• Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Gravestorm

Ilyzaelle (Single Account Server) Information

759320.jpg

In the most recent Gamakna we announced the release of a new type of server is coming in October, a server reserved for people who play just one account at a time. This news has delighted more than a few of you and also raised a lot of questions! 

To help you find information about this new type of server quickly and easily, here’s a summary of the assorted questions and answers that have been posted so far.

Server Concept

This server is for players who only want to play one account at a time. As with the Epic and Heroic server, you will have 5 new character slots on the Monoaccount server for free, and any additional character slot purchased will add an additional Monoaccount server character slot as well.

Release Date and Server Name

Right now, we are planning to release the Monoaccount server on October 17, 2017. As for the name of the server, we’ve asked you to participate in a poll to help choose its name, and you chose: Ilyzaelle!

Restrictions and Access

In order to play on the Monoaccount server, your account must be certified and must be linked to a valid phone number.

It will only be possible to connect to the server with one account per IP address as a time. Please remember that using a VPN/Proxy server when connecting to DOFUS is prohibited by the Terms and Conditions.
We cannot make any exceptions to this 1 connection per IP rule, even for people who live in the same home. 

Community

The Monoaccount server will be open to players from all communities. There will be Community channels for French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and Italian players.

Kama Exchange and Grand Emporium

The Kama Exchange and the Grand Emporium will not be available at the server’s launch. 
They will become available after a period of time that isn’t set yet. The Kama Exchange, when it becomes available, will remain strictly restricted to the monoaccount server at first, so that there can’t be any interaction with the Kama Exchanges of other servers.
Only the gifts from “standard” subscription packs (so for example, the “Zombite” gifts that are available at the moment) will be available via the Emporium. 
If you have older Emporium or subscription gifts waiting in your in-game Gift Interface, you won’t be able to send them to your characters on this new server when it launches. You will have to wait for the Emporium to open to send them.
By extension, that means that Living Items and Mimisymbics will not be available when the server launches. However, services (such as class/name/colour change, etc) will be available.
The Haven-Bag lottery will also be deactivated for the time during which the Emporium will be unavailable.

Transfers

Incoming transfers will not be allowed. This will be a brand new server with its own blooming economy, and incoming transfers would throw it off-balance. However, outgoing transfers will be allowed. 

DOFUS Pets

It will be possible to transfer pets from DOFUS Pets as soon as the server launches.

ISK

The server will be able to access the ISK without any particular modification or restriction.

Moderation

Moderators will of course be present on the server to monitor it. We are currently brainstorming new tools that would help them identify and sanction possible rule-breaking.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Will this server be a seasonal server?

We did discuss the possibility of opening seasonal servers in Gamakna #0, but this particular server will not be seasonal.

Will there be a specific ladder for “pioneers” (first to level X, first to complete X achievements, etc)?

We do not plan to create a ladder of this type. Considering that the server is designed for single accounts, we prefer not to emphasise behaviors that may encourage people to try to find ways around the server’s restrictions. However, we  will be publishing regular updates about the server so you can track your progress as a whole! We may also be bringing back the Master Profession shields!

Will there be any XP/Loot/Star System growth rate bonuses when the server releases?

We have no such plans.

Will the group finding feature return because of this server?

This feature will not be available.

Will low-level craft recipes be revamped for this server?

We are aware that some low-level crafts require high-level resources. However, we have no plans to modify these recipes for the release of the monoaccount server.

Will it be possible to log in using a 4G connection?

Yes, just be careful that your 4G IP isn't shared.

Will Incarnam be instanciated?

Yes.

Edited by Gravestorm
  • Like 3

Probably another server i won't touch since there will probably be   no   or very little english  players on it.  Still   a cool idea i guess..

I am intrigued by this server, the reason why i decided to play Dofus Touch was in the hopes it would be a solo account server, however people started to multi straight away as soon as the Emulators were available. I'm sure people will find a way to multi, but hopefully it won't have a drastic effect on the server. 

Most likely to be French dominated, but there should be a English speaking community i imagine

Main post has been updated, the server will open on October 17th and its name will be Ilyzaelle.

• Like 2

Hi 

I think this is a great idea and my guild will be in on it, we already have a google doc up with who is going what class and prof. It's kinda like Diablo 3 seasons without the seasonal component and I hope it stays that way as seasons would be pointless on Dofus.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LPjEuoPmfCFPPUcMbFvWdoASL8jVo8khOMLFX5TQo6I/edit

If anyone plans on starting up all over again, please pm me on Echo and add your name to the google doc above; we are setting out a game plan at the moment. We will be grinding in parties of 8 to drop our piwi>gobbal>anc>so> end game sets slowly. Join us!

I have a few questions/statements myself:

1. Will browser/virtual machines be able to bypass the mono account restriction? (I know this is illegal but it's bound to be exploited if not taken care of and we need to report anyone doing it as it's just not fair for those who put in the effort to grind solo/with team mates, look i'm pretty fucking sure virtual machines will work given Ankama's shit security). Another question here, what if you had an account under your name that you multilog with say using a virtual machine, do Ankama have a system in place which matches the IDs of the two accounts with the same names online at the same time? Would you get banned despite having different IPs?

2. The group finding feature should be brought back on that server but if not that's cool, community channels work just as well so I guess we can just roll with that.

3. Leaderboards would be cool and appeal to a lot of people; I'm not sure why Ankama don't implement it, being an avid Diablo 3 player I know the game has way more popularity because of it and I was hoping for it reading down until I saw there'd be no such thing :(

4. Mono account could ultimately mean pvp will thrive which is what I want to work towards and be a part of. A community of devoted pvpers who only pvm with friends/guildies when required. Will I quit Echo? No, but i'll be a lot less active. We need to get as many people in on this.

Cheers

Juse- Leader of Seven on Echo

Edited by Juse
  • Like 5

They'll check IP and phone number, it'll be possible to multiaccount if you really want I guess, they did say that they'll add some new things for moderators, so will need to see.

You can make a new phone number for free with Google Voice, so that's not much of a restriction. I don't think there's any feasible way to prevent folks from multiaccounting with minimal investment of time and effort.

nerodos did state somewhere that ankama is preparing some pro af secret counter measures vs abusers and that can't be shared in public

whether they bluff or not is yet to be seen, but here we have 2 scenarios:

1) their protection is actually properly working and no1 can multiacc;

still it's good cuz that's the potential system which can be implemented later for any other server to combat illegal multilogging; also monoacc lovers will finally stop cri af and every1 is happy ^____^

2) they are bluffing, this leads to numerous abusers right at the launch of the server;

still it'd be hella funny: negative comments at forums, ankama project is doomed, ankama gets punished for their own incompetence, pro baguettes laugh at monoaccers who cri af and every1 is happy ^____^

also this would officially prove that no matter what ankama do (or not do hh) multilog system would be bypassed and abused anytime given the opportunity - quite a useful knowledge for thesus hue

ofc in this case i guess ankama'd still ban abusers but on an individual basic only which means some ppl will still multilog if they are unnoticed;

honestly i dunno how they protect heroic server from multilogging in pvp, but i'll humbly assume it's like this 2nd case; banning manually only, no automatic system;

either way i'm really curious how this will turn out to be; personally i rly think it's 2nd case cuz technology is advancing fast while ankama is struggling with available resources and financing so hardly :^) both cases have their benefits which are interesting to look forward to, let's see c:

• Like 3

I'm fairly certain that Ankama have been detecting virtual machines for a few months now... perhaps they were testing the methods that will be used on the new server, although I haven't tried to multi-log, nor really play atm. Several people have messaged me on Skype asking how Ankama could detect multi-logging while using a VM so I'm assuming they have been.

Detecting if something is running in a VM is fairly simple. You will get banned for doing so if Ankama have implemented the most basic detection methods.

Edited by ЯeveЯt
  • Like 1

I might actually come back for this one but haven't decided yet. Having run (and paid for) my 8-character team for years, I eventually just ran out of steam to still find it appealing. It was too much stress. Not having the option to multi may make the game actually more enjoyable again.

18 hours ago, Tagor said:

Not having the option to multi may make the game actually more enjoyable again.

That's exactly why I'll give this a go, and the fact that the game probably changed quite a bit since the last time I played. All we need is a big enough English-speaking guild.

• Like 3

I havent played dofus in a long time and mostly because of the multi accounting thing. I miss playing with other players and enjoying the game will chatting and enjoying it in a group. If this works ill be happy to get back in the game and start fresh to check out all the new stuff!

Looking forward to this.

Edited by Qirt

It's just another server in the normal client, like Heroic or Epic. I don't see why it wouldn't work through Steam.

You'll have to be subscribed though, the server is inaccessible for f2p members.

• Like 1