Barley Maid

Gauge of interest

Hmm?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Roleplay in Dofus

• Yes
    • No
    • How me a dog learned English?

I know that the French community had some roleplayers, which sparked the existence of some sorta mercenary faction.

Any english speakers interested in roleplay? Or am I hunting unicorns?

but unicorns exist?

3u5LrdG.png

ok jk it's unikrons that exist

not only mercenary required a roleplaying interest from players, it was also necessary for a game master from ankama side to take part in it and control the process;

but we all know ankama constantly lacks dem human resources + they're lazy asses kk

rip mercenary

• Like 1

Despite having played multiple role-playing games, I don't know what role-playing actually involves in games, so I have no idea if I like it or not, but I'd be willing to try.

I'd like to do roleplaying, but most of the time the proper roleplayer have some annoying rules like "don't acknowledge that this is a game, always talk as your character, never mention anything that isn't explicitly mentioned in-game. That's too limiting, can ruin /g and can be very annoying when talking about updates. How are you gonna discuss those?

"Rumors have it the Gods are teaching us new spells in the next season, your arrows will deal more damage and your dolls will come to life without the need for trees, fellow Twelvian. Visit the Realm of the Unreleased Changes to see the Gods' plans in detail as our rules forbid me from talking about this realm from an outsider's perspective!"?

Or having alternative characters? Most people with teams talk with one main character, the others only rarely have their own personalities.

Edited by Goatee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Goatee said:

I'd like to do roleplaying, but most of the time the proper roleplayer have some annoying rules like "don't acknowledge that this is a game, always talk as your character, never mention anything that isn't explicitly mentioned in-game. That's too limiting, can ruin /g and can be very annoying when talking about updates. How are you gonna discuss those?

Channel chats can always be out of character.

As for your other concerns - I've never been one to be the "fun police", although you are right in that some RPers do take that stance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goatee said:

I'd like to do roleplaying, but most of the time the proper roleplayer have some annoying rules

I think I do roleplay for almost 4 years playing Dofus. I just treat myself as a fabulous and sissy sadida that I am and make fun about other classes when possible... and so I don't reveal real information about me, but when asked where I'm from I tell the truth and say that I ran away from Moon Island when I received a dream message from Sadida himself.

Also, some people think that roleplay is talking in an archaic manner...please, neither the citizens of astrub talk that way

Edited by Viw
  • Like 1

There's that one player who has been playing on-and-off for years as a "pacifist." As in, never ever ever killing monsters and progressing through the game via other means. They've made it quite far, and did a bunch of it before achievements and Almanax came into play. I think the "added challenge" style of roleplay, think Pokemon nuzlockes, would be an interesting thing to do as a group/guild. The idea of super intense roleplaying like the Mercenaries is dated.

• Like 1