first played around 2006, 2007.  I really preferred the old art style, but in many ways they improved the game since then.  I was expecting them to ditch Adobe air and go with something with a future, but it looks like that's reserved for their next game.  

For good or bad, multi accounting has always been part of the game and it seems like the devs tried to ignore it.  if they had "legitimized" it by allowing you to natively control at least a few characters but restricted running a full 8, it might have helped. 

I still have the turq I dropped from DP back in the day, it was only an 11.  I was actually very glad they put in questing for dofuses, but I think they could have still allowed sub par ones to drop.  I thought about playing the 1.29 servers, but I really liked a lot of what came after.  

The luck part (dropping turqs or crimsons) and the grindy part (farming crackler for diamonds) together with massive stormclouding (or using CC weaps in general) with the old critical hit animation and the neccesarity to combine your gear around 1/2 crits was the dofus i used to love. They killed it, sadly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Eniripsa Winged-one Pandawa Hubabuba Enutrof  Uncommon Rogue Cra Maiklnait
~*All professions 200*~

I wonder how a good marketing team could change this. Or, it's rather a question of whether or not Ankama would be interested in that. The tight community aspect of the game has clearly fallen apart completely and no new blood is being brought into the game. If my memory serves right, even servers like Solar had more forum activity than Echo does now despite Solar having a lot less players than Echo does now. 

I remember, during one of the dungeon rushers, I believe Count Harebourg, I saw .. seemingly tens of teams I had never heard of before, all taking up the dungeon rusher event. Having completed it, I never saw them again. Seems like many of the players turn up for very rare events and then bounce. Simply because the community isn't as active and fun to interact with. More community activities and events, as well as a solid marketing budget could still do wonders to the game, I reckon.

Honestly I don't think a marketing team can do much about it. It's just extremely difficult with the playerbase they have to attract enough new players to make low and mid level content relevant again. You can see in the updates the last couple of years that 95% of development is done towards end game content. New people try to grind or leech to 200 to compete, losing interest along the way. Very few play the game as it was probably meant to be. 

Another thing is the fact that many of the people that used to play during the "golden age" of Dofus simply got old, and quit for an array of reasons, most of them being boredom and real life stuff. 

37 minutes ago, Abraham Van Helsing said:

I remember, during one of the dungeon rushers, I believe Count Harebourg, I saw .. seemingly tens of teams I had never heard of before, all taking up the dungeon rusher event. Having completed it, I never saw them again. Seems like many of the players turn up for very rare events and then bounce. Simply because the community isn't as active and fun to interact with. More community activities and events, as well as a solid marketing budget could still do wonders to the game, I reckon.

Well, there's literally no need to grind anymore these days. Kamas is worthless, items are worthless (unless you pvp maybe), and I can clear any content in my 2013 sets. I rush new content for the achievements and then log off again. Events just reward some more cosmetics or a balloon, nothing interesting. All the new cosmetic stuff is in theory a fun concept, but imo it's already worn out. What do I want 200 different shields for? Nobody changes looks that often or needs that many cosmetics, they only clutter my inventory. 

I started in 2006, and I think 10+ years of Dofus is just too much for most of us.  

Edited by bobeur
  • Like 2
  • Palm 1

cd2f09e93c47ef2c29b2a825df503859.jpg

I don't think you have to go either way, the reason Ankama are unable to get new traffic is definitely multifaceted. His marketing team comment is about attracting new players, your comment is mostly about keeping them. Both of your points are valid. I think the content is extremely good compared to what it was like 5 years ago.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ElMatematico said:

If it's any indication, the dofus community in jeuxonline is dead (for people saying that this is just an international phenomenon). They don't even have a thread for the current beta. Dofus will probably continue to exist just like there's still runescape, maplestory or whatever, but it's past its peak.

Runescape has it's 1.29 version in Old School Runescape, which the success of OSRS is what led to 1.29 being released, and the WoW classic coming up. It recently released it's mobile app, which is the full desktop game available on mobile. Plus the mods all take in community feedback, and every new update is polled by the community, where it needs a certain % before it passes. Add to that the great video makers/streamers there are. It's a thriving game with a unique community.  

As for Dofus, I wish it was the game I once played and loved. Someone else mentioned it, but everytime I log in every few months just to play for a day, I have no idea what's going on, as some new mechanic has been introduced. Plus all the microtransactions and such. Also, the art style isn't my thing. When they went from 1.29 to 2.0 it wasn't too bad, as the game was still fun. But now it's just all weird art styles that seem like it's for kids. Would love a game that is similar to Dofus, with the 8v8 turn-based game, where you can really customize your playstyle, or make 8 accs and grind 

I started a new thread a month ago or so about how I feel Dofus has gotten stale. One potential remedy for some players could be the Shadow server. Community events like rushers and temporis servers bring back many players because they feel fresh or give people new achievements to work towards.

The Shadow server embodies this fresh atmosphere since literally no one has accomplished everything (highest achievement points is like 12,000). Additionally, since death is permanent, the game is quite challenging and you may have to "restart" from time to time.

If you like playing Dofus, but miss the feel of the old Dofus and want more purpose and less grinding for no reason, I highly recommend trying out Shadow server. It's not for everyone, but I can say from experience playing both Shadow and Echo, it is more fun for the casual player.

Just here to have fun!

They released 1.29, what's the change they ever release another historic version, from when they first released 2.0? I liked farming farming DP for a potential turq, and grinding diamonds. Then they removed all my favorite grinds 

13 minutes ago, Khan said:

They released 1.29, what's the change they ever release another historic version, from when they first released 2.0? I liked farming farming DP for a potential turq, and grinding diamonds. Then they removed all my favorite grinds 

This was exactly what i did to.

I just grinded mobs to make money but that seems to be dead these days.

I just got older, the idea of Dofus still seems fun in my mind but I dunno when, if ever, will I bother to sub again. I feel Dofus was great for its time but this new generation of future adults are just harder to please or at the very least, they're harder to keep pleased, I don't think this is something Dofus the game can adapt to without changing completely in which case we would't be talking about the Dofus most of us know or grew up with. Temporis, I think, is still a pretty big draw of fresh blood but what percentage of those player are 1) new and 2) remain afterwards? Id guess not too many. I feel as though Dofus has enough of a player base to sustain it for awhile but who knows how long they can keep up this formula will older players moving and and younger players dropping it for the next big game that comes out or whatever. I'll always love strategy games like Dofus but I definitely feel like I'm in the minority.

Better today than yesterday and better tomorrow than today.