• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Zephinism

ToT Ankama annonces possible FTP Dofus Trial, 100 000 character loss since January

Via Twitter, ToT from Ankama studios has announced that Dofus has lost 100 000 active characters since January.

They also said they want to run a test Dofus to try several things out, including Dofus Free to Play.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zephinism said:

Translating, I got

know you have a lot of work but do not you think it would be a win-win to remove the @DOFUSfr abo? Indeed, the abo forced to a high playing time to be able to finance it and would allow people to come back

What's an abo?

You can write a few thousands off for the exam season but the remaining number is really alarming tbh. I came back from a 5-month break in January and I think the game's got better, if anything. True, I don't give a shit about kolo or pvp in general. Ogrine prices are lowering as well, so it's odd to hear this.

@Sommanker abo = abonnement = subscription

• Like 1

100'000 characters? So we are talking about 12'000-13'000 players lol

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 1:56 AM, The_Golden_One said:

You can write a few thousands off for the exam season but the remaining number is really alarming tbh. I came back from a 5-month break in January and I think the game's got better, if anything. True, I don't give a shit about kolo or pvp in general. Ogrine prices are lowering as well, so it's odd to hear this.

Quite a few things changed with the last major update in regards to character classes, more notably roles in both primary, secondary, and in some cases a new never-before-seen tertiary role. There was an effort made in one of the subsequent update to balance these new spells, roles, and mechanics but was met with outrage from all the communities. Stuff about Ankama not understanding anything and not communicating with its player base and so on. I think the majority of the outrage came from people who mostly pvp but there was quite a bit of outrage from the pvm people too.

It's all very complicated but from what I gather being a very casual Dofus player mind you, but active on the various forums. The main group who primarily kolo/pvp and stress party structures and character roles are upset over the competitive nature of the update and another group who primarily pvm are worried about certain classes roles and mechanics being ruined.

If I got any or all of this wrong, anyone feel free to correct me.

• Like 1

I think their biggest mistake is to add too much stuff too fast, players don't have time to adjust to all of this at such short time frames.

A futile example would be the new graphics, it looks cool yea but was it necessary? Haven bags, seriously ?

I kinda quit dofus for a few months and now that I'm back, tbh I can't even recognize what players are wearing in their characters anymore, due I guess to the huge amount of new items popping up without real necessity.

If they didn't "Waste" so much money adding useless stuff to the game and having to pay multiple game-development teams, perhaps subscriptions would be cheaper ?

Jesus! I'm truly a "vintage" player but damn I miss 1.29 and early 2.0 simplicity. It was simple and juicy, and you didn't run out of things to do even back then where "there wasn't much to do" compared to now.

Edited by TheLuMMo
  • Like 2

So, I assume ankama have lost 100,000 players since January of 2017? Looking at that realistically it's not THAT bad, I think this is a case of;

A. Server merges causing a large amount of retiree's to log back in to dofus to see what all the fuss is about, p2p'ing for a month only to realize that not an awful lot had changed.

B. Server merges causing kamas farming sites to not require as many bots, for example instead of having 100 bots on each server, they now only need that figure on one server which is made up of 8-10 different servers. 

C. The lack of progress of REAL content, the players aren't really getting what they wanted and are instead being frustrated with what ankama are working on and releasing. 

Player A - "we want kolo achievements! 

Ankama - Here, buy some rare/collectable items from our shop, only £50! 

Player B - make dungeons not so mechanical/rely on a handful of classes to be able to acquire the win

Ankama - Here, have 15 sacrier revamps in 4 months, to top that off we're also releasing more equipment in game with exactly the same stats as previous equipment! (I mean seriously there's still only one end game agi/Cha ring and it's not even level 200?)  

D. DOFUS having great ideas but not exucuting them well and leaving players frustrated. Again, for example the idea of alliances and king of  the hill sounds great, looks extremely fun and interesting, PvP filled with the chance to show off what your alliance and guild are made of, until you actually partake and realise that you're sitting on a map for 30 minutes only to have the prism vulned again straight after you've won that area. The lack of real reward from koth and alliances just leaves the activity pointless. Alliances are a great foundation for ankama to work off (alliance levels, alliance shops, costumes, alliance pets, pre-planned alliance battles etc, etc) 

E. Monoaccount servers reducing the amount of players significantly due to the players using one account instead of up to 8, DUH!?

Overall if ankama actually want their game to thrive, it will, but only if they put more focus on to one game, give the large majority of their player base what they want, something to work with and look forward to. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tezar said:

So, I assume ankama have lost 100,000 players since January of 2017?

i think he was talking January 2018, so 100.000 account in 2 months is really big.. 

they really need to adapt to the market and make the game ftp.. at least like wakfu... (ftp, sub only for extra stuff like exp, drop, consumable, esterior things.. and another sub for the "hero system" plus a lot of stuff that a player can buy with euro/ogrin)

but they need to stop wasting money on frivulous things and focus on making dofus ftp... i think a lot of player would retourn and play more relaxing without thinking or working only for the sub....

• Like 1