Dofus Client cant update HELP :3 Error U04020095

Hello ! Error is on MAC pc 

Yesterday my dofus updater gave me a notification "An error occurred whilst writing to disk. Check that there is sufficient space and that you have the necessary rights.". 
I reinstalled the game and it worked again (the resolution and chat screen was not that clear, a bit blurry, and i could not fix it).
This morning, as I wanted to logg in, I got the same error message. 
I deleted the game again, reinstalled, could logg 1x, I closed the game and now I get the same notification. 
I read your "Error U04020095 : An error occurred whilst writing to disk" but did not understand that fully.
I checked my diskspace, I read here that you need 3 GB free space and i got 72 GB so I don't see the problem there. 

problem1.thumb.jpeg.efa3b307cfcae8442f03998e302553da.jpeg

Thanks for any tips or help !!!

Edited by Alz94 Tofusawa

Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.

Is there a "run as administrator" option on macs? Aslo could check and make sure that your on an admin account, so that you are able to access and write/change stuff around on your primary hard drive partition.

Edited by Dovahkiin

newsignature.png

Epic paint skills.

8 hours ago, Dovahkiin said:

Is there a "run as administrator" option on macs? Aslo could check and make sure that your on an admin account, so that you are able to access and write/change stuff around on your primary hard drive partition.

Thats not rly can help .

Someone got any other ideas?! Thanks 

I just tried to troubleshoot basic PC values, since I know nothing about Macs. ...But I noticed it says you don't have sufficient rights, I figured there might be a lack of administrator privildeges on the current account that you are using on your Mac.

newsignature.png

Epic paint skills.

Eniripsa Winged-one Pandawa Hubabuba Enutrof  Uncommon Rogue Cra Maiklnait
~*All professions 200*~

After a quick google of your problem, I came across someone having the same problem and their fix was to fix disk permissions in the "disk utility" tool.

• Like 1

newsignature.png

Epic paint skills.

6 hours ago, winged-one said:

No but it's the same problem. Ankama support is useless... They don't rly Help changed with them like 5tickets... 

5 hours ago, Dovahkiin said:

After a quick google of your problem, I came across someone having the same problem and their fix was to fix disk permissions in the "disk utility" tool.

In new Mac option repair disc permissions not exist anymore... And I don't know any safe program i can install to try... Mac isn't my and I don't want broke pc... 

I was thinking about that :

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/index.html

It's got option repair disc permissions but I can't find any opinions about if that program is safe and legit 

Edited by Alz94 Tofusawa

I had the same issue when I downloaded the game and it took me about 5 times to figure it out as I couldn't launch after the initial run or sometimes fail the update too haha.

The solution for my fix was after you download the client itself (the 40mb or w.e), open the .dmg file as normal. When it then creates the Dofus file above it, drag that icon into your applications folder. Once you have done that, drag and remove/delete the .dmg file and empty the trash. Now you can open the Dofus file in your applications where it downloads the full game/installs updates. 

The error, is that for some reason the game writes all the required files onto the .dmg file instead of the application "Dofus" and when you remove it. That causes the game to not load as it can't access the right files lol

Hopefully this works for you.

Sunny.

• Like 2

RETIRED

--SuNnY-- Lvl 200 Former Rank 10 Sadida On Rosal Level 100 Shoemaker/Shoemagus 100 Jeweller/Jewelmagus 100 Tailor/Costumagus

Nemesis-Uk Lvl 200 Former Rank 10 Xelor On Rosal Level 100 Shieldsmith

Fosters Lvl 200 Panda On Rosal Level 100 Hammersmith

Aku-Aku Lvl 199 Masqueraider On Rosal Level 100 Handyman

8 hours ago, Sunny said:

I had the same issue when I downloaded the game and it took me about 5 times to figure it out as I couldn't launch after the initial run or sometimes fail the update too haha.

The solution for my fix was after you download the client itself (the 40mb or w.e), open the .dmg file as normal. When it then creates the Dofus file above it, drag that icon into your applications folder. Once you have done that, drag and remove/delete the .dmg file and empty the trash. Now you can open the Dofus file in your applications where it downloads the full game/installs updates. 

The error, is that for some reason the game writes all the required files onto the .dmg file instead of the application "Dofus" and when you remove it. That causes the game to not load as it can't access the right files lol

Hopefully this works for you.

Sunny.

I fallow your instructions. I downloaded game it was 40mb. Then I open the  .dmg file. It made and icon I dragged Into applications and totally removed. Game updated and I could play it one time. After close game I got same error on updater like beafore 😭😭