• Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
styles77772

My impression of pvp after returning :/

I was pretty unhappy with a lot of the update a couple a years ago and it was partly why I left. I'll admit that I couldn't get by on those kollosium fights without an ap mage and a ochre. But having played dofus off an on for 11 years, it just seems like the plausibility of a good match went away. And after a decade ankama never made iops any less flawed. When I came back I realized I had many range spells, it seemed like it'd be a game changer, but boy was I wrong. Every single kolossium map is just a range map on steroids, every spell every update every character is just maxed out range. It's pretty rediculous. And the damage people deal now is a return to the original issues with pvp, where the fights are over so fast there isn't even time to use strategical spells. I'm not really sure what build would work on my iop, but I literally can't get a hit in, there hardly seems to be any sport in it. 

And many ranged fighters feel the maps favor close combat classes too much... Iops are still often game changers in Kolossium, which is why you tend to get targeted if you give the opposing team any chance to hit you. My suggestions are to keep out of opponents' line of sight as much as possible, build vitality and resistance, don't taking for granted the ability to hit on certain turns, but take opportunities when you can finish an enemy, and create opportunities for your teammates.

If you are referring to 1v1 kolo then Iop is a tier 1 class. Sure, there are annoying classes to face but if you know the matchup then technically there is no class which is unbeatable for Iop. Also the 1v1 kolo maps are rigged towards Iops. No map can be considered long range, and the presence of a lot of walls make the pushback build very strong, not to mention the power of Jump in these maps. You can kite most classes easily and proc Dokoko with double Vit buff almost every time. Also setting up for spells has never been easier since the introduction of Grip. As for builds, you'll probably find the most success with pushback or strength, but in all honesty there is no bad build for iop. All depends on how meta you want to be.

As for random 3v3s, I've always disliked using Iop. It's not a class which pairs well with random classes. Also, lot of opposing classes can make your life hell if you don't itemize against them. So if you're someone who runs the same items regardless of the matchup, you won't find much success here. Sadly, in 3v3 randoms, Iop is a greedy class and needs all the kamas you can spare.

tldr : 1v1 : you should be fine. 3v3 better equips-> more wins -> more fun (assuming you are decently skilled)

• Like 1

liike to be fair i have a very strange very novel build based around sword of judgment and fairly high resist. sword of judgement in the right context can really win matches by basically keeping you alive long enough to make the other teams life miserable while other people on the other side do the damage. But I absolutely would be 10 times better off with my own custom kolo team. I do really well with fougernauts and ecas, osas are alright. IF I had to pick a team I'd prolly go with fouger and sadida to match my iops style. My build just isn;t bliztkrieg its the opposite, the longer I have to setup the more dangerous I am. 

Staying on topic, I want to say that if you want to try a novel build you should keep an open mind. Winning with wacky builds is always fun but you shouldn't take losses to heart. 3v3 premade is where the true tryhards are, so don't get disheartened when you lose to 3 pillar teams. But yeah as with any MMO, the pvp scene is filled with top tier equipment, and there's no real alternative.

9 hours ago, Oxisius said:

Staying on topic, I want to say that if you want to try a novel build you should keep an open mind. Winning with wacky builds is always fun but you shouldn't take losses to heart. 3v3 premade is where the true tryhards are, so don't get disheartened when you lose to 3 pillar teams. But yeah as with any MMO, the pvp scene is filled with top tier equipment, and there's no real alternative.

I remember some of those 3v3 tryhards :^)

• Love 1

3 vs 3 maps in all honesty are okay for an iop given you've got the team around you, which in 3 vs 3 solo will be a near impossible feat, you'd need at least one support/healer and map manip to be completely viable. As for not being able to get a hit in due to being constantly sniped, there are things you can do to counter that such as using a +15 range resistance shield and making sure you're not using something stupid such as a captain amakna shield. Again as oxisius has said, using vitality + dokoko can be a serious game changer if the team you're matched with doesn't offer any support. 

In regards to 3 vs 3 group iops can genuinely be one of the best classes they just rely on a perfect combination between support and map manipulation, i.e throw a sacrier/xelor + enu/eni and you're laughing. 

• Like 1