• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Imps Green
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Register for the 4v4 'Echominator' PvP tournament! Registration closes on Friday, June 1st. [Click Here] for more information!

Sign in to follow this  
Bohemia

WIP - Paint drawings contest

Good morning.

I was thinking for a while to make contest/ event related to Fleaster, which, of course, should have taken place around Fleaster time.

I wrote about it on my feed sometime ago, asking for opinions/ ideas, and @Quadro suggested to post about it here. Thanks. 

The idea was that participants should post drawings made in Paint only, related to Fleaster in general, with or without some additional Dofus reference too.

The choice of drawings in Paint only (no sophisticated photo editors, no images imported from around the web) was made to give an equal opportunity to a larger number of possible participants.

I'll post below some drawings I have made, in 5 - 10 minutes each.

Why am I writing about it so late?

Well, I was "lucky" enough to get pneumonia, still recovering from it, I've been rather sleepy and tired most of the time for the past 2 - 3 weeks.

But I still want to do this, when I get a better.

But now it is a bit late to do a contest/ event centered on Fleaster (only).

So the next idea that I've been cooking was to make an event around some of the holidays from Dofus, since I love the temporary game content, and I always end up wishing that said content would last longer.

For now, the Dofus holidays that I am thinking to include, in 3 series of the event, each with 3 prizes, are:

- Fleaster

- Vulkania

- Kwismas.

The top 3 for each season will be decided by a jury, not by "likes", which couldn't be implemented on Dofus forums anyway.

The stuff I have hoarded for this event is mainly composed of Ice Dragoturkey Harnesses and various incarnations.

It is still WIP, but I thought that the event will have 3 seasons, 1 for each Dofus holiday mentioned above.

The prizes that I can offer at the moment would be 1 Ice Dt Harness and 1 random incarnation to first 3 master pieces from each season.

(If I sell more stuff in markets and if I manage to get my hands on some good deals before I have the final version of the event, I could maybe add more seasons, like Al Howin or Saint Potrik.)

I am still considering some aspects on how it will work:

- 1) Should I do the event on Imps Village only, on Dofus forums only, or on both at the same time with prizes for both in this latest case?

- 2) How long should a season last? 1 week / 10 days / 2 weeks?

- 3) Would the prizes be interesting enough to motivate a few people to do a quick Paint drawing related to the season to which they participate?

- 4) How many entries should be allowed per participant? 1 only / 2 / unlimited ?

- 5) In the case that the event would run on both Imps Village and Dofus forums at the same time, should a player be able to get a prize on both platforms with different drawings on each, or only on a platform?

-

-

-

(I might add more aspects on which I haven't taken a decision yet, as they come to my mind.) 

Any suggestion or idea would be greatly appreciated, either by sending me a pm, or answering on this thread.

Many thanks in advance.

lil chickens.jpg

my fleaster lil attempt in ten mins.jpg

please no vilence five mins.jpg

to eat choco or not.jpg

vulkania _1.jpg

Edited by Bohemia
  • Like 3

I could certainly get behind this, I love a bit of paint.

xelor.png

1) Obviously Imps Village only :default_wink:

2) 10 days? Two weeks seems like it would drag out. Normally entries for these kinds of things stagnate after the first week.

3) Most likely. Present the post well and people will enter just for the fun of it (Keep the text short and sweet).

4) 1-2, unlimited entries generally results in a spam contest.

5) Depends how you choose to pick winners. 

• Like 3

i drew my rogue

defuse.png.835f100b3026f469856e0e275c90de91.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 2