• Orange
  • Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Shishkabaab

Is a team required to enjoy the game?

So to begin, I am not new to Dofus, I played a "long" time ago (2007-2012) and really enjoyed the game. But one of the main problems I had with the game was the "requirement" to have a team (usually 8) to be able to do the high end dungeons and what not.  I played a bit on Rushu and then switched over to Shika (because it was free for those first few months) and used to run 4 accounts with a small group of friends of mine. While having 4 accounts was nice and serviceable, it was really difficult to actually move much further in the game if nobody else was online and could assist us. 

I was curious how the game has changed since 2012 and what some of you current players say about it. I am not looking for information regarding new races, dungeons, pvm vs pvp. I am more so looking for advice or information about how the game works for someone who would only play 1 account, vs someone who would run 8. Can you farm, level up and get good items reasonably without a team? Or is it a struggle playing by yourself? And if 1 account is too little, but 8 is overkill, can you get away with X number of accounts? Any little bit of information would be great. Thanks!

• Like 1

Actually most of dungeons are pretty easy. You can use any team of 4 to run them after the update with variants - it's probably the best and easiest way to do them. Making money in Dofus isn't that hard, you can do daily sufokia quests to get kamas for p2p or farm resources like before (sell or craft gear from it). Single accounters might have a problems to do dungeons. If only you manage to get to a good guild, you will do any of them. 

• Like 1

Heya! Single accounting is still possible, just need a group of friends or guildies that likes to do stuff together. (The Shire is recruiting) ;o

If you really wanna go hardcore on the single account thing, there are mono account servers now. I don't recommend them, though, unless you speak French.

If you just friend some peoples with team i dont think you need your own . i played a lot years single account and i had fun . If you have troubles in some duegons or need some tips you can message me Iwasawa-Loves on echo . 

1 hour ago, Barley Maid said:

Heya! Single accounting is still possible, just need a group of friends or guildies that likes to do stuff together. (The Shire is recruiting) ;o

If you really wanna go hardcore on the single account thing, there are mono account servers now. I don't recommend them, though, unless you speak French.

I can't agree with you about mono account servers. There are many people that speak english that's for sure. I was playing on Fraktail I think? There was even guild from only my country with 30+ online, where on Echo you can find less than 20 on whole server. The only problem might be p2p which you can't buy for ogrines there right?

2 minutes ago, Khai said:

on Echo you can find less than 20 on whole server. 

Not sure how I'm supposed to respond. That's patently ridiculous. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Barley Maid said:

Not sure how I'm supposed to respond. That's patently ridiculous. 

You were on the wrong server most likely.

12 minutes ago, Khai said:

You were on the wrong server most likely.

m8

Either you're the one on the wrong server, orrr you are blind to the chatbox.

• Like 5

I'm not entirely sure when this change was implemented, but I think it might be around the time you quit so I'll just post it. Since an update around 2010-2012 Ankama changed the Dungeons to a "loot based" group. Meaning if you go with 4 characters, you only fight 4 monsters. Making it much easier and more efficient to do everything in game without an 8 man team, but a 4 man team. 

There isn't really a yes or no answer to your question, as everyone has a different opinion about it. Personally I enjoy the game more with a team, or at least more characters available. But that's mainly because all my friends have teams, and I'm used to the "solo" play where I don't have to wait for someone else that plays slow/bad/different. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing with friends, that's still the best. Even if you're just 2 people teaming up. 

• Like 1

As long as you have characters that fit different general purposes (support/hitter/displacement) you should be able to do anything. 

Even me as a pvm amateur am able to do pretty much all dungeons right now. It definitely is way better compared to back in the day.

Edited by TheFook
  • Like 1

I think Enu/Cra makes any team able to do pretty much anything. i ran Iop, Eni, Panda, Elio for a few years and after adding Cra?Enu to the team my dungeon runs have been made a LOT easier. making Enu full Int with 200MP reduction and making Cra omni/crit for pushback and BIG damage has made a huge difference.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobeur said:

I'm not entirely sure when this change was implemented, but I think it might be around the time you quit so I'll just post it. Since an update around 2010-2012 Ankama changed the Dungeons to a "loot based" group. Meaning if you go with 4 characters, you only fight 4 monsters. Making it much easier and more efficient to do everything in game without an 8 man team, but a 4 man team. 

There isn't really a yes or no answer to your question, as everyone has a different opinion about it. Personally I enjoy the game more with a team, or at least more characters available. But that's mainly because all my friends have teams, and I'm used to the "solo" play where I don't have to wait for someone else that plays slow/bad/different. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing with friends, that's still the best. Even if you're just 2 people teaming up. 

Oh thats really interesting. That does make it easier to get to the end game with a lower amount of accounts. I actually was considering going with a 4 man team - Sadida Eca Eni Enu. Sadida and Eca were my two favorites and eni enu for heals and drops (assuming those rolls have not changed). But I do agree with you, it was slightly easier to be able to control all accounts yourself and not have to wait/coordinate with others, even though playing with others did make the game more enjoyable in a different sense.

I'll definitely have to take a more serious look at making a possible come back now. Thanks to all who replied!

12 hours ago, Sommanker said:

m8

Either you're the one on the wrong server, orrr you are blind to the chatbox.

I think u didn't read that there are around 20 people FROM MY COUNTRY.

8 hours ago, Shishkabaab said:

Oh thats really interesting. That does make it easier to get to the end game with a lower amount of accounts. I actually was considering going with a 4 man team - Sadida Eca Eni Enu. Sadida and Eca were my two favorites and eni enu for heals and drops (assuming those rolls have not changed). But I do agree with you, it was slightly easier to be able to control all accounts yourself and not have to wait/coordinate with others, even though playing with others did make the game more enjoyable in a different sense.

I'll definitely have to take a more serious look at making a possible come back now. Thanks to all who replied!

Enu drops have changed after the spell varients, it unfortunately is no longer possible to gain extra drops from the living chest.

I'm loving my CRA/ENU partnership, however there's an issue although it's a minor one. 

That's one of the challenges, Clean Hands, where you need to use indirect damage to kill everything for some of the Dungeon achievements. There's no Dopple at lvl 200 now and the Chafer summon is just brain dead so it can be a pain, so much so that I just switched a lvl 101 Feca on an account to an Osa.

Don't forget either that with a sidekick each you have a 4 man party taking on 4 monsters in a dungeon.

Welcome back and have fun, don't stress about team size just enjoy. 

18 minutes ago, Im-Drago said:

I'm loving my CRA/ENU partnership, however there's an issue although it's a minor one. 

That's one of the challenges, Clean Hands, where you need to use indirect damage to kill everything for some of the Dungeon achievements. There's no Dopple at lvl 200 now and the Chafer summon is just brain dead so it can be a pain, so much so that I just switched a lvl 101 Feca on an account to an Osa.

Don't forget either that with a sidekick each you have a 4 man party taking on 4 monsters in a dungeon.

Welcome back and have fun, don't stress about team size just enjoy. 

you can still use Enu's chest, Poisoned Arrow

Edited by winged-one

I just tried that in Bulbi, for some reason Poison didn't work so it was taking forever so I left.

nice 100% neu res of bulbush vs poison arrow

what about other summons apart from dopple like arachnee, living spade, living chest?

what about pushback aka lashing arrow, release?

@Quadrotumblr_inline_mvu0efJdpX1sqzm64.gif

Edited by Animuffin_Rosal

In over 10 years I've never had the Arachnee summon for some reason.

As for the chest I summoned it twice and it died quickly twice, Chafers when they decided to attack the enemy died fast as well. With shovel you have to hope it can get something close to an obstacle to actually do some harm.

Spells, Lashing Retreat etc, if they have less than 200hp you could easily kill them anyway, and you have to somehow get them close to an obstacle as well. I have no doubt it's doable, I just don't have the patience to hope for a win while the boss is spamming summons.

Kwakwa is just as bad.... 

oh im sorry i didnt realise u were so much a noo- an oldschooler;

now in order to get clean hand you only need to deal indirect dmg as ur final blow, aka u can still deal direct dmg and then just finish a mob with 1 indirect spell

i wonder how u even play dofus now <:

might as well start reading every single dofus changelog since 2.0 was introduced bruh

Edited by Quadro
  • Like 2

Watch your mouth ребёночек. Drago is an old Shikan meme known for only killing rats 24/7 even after Frigost 1/2 came out. Makes sense that he'd be annoyed about indirect damage... it used to be easy because he only used to cast PW, EQ and Sylvan vs rats. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Im-Drago said:

In over 10 years I've never had the Arachnee summon for some reason..

... "some reason"

Osa ftw :)

BTW, I know it's only the final blow that counts.

I haven't played for the thick end of 5 years either..

Edited by Im-Drago

4 hours ago, ЯeveЯt said:

... "some reason"

I was a Sadida, I had more than enough summons.

So how about you go fuck yourself and answer the op instead of just having another pop at me?

• Like 1