• Sky
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal

A collection of useful things to improve the Dofus Retro experience. All improvements should be placed inside the Dofus Retro folder where Dofus.exe is located.

_____Installing Dofus Retro_____

> Ankama Launcher

Ankama Launcher can be used to launch Dofus Retro, though first it needs to be enabled:

Spoiler

Need to tick Display the other versions in Ankama Launcher's Dofus settings.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

> Standalone Launcher

Standalone Launcher is the regular small and simple Dofus Retro Launcher.

_____Improvements_____

> AHK Script

AHK Script (Adobe Flash Projector included) is an AutoHotkey script that automatically launches a specified number of clients, logs them in, selects the server/character and invites them to the group, as well as lets you switch to a specific character window with F1~F8 hotkeys (can be changed).
Open Start.ahk with Notepad or any other text editor and configure it following the instructions there. (Currently the newest version is 18)
Double-click Start.exe to start the script.
Start.ahk/Start.exe can be placed anywhere if you specify the Dofus folder location in Start.ahk.
You can rename Start.ahk/Start.exe to anything you want, just be sure that they both have the same name.

> Dofus Remastered

Dofus Remastered increases the quality of Textures/Sprites/Spell Icons/Music/Sounds and has the option of custom made colourful Spell Icons based on element/spell type, as well as increases the FPS of animations from 20 to 40, among other graphical improvements/fixes. (Forum Thread, Video Trailer, Changes)

> Adobe Flash Projector

Adobe Flash Projector (included in the AHK Script) can be used to launch Dofus Retro for improved performance, the Adobe Flash Player 10 version is recommended as newer versions make the game stutter, the regular launcher uses 8 by default.

Launching the game via Flash.exe (Dofus.exe automatically launches the game and works with the AHK script):

Spoiler

Click File at the top left, then click Open and either write the full path to Loader.swf in the Dofus Retro folder, or click Browse and select Loader.swf in the Dofus Retro folder.

unknown.png

unknown.png

After launching it once using the above method, you will be able to just click File and then open it instantly by clicking the last used Loader.swf.

unknown.png

Fixing the trusted application error (occurs on the very first launch if launching through Flash.exe):

Spoiler

Right click and select Global Settings.

unknown.png

Go to the Advanced tab and click Trusted Location Settings.

unknown.png

Click Add in the window that appears, then either write the full path to the Dofus Retro folder, or click Add Folder and select the Dofus Retro folder.

unknown.png

_____Other_____

> QoL Modifications

QoL Modifications is an awesome feature packed client modification.

Not officially approved by Ankama to use.

Features:

Spoiler

Options menu:

General:

Number of spaces of the movable shortcut bar can be set to a maximum of 10 instead of 9 by default.

Display:

Display end of fight result.

Display the craft failure pop-up.

Show craft result bubbles.

Enable day/night cycle view.

Limit before switching to creature mode can be set to a minimum of 0 instead of 5 by default.

Fight:

Tactical/Anti-Lag/Creature Modes retain between fights and game launches.

Timeline retains between fights.

Added a grid in the Tactical Mode.

Added spell names to the chat in the Anti-Lag Mode.

Removed Critical Hit and Weapon animations in the Anti-Lag Mode.

Interfaces:

Added a checkbox in the Maging interface that acts as holding down Control and thus will put whole Rune stacks on a double-click.

Can keep pressing Enter to keep selling the same item batch for the same price in Markets.

Added a Collect All button to Perceptors, Markets and Merchants.

Market search can be done with a minimum of 3 letters instead of 4 by default.

Other:

Clicking on the combat sword instantly enters the fight.

Added a button (on the right of the emoticons/sit buttons) that highlights map change cells.

Can equip Soul Stones by double clicking on them.

Added the /mask command that hides all class sprites on the map.

Character runs when clicking on a minimum of 3 cells away instead of 6 by default.

Fixed the chat scrolling up on each received/sent message bug when using Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or higher.

Loading the map text no longer appears and gets stuck on the screen when changing maps.

Remember me option (in the Advanced Options below the Register button) retains password instead of just username by default.

Added a checkbox (bottom left of the login screen after clicking Advanced Options below the Register button) that activates Streamer Mode to hide IP/Account Name.

Along with a lot of other graphical and other fixes that can be viewed in the #changelogs channel in their Discord server.

> Dofus HD

Dofus HD increases the quality of Textures/Sprites/Spell Icons/Music/Sounds, as well as has great colourful spell icons based on element/spell type. (Download link)

It has been merged into Dofus Remastered, along with 40 FPS Animations and a lot of other graphical improvements/fixes.

> 40 FPS Animations

40 FPS Animations increases the FPS of animations in the game from 20 to 40.

It has been merged into Dofus Remastered, along with Dofus HD and a lot of other graphical improvements/fixes.

> 2.0 Spell Icons

2.0 Spell Icons changes the spell icons to look like 2.0 ones.

The Dofus Remastered improvement has great colourful spell icons based on element/spell type.

> 2.0 Looks

2.0 Looks is a full Dofus 1.29 zipped with a lot of textures changed to look like 2.0. (Forum Thread)

Not compatible with Dofus Retro (1.30).

> Updated Dofus.exe

Updated Dofus.exe is a modified launcher made by Starlight, it uses Adobe Flash Player 18 instead of 8 that the regular launcher uses by default and fixes the chat scrolling up on each received/sent message bug.

Use Dofus.exe to launch the game instead of the updater/uplauncher.

Not recommended to use along with Dofus Retro and/or QoL Modifications as it breaks some menu stuff, also better to use Adobe Flash Projector with Adobe Flash Player 10 as newer versions make the game stutter.

> Tactical/Anti-Lag Mode

Tactical/Anti-Lag Mode adds Tactical and Anti-Lag Modes into the game.

It is no longer needed as a better version is implemented into Dofus Retro and QoL Modifications.

> Server Name Fix

Server Name Fix is a manual fix that fixes the display of server names without the need to run the game in the Spanish language.

See also:

Dofus 2.x Starter Pack

Dofus 1.29 Wiki

Dofus Logos

Ankama Games

Edited by Gravestorm
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

Steam.png     Discord3.png

Very nice. Did you develop this yourself or compile it from another source? 

Kikn | Blank ⚪

SignatureCAPS1.png

This is so much what everyone has been looking for :-). Thank you so much ❤️

Mac and Linux version?

I'm in a dead-end relationship with the dead guild Rosalt.

Things I have left to kill for quests/achievements (25 quests left):

Solar | Bethel | 4 Bounties

Ut2xree.pnghqvB0Ce.png

72mUvNJ.jpg?3

Artwork by Pokii, Kaitah and Tawa

YOOOOO

• Like 1

Currently playing on Eratz & Henual 1.29 Servers
come leech rats or blop dungeon from me pls n.n

Added a kill switch, as well as some error proofing, and an option to download the script separately.

Try running as administrator if you experience problems.

Edited by Gravestorm

Version 10 is released, now you can do all sorts of crazy things, like choose a specific server and character, as well as the group leader! Only took us 7 hours of testing to fix everything! Play around with the idle/idlem variables if you're having problems.

• Like 1

I love guinea pigs 😂😂!

Excellent work mate. I love it so much. Got 3 different setups depending on what I'm doing ingame 🙂

Is there something like this for Dofus 2? Looked through the forums but everything is outdated :<

10 hours ago, Ouest said:

Is there something like this for Dofus 2? Looked through the forums but everything is outdated :<

Of course not. Who would do such a thing for that client :-).

You set amount of characters you want the script to run. It types in usernames/passwords and even let you chose server and character slots depending on what you fill in. It takes me 1m22s to log in 8 characters and group them according to init (F1 to F8 bindings) by clicking an icon.

Edited by Youbutsu

Runs much smoother than the original client. I have one question for you. Glyphs seem to all be the same black color instead of the colors. Is there any way to get those back to the color versions? Thanks for the work you've put into this.

Don't think so, not sure what's specifically causing it. I've updated the post with another way of increasing performance (this one works for Macs as well), though with the caveat of having an annoying bug. Glyph colours are correct in that one.

This is some nice shit, works flawlessly. Great job Grave. Unfortunately i've just sold off 17m and quit 1.29 😞

@Azmorea @Deejavus get onto it

• Love 1

SASA.png

I would if I wasn’t hooked on other games right now :x

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nemaru said:

Can u get a Bann for this Mods?

No. It wouldn't be here if you would.

These are client side modifications that don't interfere with in-game mechanics and are either visual or take place prior to login. There was conversation with Ankama staff previously that deemed these kinds of modifications allowable, hence why we've allowed them to be posted here.

Where it becomes more dangerous is the use of scrips to automatically move multiple characters in-game at once since this becomes a game enhancing benefit. This is something that has been bannable so I'd air caution here. 

• Like 1

Kikn | Blank ⚪

SignatureCAPS1.png

1 hour ago, Nemaru said:

I read in other forums that they were banned for scripts

There's been tons of discussions about just AHK and as long as it doesn't effect your actions in-game, it's perfectly okay. I'd link you to OF since I know there's at least one okay from Ankama there (wasn't long ago we were talking about just that post). I am simply too lazy, but search for it - you will find it. If you are too lazy, then just trust me x). You can read about me in Batouta helmets description in-game to be 100% sure.
Some years ago there was a discussion between Blackkrakronos and Izmar (or was it Kaoly perhaps?) about the topic here as well. It might still be here, but I can't find it. It's 100% okay as long as you don't use anything else but what Gravestorm already provided. The coding is very basic and easy to understand even for someone who's not accustomed to programing. Nothing fishy or strange whatsoever. He also replaced the 2009 flash version with the latest flash version. This fixed all the lag issues we were experiencing back in 2007 up to today on 1.29. The splash screen is just an awesome bonus he threw in, haha (2012).

/g Re: It's SAFE

Edited by Youbutsu
OMG ROB WON
  • Like 1

Here's the official response from Ankama.

• Like 2

cd2f09e93c47ef2c29b2a825df503859.jpg

17 hours ago, Youbutsu said:

There's been tons of discussions about just AHK and as long as it doesn't effect your actions in-game, it's perfectly okay.

I'm not sure who would do such a thing! Just Alt + Esc amirite

• Haha 1

VhZbG2i.png