• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Bart-simpson

2.46 Idols and new Leech gimmick

So for the past few years since the release of idols there have been insane gain in XP with the 508 score. Due to the fact that it was incredible easy to just use as full cra team with enus or just cra team with the release of lashing arrow and then barricade shot afterwards with the variants. 

Now it seems like the time is changing and Idols are finally getting rearranged so values will not benefit Cras so much but rather idols that in general makes the fight relatively hard for all classes. 

What I am wondering if what idol combination is the most effective for xp leech now that can be done with only a small pool of classes/characters. 

Idols score high.png

tumblr_lht6cpyby71qdlkgg.gif<- tumblr_lm0fpceG6y1qdlkgg.gif

0rJDSgF.png

8QgqO8s.png

The entire point of this update is to combat the ridiculous leeching meta that's popped up around Cras. You're not going to find a 400+ idol score combo with these synergy values that isn't INCREDIBLY punishing to any team. The 484 comp you've linked, for example, is utterly disgusting and almost assuredly spells death facing any high end mob. 

On the plus side it's much easier now to make less extreme idol comps for dungeon achievs.

tumblr_maroc5i39P1rho4djo1_500.gif

"...but rather idols that in general makes the fight relatively hard for all classes."

fwiw this was the stated intent when they first announced the Idol system. It's going to be a long time before someone finds a magic idol combo to replace 508, but it's probably out there.

Yes @Kiba the whole point is to figure out what idol combo suits best to strain the mechanic of the game. To maximize efficiency within the current patch. Surely some French players are going to do it, what excludes us from doing the same. 

So right now I was thinking of running a Yosh+payo+Dynamo builds or something along those lines. It fit very well within how clsoe combat classes work. Currently I think ouginaks are the strongest class for this type of leech with their natural inbuilt dmg reduction, self heal, sustain spells and high base dmg. 

But there could be better options out there. 

tumblr_lht6cpyby71qdlkgg.gif<- tumblr_lm0fpceG6y1qdlkgg.gif

0rJDSgF.png

8QgqO8s.png

Don't forget they will delete a lot of idols with similar effects, and revamp some so there will be more competitive combo's. (So some -but probably all- combinations you might think of now won't even exist afterwards) Seeing they nerfed the dungeon achievements to 200, I doubt there will be any scores much above that, as it would go back to as is.

My bet would be that they revamp/delete a lot of items so that ~200 score will be the maximum, and achievable with a few different combinations. Anything over that is pointless and will result only in exp/drop abuse like the 508 combo. 

Also, I would not be surprised if the experience gained by adding idols will be nerfed, or even removed completely. 

• Like 1

cd2f09e93c47ef2c29b2a825df503859.jpg

Idols were a mistake.

Their fate now is to be dummied out until they exist just for the sake of achievements, because there's no way to get rid of those ever.

• Like 1

El-Matematico 200 agi osa

El-Psicologo 200 str/cha zobal

El-Cronologo 200 cha xelor
El-Geologo 200 int sadi
- Rubilax -

Idols were a great idea that were terribly implemented. It's the Ankama Way.

Also bob, I don't agree. If there are only a few valid combos of 200+ what's the point having it be generic score? Might as well just require specific idols. I think the idol system will remain similar to what it is for quite some time - they're loath to change it as is and they only did this due to incredible, incredible abuse which they scrubbed out from the game with this new batch of synergies.

• Like 1

If someone has a list of the new idol values and synergies, I can recompute all available idol scores sorted from highest to lowest again. I just don't feel like tracking down that info.

Sinbad - 200 Fog / Guinevere - 200 Rogue

Discord: Sinbad#0001 (78631113035100160)

Want more features for your discord server?

chars.png

Well Scour, the reasons Idols were introduced was to give people a new challenge. Not to provide easier experience and/or loot.

Adding several "generic" combinations to achieve the necessary score to gain the achievements allows for some customization while still maintaining a relatively normal level of drops and exp.

In my opinion they did not think the reward system through when they made it, or at least the consequences of it. 

The game has gotten so easy for like 90% of the content where adding idols with a score of 300+ is still autowin for end-game teams (and let's face it, those are the only ones that really count). Drastically reducing the idol system rewards with either score lowering or terrible synergies would give the economy a slight boost, and still keep the original focus of making fights more difficult and/or interesting. 

I can see Ankama not changing the system too much though, since they're afraid of fucking it up and they have already lost a significant playerbase. 

cd2f09e93c47ef2c29b2a825df503859.jpg

Running calcs (thanks @Owyn for providing a list of idol family synergies) I'll have some parseable data available soon(tm)

Sinbad - 200 Fog / Guinevere - 200 Rogue

Discord: Sinbad#0001 (78631113035100160)

Want more features for your discord server?

chars.png

3 hours ago, bobeur said:

Drastically reducing the idol system rewards with either score lowering or terrible synergies would give the economy a slight boost, and still keep the original focus of making fights more difficult and/or interesting.

Well that's this update so good for the economy I guess. xD