• Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Prosa

Incorrect Banning & Abuse of Support

Hello,

I would appreciate it if you could take the time to view this thread and perhaps comment on it : https://www.dofus.com/en/forum/2-general-discussion/333543-incorrect-banning-abuse-support

Feca (Astrology), Meme-God, Pygmachia(Sacriers-Foot), and Citius have all been permabanned for pvping with each other and Ankama stating that they are all "related to Thesus."

Thank you,
Prosa

Edited by Prosa
  • Like 1

#ChangeTheWayAnkamaTreatsENCommunity

#ENLivesMatterToo

• Like 1

sad story, but what do you promise yourself out of posting this here and spamming /r with this story ?

The hope that it will get enough views they wont invis it because too many people have seen it, and this was infact the case.

are you guys sharing accounts with each other? 

None of the people banned in this situation were sharing accounts with each other.

Good old guilty by association. 

• Haha 1

Winged-One, 

I am not sure if you have ever tried to bring up how awful the Support is through the OF but it is a nightmare. The posts are constantly invisd so no one can see them and these situations are never resolved. I hoped to make this OF post and share it as quickly as possible so there would be too many eyes on it for it to be invisd. This has apparently worked as they deleted replies that were not relevant to the posting but they kept the thread up. This issue has been happening ever since Thesus was banned and it is not fair and needs to be spoken about. So yes, me posting to /r and here might seem excessive or annoying but so is permabanning 4 people when all the proof says they should not be banned. These are my friends and they have been for years. I am going to do everything I can to make sure their accounts are not wrongfully banned and the years of work they have put in are not wrongfully taken away.

I'm not sure about nowadays, but in the past Izmar was pretty much the only light people had when it came to bizarre sanction decisions by Ankama, at least for the INT community/people who don't speak french - I hope the new CM is reasonable. Ankama are extremely stubborn and most of their decisions are final, the only time I know of them going back on a decision is when information was offered in return and even then they were very dismissive.

I'd be extremely careful with your wording when talking about or to support/Ankama employees and that includes third party websites/in-game. I think most likely they will cave under the community pressure, unless any of the banned players do anything to insult Ankama.

Edited by ЯeveЯt

Rev,

Luckily Manaia is an amazing mod and this situation is being reviewed by the support team now. 

btw: is Izmar still around? If so, tried to contact her?

Edited by winged-one

Izmar no longer works for Ankama, she has gone on to bigger and better things such as being the CM for Dark Souls.

That's what happens when you run with people who multi client often, I wouldn't be seen running with Thesus or (I removed the names on second thought) at anytime.

I'ts like hanging out with someone irl who commits crazy crimes such as burglary quite often, you wouldn't hang out with them, because then you get associated with them. It's as easy as that, don't fight with or chill with people that are known to do retarded ass things. Problem solved.

Edited by Dovahkiin
I removed the leech Osa's name and the Eca that also multi accounts percs. Due to the scammers registry type rules about names. xD
  • Like 1

Thesus has been banned for 4+ months so I fail to see any relation to him in terms of us multilogging so I am not sure what you're even saying. Anyways, everyone who was banned has been unbanned.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/6/2018 at 8:50 AM, Prosa said:

Ankama stating that they are all "related to Thesus."

If you never ran with Thesus in a perc fight, then you I wonder where they got the idea that those accounts were possibly owned by Thesus himself, that's what I'm talking about. I hope they don't just look at my team running across a map and just ban me for "being Thesus" doubt they just pull this shit out of thin air lol 

Anyway nice job, glad they got their stuffs back, sucks to see people get banned for no reason

Wait... no more izmar??

when did she leave lul, last time i checked she use to do those patch note videos on youtube.

she quit in december 2017, here is her quitting post: https://www.dofus.com/en/forum/2-general-discussion/331860-passing-torch

shortly after that nerodos has also quit same month, his quitting post: https://www.dofus.com/en/forum/2-general-discussion/332078-flickering-shadow

p.s. tbh with ankama being a b1tch company with an ignorant attitude both to players and their workers as well as neglecting en community in most of cases i'd also quit kappa :^) i bet dark souls company salary is also higher (^:

On 8/6/2018 at 11:24 PM, Dovahkiin said:

That's what happens when you run with people who multi client often, I wouldn't be seen running with Thesus or (I removed the names on second thought) at anytime.

I'ts like hanging out with someone irl who commits crazy crimes such as burglary quite often, you wouldn't hang out with them, because then you get associated with them. It's as easy as that, don't fight with or chill with people that are known to do retarded ass things. Problem solved.

What kind of shit is this, at the end of the day thesus was a friend to some of us regardless of how you or other people view him, he's the one who decided to multi log not anyone else. 

Better leave your guild/alliance then because I can guarantee I know of at least one person who multi logs and guess what, through your logic you're now associated with them and deserve a permanent ban. 

At the end of the day it's Supports job to investigate a report, check ip addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers etc etc, before acting abbruptly to whatever's been reported. 

Edited by Tezar

I think its not about multi logging. everyone does 😄 I think its about sharing accounts (you won't really get banned alone for that either) and using those accounts for fighting percs other other stuff meant to be for just single persons, bypassed through VMs (..)

Time will tell whether someone multilogged in a perceptor/prism fight or not. The moderators have surely taken notice by now. As of now clearly most people, except the ones being harassed by aforementioned banned players, claim this to be a false ban, and it does seem like that. We've done just a part of our job, however - the moderators have taken notice. Now the hardest part is to make this not happen ever again. What are possible counter measures to potential multiloggers and how do you distinguish mass salt reports from real ones? 

Sici,

Ego Sum /xelor

Easiest solution - allow multi logging in both attacking and defending, just like the 1.29 days.

Unfortunately, most automated anti-multi-accounting techniques would rely on obscurity rather than security. It's generally in the communities best interest to not know what Ankama could do... even though it isn't rocket science. Ankama could be punishing a lot more people for multi-accounting with automatic detection methods. It's not possible to fully stop someone if they know what they're doing and have enough resources, but it is possible to raise the floor so that most players who would have can't/won't do it.

I spoke to Izmar about this topic and I'm pretty sure that Ankama know what to do, they just didn't have or wouldn't allocate enough resources to alleviate this issue at the time. Also, I'm not sure about the moderation tools that our mods have access to nowadays but if they're the same as before they're pretty ill-equipped to handle the job of effectively finding out who's legit and who's not on the spot. If mods were able to pull certain information from each client distinguish between them would be extremely easy to begin with (then it's a cat and mouse game against the extremely determined).

I had faith in them before mono server came out and even defended them against my better judgement but they disappointed me.

Most of these decisions are made by internal support and not directly by in-game moderators. They either respond to reports through moderators or directly from players creating tickets. Therefore, bans should be backed up with relevant information as to whether a player is multi-accounting since they have access to everything. That's why these bans were more surprising to me. 

It seems likely they got fed up with all the controversy around not banning Thesus quickly enough and decided to take the benefit of the doubt. The problem is actually proving people are multi-accounting without doubt (provided they do it well) is incredibly difficult. So there's always this balance between pleasing the player base who want quick action and accuracy. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rob said:

Most of these decisions are made by internal support and not directly by in-game moderators. They either respond to reports through moderators or directly from players creating tickets. Therefore, bans should be backed up with relevant information as to whether a player is multi-accounting since they have access to everything. That's why these bans were more surprising to me. 

It seems likely they got fed up with all the controversy around not banning Thesus quickly enough and decided to take the benefit of the doubt. The problem is actually proving people are multi-accounting without doubt (provided they do it well) is incredibly difficult. So there's always this balance between pleasing the player base who want quick action and accuracy. 

Agreed. I don't think there's quick action or accuracy at the moment. This quick banning seems pretty isolated (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't play on Echo anymore). Regardless, I think whoever did this deserves to be reprimanded... if they have all of that obvious information and still manage to ban people mistakenly in such a brazen fashion they're clearly doing a terrible job. I assumed it was a mod with lack of information because otherwise that's so careless lol.

There's a big difference between diligently checking and banning someone vs not banning someone for a very long time, who seems to have been a multi-accounting plague for years. Ankama need to step up their game.

Edited by ЯeveЯt

Just now, ЯeveЯt said:

Ankama need to step up their game.

Where have I heard that before? 

Definitely not on the OF because it would have been hidden by now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3