• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
bahun

The Hero of Plants X Veriun Dead Quest

Does anyone have any tips to give in order to win this fight?As it stands,i see no way to beat it

If I buff the roses with necrotick,they go all kamikaze and die quickly

If I buff que wildflowers,there is not enough damage to kill and most of the time they don't get the line of sight necessary to heal the plants that actually need

Then there is the matter of using necroticks on the veriun dead in order to keep them dead,but most of the time I cant get close to the mobs as the plants have agressive AI and stay next to the monsters that proceed to kill them

So,anyone that has beaten this fight has anything to say?

If you use necrotik in the water buble, it spreads to all enemies around it. Use that to infect 2 or 3 monsters at the same time. Also, everyone that's beaten the quest says the only map that works is the long distance one.

thanks!I eventually got it after 50+ tries,this really is a ridiculous fight though,the plants AI maker it 10x harder than it needs to be.I reckon they will nerf it in the future,but thank you!

On 2/2/2018 at 5:59 PM, ElMatematico said:

If you use necrotik in the water buble, it spreads to all enemies around it. Use that to infect 2 or 3 monsters at the same time. Also, everyone that's beaten the quest says the only map that works is the long distance one.

What do you mean by the water bubble?

16 hours ago, Happida said:

What do you mean by the water bubble?

Pretty sure he means the Strangloot (blue mob in the fight)

Edited by Veldin

Yes, I didn't know its English name. It spreads necrotik but doesn't reset its cooldown to 1 like when you target the flowers.

• Like 1

Ah, cool.

2 hours ago, ElMatematico said:

Yes, I didn't know its English name. It spreads necrotik but doesn't reset its cooldown to 1 like when you target the flowers.

Also casting spell a second time on the Strangloot doesn't spread Necro 

I guess it's time to bump this thread up as I'm completely stuck. I elaborate on my difficulties with this fight at the end of this thread if any gracious soul wants to have a look but the gist is:

-I have to necro basically every player in the fight except for the useless dandelions.

-Blue gloot doesn't necro other enemies even when I necro it.

-Roses keep suiciding

-Impossible for me to necro allies, necro enemies, keep monsters at bay, hit monsters and survive myself at the same time

Things I've tried

-Upping my ini to 3.5k (as discussed in the aforementioned thread). This helped my footing at the start of the fight but things go to shit eventually either way.

-Wearing Abyssal for 1mp (negligible results)

-Necroing blue gloot (it doesn't necro other allies like everyone keeps on saying, at least for me)

-Keeping allies away from monsters (impossible for 1 character to keep 4 plants away by myself)

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful.

When you necro gloot, enemies near it should be automatically necroed. If that's no happening then it's a bug.

Necroing the sunflowers first helps a lot to keep allies alive, and as long as necroed roses stay alive, enemies should die without you doing much damage. Even if they get revived, they often get killed before doing much. So necroing monsters is low priority, but if gloot has 2 or 3 of them locked you should take advantage of that.

You can swap with the allies before starting fight to make it easier to necro sunflowers first turn, and stop roses from killing themselves early on.

I haven't done the fight as a Sram, but assuming you are one, you could try using the invisibility glyph to help allies stay alive or get out of lock, push/pull them to safety, or even use traps to discourage them from suicide?

Edited by Happida
  • Like 2

Done it on all 4 chars eventually, thanks for the help.

For future reference to anyone who might attempt this:

-Get 3.5k ini to start before the plants play.

-As Happida said, Necro'ing the blue gloot when it is in close proximity (square radius) with other enemies will put said enemies in Necro'd state

-Attack enemies who summon the dead ones, that way there's no need to Necro eventually as they'll all die.

Overall it's a horribly annoying quest but if you study the strategy used by players via YouTube most classes will nail it eventually. Extra tip: Search for the French version of the quest (Le héros de Plantes contre Trépamorts) in YouTube as you'll get more results that way.

• Like 1

i really wonder who the hell comes up with this kind of quest fights? If you'd have control of this plants then it would be ok but their AI is completely fucked up. If a monster has 100 hp left and is necro'd, then these plants sometimes prefer attacking zombie'd crap from range when they have long range invulnerability.

6 hours ago, Topmaster said:

i really wonder who the hell comes up with this kind of quest fights? If you'd have control of this plants then it would be ok but their AI is completely fucked up. If a monster has 100 hp left and is necro'd, then these plants sometimes prefer attacking zombie'd crap from range when they have long range invulnerability.

French scripting op

Figured something very interesting today. My strangloot was standing on the red glyph by zombignis, in front of that dedbomb which is 2 cells away from iop. When i jumped near strangloot and cast necro on it, all the monsters on the red glyph got necro'd right away (4 or 5 monsters).

2ywvont.png

Edited by Topmaster

well, if u necro gloot for the 1st time the gloot will always necro all mobs in a 1 cell square aoe near gloot (bloodbath aoe or axe aoe); the red glyph shouldnt rly matter;

im not sure if it was the case cuz it aint obvious in ur screen, but yeh :^)

or did u mean that all mobs in red glyph got necroed despite not being in 1 cell square aoe? cuz that would be smth new

Edited by Quadro

Yes not very clear on pic since gloot died shortly after ^^ so i've tested it a few times more and apparently it only counts for the zombignis, not the rest of the mobs. So zombignis always receives necro if necro is cast on the gloot when they both stand in the red glyph, no matter his position inside the glyph

Edited by Topmaster

but... if red glyph exists zombignig would be at the center of glyph, and if gloot is in red glyph zombignis would be in 1 cell square aoe from gloot anyway...

hmmmmmmmm

anyway nice find kappa :^)

Edited by Quadro

Cant remember their last placements but yeah something strange happened that made 5 mobs + strangloot go necro (look at fight log) .. 

still got rekt that fight tho cuz necrose decided to charge and end near enemies on previous turns ^^ fk ai

Still have 5 out of 8 chars to go so might make them do it again ill try :)))

Edited by Topmaster
  • Haha 1