• Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
wot

WE'RE BUILDING UP STEAM!

Just now, Izmar said:

Hi guys, 

Thanks for the reports about the incorrect items. Those will be fixed ASAP, with our apologies. I can assure you that it was NOT our intention to offer these items for sale.

Please keep letting us know if you find other errors like this, they will be fixed as quickly as possible.

http://forum.dofus.com/en/2-general-discussion/325955-dofus-available-steam?poid=1323171

Edited by Goatee
  • Like 2

Lmao, rhollback inc cuz sabres? nice impression for new players, first day - first rhollback xD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adele said:

The game isn't even available in my region lmao. Guess they don't care about other parts of EU. 

They don't even care about France atm, since it's only available in USA on steam.

Well there ya go, mystery solved. I figured it seemed quite amiss that they'd hand out epic equips like that, lol.

Quite obvious that it was a mistake, come on guys. 

• Like 1

how do people already have achievements like 10x challenge vs a dopple, can you link your normal account to steam?

1 hour ago, Camogie said:

Quite obvious that it was a mistake, come on guys. 

Don't you know that saying "Ankama doesn't plan to make Dofus a p2w game and are prone to mistakes" is against their meta of Ankama being an evil corporation that wants to turn the whole game into a p2w nightmare?

871.gif

50 minutes ago, bobeur said:

how do people already have achievements like 10x challenge vs a dopple, can you link your normal account to steam?

You can link any account to steam. After downloading and clicking play, you will get prompted with two options: 1) Link an account you already own, or 2) Make a new account and link that.

• Like 2

Yeah I actually played witht he steam client and 1) hilariously, the steam overlay applied itself to the uplauncher.. not the actual game window, rofl 2)I didn't get any achievements on steam

(not that I care, just sharing. there are 1400+ achievements, I really couldn't care less if they were on steam)

Edited by Snarkles

If you're on Windows and have Steam installed you can use this link to install and play Dofus on Steam: steam://install/254300
The store isn't working and you shouldn't do anything about that. Also, because of the abnormally high Achievement count, and the fact that you unlock probably more than half of them just by logging in, they have a hard time unlocking probably due to Steam's ratelimits, not sure what the trigger is yet, possibly just waiting a few days.

Edited by Gravestorm

I can confirm downloading Dofus via the above link works ^

However, I ran into an issue where the game decided to log me into Shika and for some odd reason I couldn't switch servers. So like I'm pretty much stuck on Shika atm, every time I press on "change servers" it takes me back to the Shika character menu... ---'

Who cares the game is dying out, better work on the game than work on releasing it on steam, game is totally out of balance and let's not talk about bugs and lag.

1 hour ago, Rayish said:

Who cares the game is dying out, better work on the game than work on releasing it on steam, game is totally out of balance and let's not talk about bugs and lag.

Apparently you care. Why else would you bother responding. 

1. It's dying, so presenting it on the biggest platform is a dumb move?

2. The reason behind the broken balance is a result of them working on it. 

3. Lag and bugs are a result of them working on it.

I don't care for Dofus 2.0 but I'm happy for Ankama and the community with the possibility of expansion in customers. What bad could come of it anyway apart from your broken feelings, right?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Youbutsu said:

I don't care for Dofus 2.0 but I'm happy for Ankama and the community with the possibility of expansion in customers. What bad could come of it anyway apart from your broken feelings, right?

dofus 1.29 MASTER RACE

Hasn't been touched since 2009 and is still has populated servers hue hue hue

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Youbutsu said:

Same bugs existed for few years now, releasing new features which makes the game crash as an example. There no chance what so ever for new players to be intrested in the game when everyone is lvl 200 already and it's really hard to grind upwards when p2p is 1mk. That's my perspective.

Theres much more to talk about but i cba to write a story.

Edited by Rayish

53 minutes ago, Rayish said:

Same bugs existed for few years now, releasing new features which makes the game crash as an example. There no chance what so ever for new players to be intrested in the game when everyone is lvl 200 already and it's really hard to grind upwards when p2p is 1mk. That's my perspective.

Theres much more to talk about but i cba to write a story.

If you cba to write a story, then how can you argument for your thoughts? Its pretty hard to guess what you're after when you write short and negative comments. I'm not sure which bugs you are referring to but I know they aren't that severe (I was online on 2.0 w/o issues just a few days ago).

I started playing on Henual 1.29 last year. The server was launched in 2014 so evidently it is way harder to catch up with, which seems like a "must-be-possible" attitude to be able to enjoy the game from your post. You also don't have the possibility to reset by using ogrines on 1.29 which is tedious at earlier levels. It's 3 times as expensive to scroll and it's way harder to level since you have no frigost, limited items, limited resetting possibilities etcetera. Yet, there I am, enjoying, competing and subscribing 6 characters for real money since ogrines aren't possible.

Now, you might think my post is somewhat biased but that's just because I couldn't be assed to explain my self further and in return you didn't understand it. See what I did?

Okay, lets explain this further.

The thing is, Dofus is not about the grind to level 200. That competition ended 11 years ago. Level 200 it self is extremely easy now and content-wise there are several thousands of other aspects to discover. As for the 1 million kamas to subscribe via ogrines - congratulations, you have a dozen other ways to subscribe as well. Not that 1 million kamas is hard to farm either. Heck, I have absolutely nothing on Echo, yet I'm willing to bet you 100 million kamas that I can get 1 million kamas on a naked character within 1 hour. Want to take this on?

Ok, so lets wrap this up. I'll be assed to explain my self now.

How can I say level 200 and 1 million kamas is easy? Because I know people that are helpful and care (Exactly! Back to your first post). I know people that would help me start up again if I wanted to. The same people would probably even help me level a new character if I asked. I can mention at least 100 different individuals on Dofus 2.0 and 1.29 that would do this for me and I would do it for them. Now, isn't that a community or what? The players make the game and when you find the ones that are welcoming and helpful it becomes a hell of a lot more easier and enjoyable. With the launch on Steam, this population can increase.

I think you've misunderstood what Dofus is about my friend. Oh and don't worry - I already have an answer figured out to your next post.

Edited by Youbutsu
  • Like 6

Thanks for writing your story but i don't really care about how it went for you thru dofus carreer or so, im telling you theres so many problems in the game that are not fixed in a long time and they are releasing new stuff with tons of bugs, other 80% of the dofus players can agree, game has good concept in it but company isn't really good sadly.

Also how is it not hard for a new f2p to get 1mk or even lvlup in f2p area? Farming larvas,gobbals? That way it takes ages and no1 will have time to do that

Edited by Rayish

Oh, bad Ankama for not making it easy for f2p to p2p with in-game currency. What are they thinking? Everybody deserves a free ride even if they are dumb as fuck.

Edited by --VU--
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rayish said:

Thanks for writing your story but i don't really care about how it went for you thru dofus carreer or so, im telling you theres so many problems in the game that are not fixed in a long time and they are releasing new stuff with tons of bugs, other 80% of the dofus players can agree, game has good concept in it but company isn't really good sadly.

Also how is it not hard for a new f2p to get 1mk or even lvlup in f2p area? Farming larvas,gobbals? That way it takes ages and no1 will have time to do that

Ok, you don't care about what others write but you expect people to care what you write. Even though I specified my post after your reasoning, you still didn't understand what I wrote. Can you specify some of these problems that has been around for years? 80% of the players would not agree with you, I promise. It's human nature to focus on negative aspects rather then positive. Conformity sucks. When Ankama does something good, you don't see 100's of posts celebrating them. When they do something bad, you see 100's of posts complaining. This is how it is and if you never heard about this phenomena before I advice you start studying. The fact that there aren't 100 posts of people complaining right now proves you're wrong. I just checked OF. End of discussion. You're highly overestimating your own feelings and that isn't a successful way to go about when trying to make a point. Oh, I've done it in the past as well - so don't take it personal. "The company isn't good" you say. Yet you use their services and still lurk around this forum. Isn't that a funny way to see it? No need to explain your self. I know exactly what you're going through. Double standard sucks and I've done it too. "Don't hate the player, hate the company!"

About your kama dilemma. If 1mk was that easy to farm, then how would Ankama make any money? Hell, how would the average player make an income if kamas wasn't worth anything? The purpose of F2P is to get a feeling for the game. Again, I could take my self as example as I started out as F2P, but you wouldn't be interested in reading that. How about a solution? Did you know you can communicate and share ideas to Ankama directly?

If you want, you can forward one of mine:

Hey Ankama, how about this! What if, when creating a new account - you get an offer of 1 week P2P upon verification by phone of the account? An idea would be to offer this once by number - so that players couldn't abuse this.

Again: The players make the game.

Ps. My vacuum cleaner sucks. I sent letters of complaints to Electrolux. They even gave me a new one, but that one sucked as well. What an awful company. You should see how I rant on and on at their Facebook about this.

Edited by Youbutsu
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, Youbutsu said:

Ok, you don't care about what others write but you expect people to care what you write. Even though I specified my post after your reasoning, you still didn't understand what I wrote. Can you specify some of these problems that has been around for years? 80% of the players would not agree with you, I promise. It's human nature to focus on negative aspects rather then positive. Conformity sucks. When Ankama does something good, you don't see 100's of posts celebrating them. When they do something bad, you see 100's of posts complaining. This is how it is and if you never heard about this phenomena before I advice you start studying. The fact that there aren't 100 posts of people complaining right now proves you're wrong. I just checked OF. End of discussion. You're highly overestimating your own feelings and that isn't a successful way to go about when trying to make a point. Oh, I've done it in the past as well - so don't take it personal. "The company isn't good" you say. Yet you use their services and still lurk around this forum. Isn't that a funny way to see it? No need to explain your self. I know exactly what you're going through. Double standard sucks and I've done it too. "Don't hate the player, hate the company!"

About your kama dilemma. If 1mk was that easy to farm, then how would Ankama make any money? Hell, how would the average player make an income if kamas wasn't worth anything? The purpose of F2P is to get a feeling for the game. Again, I could take my self as example as I started out as F2P, but you wouldn't be interested in reading that. How about a solution? Did you know you can communicate and share ideas to Ankama directly?

If you want, you can forward one of mine:

Hey Ankama, how about this! What if, when creating a new account - you get an offer of 1 week P2P upon verification by phone of the account? An idea would be to offer this once by number - so that players couldn't abuse this.

Again: The players make the game.

Ps. My vacuum cleaner sucks. I sent letters of complaints to Electrolux. They even gave me a new one, but that one sucked as well. What an awful company. You should see how I rant on and on at their Facebook about this.

Let's take the one which has been out since forever, panda cape while in drunk state, they fixed it last patch after so many years and you know how they fixed it? They deleted drunk state appearance.

Do you really thing eveyrone is going to complain about problems on imps? It's not like thats going to change something and get ankamas attention lol so obviously no1 will sit here and complain about what's wrong with the game.

The kama dilemma, how are you going to farm 1mk if you just started from 0, no p2p no items at all. Yeah it's going to take months if you are not going to buy kamas or so.

Takes 2 weeks for support to answer the ticket with a question. Worst support so far.

Edited by Rayish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Youbutsu said:

I think you're missing the point of a vacuum cleaner :laugh:

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Rayish said:

Let's take the one which has been out since forever, panda cape while in drunk state, they fixed it last patch after so many years and you know how they fixed it? They deleted drunk state appearance.

Do you really thing eveyrone is going to complain about problems on imps? It's not like thats going to change something and get ankamas attention lol so obviously no1 will sit here and complain about what's wrong with the game.

The kama dilemma, how are you going to farm 1mk if you just started from 0, no p2p no items at all. Yeah it's going to take months if you are not going to buy kamas or so.

Takes 2 weeks for support to answer the ticket with a question. Worst support so far.

It's becoming pretty obvious what your problems with Ankama are, and I don't think Ankama is at fault. None of the things you listed are in response to my posts.

1. Panda class cape doesn't equal anything close to being unable to play. You even write it's fixed (even though you personally aren't satisfied with the result).

2. I didn't mention imps. I even forwarded a link to "Ask Ankama" at Official Forums where you have the possibility to be heard if you avoid "txt language" as "lol" and "no1".

3. See 2 and read what I wrote about community. It's an MMO. You're supposed to enjoy the game with others - which doesn't mean leeching. More players, more activity. Weird analogy, I know.

You don't even read. You interpret and let your feelings be the base of your arguments. Notice how many likes your posts are getting?
-------------------------------------------------------------

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

I think you're missing the point of a vacuum cleaner :laugh:

I made a comparison to Rayish post, haha. Glad you got it <3.

Edited by Youbutsu
  • Like 2