• Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Scour

Redesign of Pets

https://www.dofus.com/fr/forum/1069-evolutions/2280134-refonte-familiers

The pet system is probably one of the oldest, and even though it has had several improvements over the years, it is no longer suitable and now needs an overhaul. This concerns both the functioning of the pets (food, pace of evolution) and their bonuses. In order to simplify the reading, we will mainly talk about pets in this devblog but all that is explained here applies in the same way to petsmounts.

904407.jpg

It is therefore a question of proposing a new system fulfilling the following objectives:

• Do not have time constraints on the evolution of pets.
  • Give them competitive bonuses over mounts.
  • Allow them to impact the game server economics.
  • Review their method of obtaining to better integrate them to different contents.
  • Have a more accessible system.

In order to achieve these objectives, the system is reviewed in all its aspects.

THE EVOLUTION OF PETS
The evolution of pets is now based on levels: they are level 0 at the time of their acquisition and can gain experience to reach level 100.

To give experience to the familiar, it will feed. Their diet has been considerably expanded for the occasion and it will no longer be necessary to wait for a while before being able to feed the pet again: any pet can now be fed with any resource, and does not matter when.

The experience value given for each resource depends on various factors: its level, its difficulty of obtaining (the lower the rate of obtaining, the higher the experience given) and its provenance (if it is a resource dungeon guard or a harvestable resource for example). Precision for those who are familiar (haha!) With the recycling system: it is the same criteria that are taken into account (with the difference that controlled areas have no impact with regard to pets).

BONUSES
Pet bonuses, meanwhile, are now directly dependent on their level: if a pet is level 50, he has only half of his bonuses; if he is level 100, he has his maximum bonus. Initially, it is very easy to gain levels to his familiar, then it becomes increasingly difficult (so expensive).

This new system means that pets can only progress in one way: it will no longer be possible to choose the characteristic you want to evolve. This should give more interest to more pets: instead of having a pet that has 3 different bonuses for example, it will now have a bonus and its other two features will be available via other pets . We took the opportunity to review the bonuses of all pets so that they are much better and can more easily hold the comparison with the mounts.

Some exceptions: pets that do not need to be fed now (Sting, for example) will not evolve with the new system either. Their bonuses are well reviewed to be more interesting but it will be impossible to feed them and they will enjoy their maximum bonus as soon as you get (as currently).

THE MEANS OF OBTAINING

There are currently several ways to get a pet: completing a dungeon, completing a quest, buying a non-player character, buying in the shop ogrines or exchange with another player.

We will dramatically increase the number of pets that can be obtained at stake. This involves removing most pets from the store and various commercial offers in order to give them a method of obtaining related to accessible content. As a first step, nearly 40 pets will be implanted from the store and we will make sure to add regularly over the updates.

Each of these pets will be associated with content that must be completed (this can be quests or success for example): you can then see the familiar as NPC. It will then need to provide a number of resources (always related to the same content) to adopt it. Except exception, each pet can be recovered only once per character.

We will also review the method of obtaining certain pets that can already be obtained in game, to limit the ability to generate too much. We found that these pets often ended up abandoned, given food to dragoon or crushed, which is very regrettable ... and cruel.

AROUND PETS
One of the major changes is that pets no longer have a life point. It is therefore no longer possible to kill or injure them, which means that it is no longer necessary to heal or resuscitate them.

In addition, we removed the system of preferred area and increased capabilities. We think the new pet bonuses will be basic enough interesting and diversified enough without the need to add this system over.

As a result, some modifications (deletions) are made to the different systems that revolve around pets:

• The pet dungeon has no real reason to be and is therefore deleted.
  • The pet ghosts are deleted.
    • Those present in the various inventories and auction house are automatically resurrected.
  • Pet certificates are deleted.
    • Those present in the different inventories and in the auction house are automatically replaced by the corresponding pet.
  • The powders of Eniripsa and Resurrection are removed.
  • Hormones are removed.
  • Improvement Potions can no longer be made.
    • It will be possible to use your Improvement Potions to recover the ingredients that compose them (except the Hormone).
  • Potions of Croquette are removed.

CONVERSION OF OLD TO NEW
The bonuses of your pets will not be lost during the system change. Your pets will be reset (level 0) but you will receive a resource that will allow you to give any number of experience points to any pet.

The value of the experience given by this resource is dependent on the familiar and the value to which you have advanced it.
For example, the new Nomoon will do 120 prospecting. If you have one that gives 90 in Prospecting, you will receive a resource that will raise any pet to level 75. If you give it to your Nomoon, it will then make 90 in Prospecting.
You can definitely choose to give this resource to another pet to make it reach level 75 (and it will then give another bonus than 90 in Prospecting, depending on the familiar).
If your Nomoon was only 60 in Prospecting, you will receive a level 50 resource.
If you own a Naughty Little Crow who is 44 in Prospecting, you will receive a resource gem that will raise to about 36.7 level.
If you have several pets, you will receive as many resources as pets, and it will be possible to give several to the same pet. Note that in this case, the level reached by this pet will not be the sum of the levels of each resource: the progression curve of pets is not linear, the higher they are, the more experience they will need to reach the next level.
Some pets, however, will be transformed into ceremonial items (including pets gained via DOFUS Pets). In this case, you will receive the pet as a ceremonial item and, if it has bonuses, a resource that will raise another pet to an equivalent level.

Could someone with better english explain me:

will my lvl1 stings @ 90PP be still the max PP pets after the patch or are nomoons with 120PP going to be superior? 

same with my lvl1 borbats @ 1100pods ?

i hate them changing all this stuff.... 😞 

Also, would it be an good idea to buy maxed pets now and move their EXP (after patch) to other pets?

Edited by winged-one

Your sting / nomoon won't be maxed after the update, it will stay at lvl 75 (90/120). You can get it to the new max by feeding it though, so might be wise to keep other pets in stock that are maxed so you can use the resource you get from them on your nomoons to level them easily.

• Like 1

See, this is how you do an update on old set items. not fuck up the whole system like the breeding stuff.

This, this is what pets should be like. ❤️

I'm a bit sad that they removed the pet dungeon. could've been the perfect time to revamp it. The idea of the dungeon is novel, just getting there was sorta annoying and the rewards were useless.

• Like 2

RIP El Scarador

Well, looks like they just increment the bonus.

So, piwin pets will give 120points or peki peki will give 600hp.

Looks interesting but not sure woth it.

I'm not sure about some res pet like Crum or El Scarador, they were pretty useful now and there is a chance they will be worse.

On the other hand the lock pet will be amazing 

Edited by Matt5150

@xjoost, Stings will be maxed on update, all currently maxed soul eaters will be. 

Some exceptions: pets that do not need to be fed now (Sting, for example) will not evolve with the new system either. Their bonuses are well reviewed to be more interesting but it will be impossible to feed them and

they will enjoy their maximum bonus as soon as you get (as currently).

Edited by Scour
  • Like 2

Lfg to do pet dung before it's deleted

3 hours ago, Matt5150 said:

I'm not sure about some res pet like Crum or El Scarador, they were pretty useful now and there is a chance they will be worse.

They will be worse for sure, the strength of Croum and El Scarador lies in possibility to adjust their bonuses to fit your needs. RIP Croums, you will be missed.

• Like 1

so i got that right: No more souleaters, no more pets needed to feed. Every pet is XP based like mounts?

10 minutes ago, winged-one said:

so i got that right: No more souleaters, no more pets needed to feed. Every pet is XP based like mounts?

The opposite - souleaters remain the same EXCEPT they get the same buff that the non-souleater pet got. For a specific example, your Sting will get the same buff to 120 pp that the Nomoon does, but unlike the Nomoon, it instantly becomes 120 pp once the update hits (if it was at 90 pp before).

I hope this answers your question!

• Like 1

Why are they changing everything in this game... 😭

I'm sad about pet dungeon removal 😞

Surely they could have just changed the reward instead of completely deleting it.

So does this mean they will revive my 8 dead nomoons? 

Also, long live the GobTubby.

• Like 1

😞

i have a gobtubby somewhere thats a ghost with the old pre 2.0 ghost art

am gonna lose him forever now 😞

• Like 1
  • Palm 1

Stop 2.0'ing you sob. You are on the wrong server.

• Haha 1

I still just want to know if I should finish the souleaters I currently have, or if I should wait for the update to max them. 

buy maxed crap pets and feed your soul eaters with that "ressource" after the patch 🙂

On 8/9/2018 at 5:30 PM, xjoost said:

Your sting / nomoon won't be maxed after the update, it will stay at lvl 75 (90/120). You can get it to the new max by feeding it though, so might be wise to keep other pets in stock that are maxed so you can use the resource you get from them on your nomoons to level them easily.

So my 90pp fouxes will become 90/120pp after the update, correct? What I need to do is buy a few fouxes of 30+ pp so I can later feed the 90pp fouxes the resources I get from the 30pp ones in order to max them, right? Hope it makes sense.

U dont have to buy foxes with 30 pp. 

How i understand it u can also buy a few cheap 80 str kwacks and feed their ressources to your foxes later

• Like 1

It was told that soul eaters will be instandly max. (stings as well as brindled minifouxes)

So no need to level them. Just use that ressouce you got from them on them back again...

• Like 1