Lol hey I'm wondering if I shud even play until it's done xd

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1.29 is bad, no 508 

Just a few quick things to add in general response to several repeated comments I've seen on this thread   The 1.29 servers were set subscriber-only last month (before they were opened to th

I feel bad for ankama  ( for once )     - people cry cuz its " unfair " that the latin community gets 1.29 server cuz their pc can barely run tetris    - ankama gives people 1.29 h

Posted Images

I think it already did build a sizable playerbase. I just find it kind of funny that there are many even amateur organizations that can succeed in bringing people a working game server ( see WoW Nostalrius project that had like 20 000 - 30 000 concurrent users at peaks ) for free while Ankama cant even make a server work without problems when they claim it is only half-full and it is a monthly paid service.

• Like 3
adp114.jpg

Ankama released it for you guys... you really have no right to whine about the servers being laggy

• Like 3

defuse the best.png

tezar.png

El-Whisky: jsoost
El-Whisky: u are my idol

I can't even log in, pray4me

joost, send help

Leader of Outer Hell.

57VgdQA.png?1

7yDVRsM.png?2

44 minutes ago, xjoost said:

Ankama released it for you guys... you really have no right to whine about the servers being laggy

If it was free there would be no complaints but since it is a paid service it would have been nice if it worked properly, dont you think?

• Like 2
adp114.jpg

That's the thing, the idea isn't that you subscribe to play Dofus 1.29, making it a paid service.

The idea is that subscribers who play the actual game get the added benefit of being able to go back and re-live how the game was all those years ago.

• Like 2

Lvl 200 (Omega 4x) osa.  Guild: Sunrising (probably relatively temporary?) kicked. -I'm currently inactive. - Alliance: Idk, but usually ends up being CYGNI/Cygnus. rip doesn't exist anymore lol 

With lv 140 rogue as an alt. On Echo (was Shika). Also a noob lv 8x Iop on Wakfu, member of Storm Troopers on Remington (if it still exists, haven't checked in a while)  kicked

Add me on steam (Sommanker) and Battle.net (Sommanker#2834) and Discord (Sommanker#1592). I play a multitude of other games.

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Latest sig update: 23/03/20

Both of u guys have points but I do agree with Ruth but some ppl just like 1.29 more me personally I love both but I do want to enjoy a good server on 1.29 and that's what I paid money for 

I understand that, but that's not the way Ankama intended it, or how they want people to use it.

Lvl 200 (Omega 4x) osa.  Guild: Sunrising (probably relatively temporary?) kicked. -I'm currently inactive. - Alliance: Idk, but usually ends up being CYGNI/Cygnus. rip doesn't exist anymore lol 

With lv 140 rogue as an alt. On Echo (was Shika). Also a noob lv 8x Iop on Wakfu, member of Storm Troopers on Remington (if it still exists, haven't checked in a while)  kicked

Add me on steam (Sommanker) and Battle.net (Sommanker#2834) and Discord (Sommanker#1592). I play a multitude of other games.

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

I know but it's fair if u think about it not everyone will like it but maybe who knows they could just make both or eventually people will come back or just play both and be happy no matter what they are gaining more people and people will respect them more as a company if they do it will bring in more players for the future 

Before reading: If you don't like pot noodles, when reading this, replace them with a food you like. 

Say a supermarket had a loyalty scheme.

If you shop there often and spend $150 a month, you get access to exclusive pot noodles.

This is clearly intended as a reward for loyal customers, who use their shop a lot anyway, and could be an added incentive for others to switch to shopping in this supermarket.

What you're doing is going to this supermarket, paying that $150 a month, throwing away all the stuff you bought with that, to get hold of those exclusive pot noodles.

Then it turns out those pot noodles weren't as nice as you'd had before and/or as you'd expected them to be. That doesn't suddenly make the entire supermarket bad, does it?

What you're intended to do is be like, I like this supermarket, I shop here all the time - oh look, free pot noodles, nice! I get free extra stuff on top of the normal stuff, that's cool.

And if you're a customer switching from another supermarket, or returning, you're not intended to be coming just for those pot noodles. It's an extra incentive - you get extra stuff too! Those other supermarkets don't give me access to older versions of the game (apart from Runescape) to satisfy my nostalgia. And if you really want those pot noodles, then deal with their mediocrity.

I think that makes sense, not sure about the last paragraph though.

EDIT: After re-reading I don't think it conveys my actual feelings very well. Oh well, you get the idea, just don't take it exactly word for word. What I said before probably works better, lol

Edited by Sommanker

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Lol who would throw away free stuff 

Uh, you.

You're the person in that example who is paying the supermarket (Ankama) for Dofus subscription (the $150 a month), disregarding what they bought with that, and just using the exclusive pot noodles (Dofus 1.29 access), and complaining that they aren't quite up to scratch.

Edited by Sommanker
  • Like 3

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

But yes I agree I just think it would be nice to play both a lot of people get done with the new content In 2.0 and maybe would like to play 1.29 when new content comes out not saying I really play a lot but for others maybe :D?

I agree, but you already have that

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

I don't see how you can agree and then continue to argue, let alone arguing hypothetically for someone else??? 1.29 is a free addition to your existing subscription, not a new service. As such Ankama are not at all obligated to service it to the same standards expected of 2.0, let alone run the server at all. 

Classic case of moaning for the sake of moaning. If they removed the subscription you'd be complaining about the horrendous number of bots instead. BE HAPPY FOR ONCE...

• Like 5

Kikn | Blank ⚪

I personally don't like pot noodles, or rob for that matter.

• Like 3

Leader of Outer Hell.

57VgdQA.png?1

7yDVRsM.png?2

Hey, I did mention replacing pot noodles with something you liked if you don't like them.

Personally, I've never eaten them.

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

1 minute ago, Sommanker said:

Hey, I did mention replacing pot noodles with something you liked if you don't like them.

Personally, I've never eaten them.

I've never eaten myself either.

• Like 2

Kikn | Blank ⚪

Rob is made of pot noodles!?

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

15 minutes ago, Rob said:

I don't see how you can agree and then continue to argue, let alone arguing hypothetically for someone else??? 1.29 is a free addition to your existing subscription, not a new service. As such Ankama are not at all obligated to service it to the same standards expected of 2.0, let alone run the server at all. 

Classic case of moaning for the sake of moaning. If they removed the subscription you'd be complaining about the horrendous number of bots instead. BE HAPPY FOR ONCE...

Rob for Pot noodles 2016! 

MAKE THE SUPERMARKET GREAT AGAIN

also hi rob big fan 

• Like 2

ivantsig_by_arisoune-d7idjsp.gif

w98mMBO.png

KAxBKgo.png

Complaining ? I'm not the one who made the servers but it's fair to fix lag if they let us play and some people just want to play 1.29 I don't see how that makes me complain lol

Complaining would me asking for updates for 1.29 rather then just one simple thing that makes sense