Jump to content
  • Imps Blue
  • Imps Green
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Sky
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
CAFATT

Osamodas Revamp

Recommended Posts

Not sure how 1.3k self heals can be seen as ''meh'' q.q

 

As far as i'm aware Osa revamp's made them extremely, ridiculously, tremendously and immensely monumental compared to what they used to be, put a decent set on it and away you go. as for heal wand/bow support build, why would this no longer be viable? as far as I'm concerned Osa's will always be a backseat class who throws a few summons out and continues to heal/buff allies/summons. The new summons seem OP as shit and are probably more useful than most non-200 players/FED members. Quit complaining, your class is no longer a spam buff/wyrm ubwitching cawwot class with no self survival.

  • Like 5

Leader of Outer Hell.

57VgdQA.png?1

7yDVRsM.png?2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man that heal is comparable to sadis, it's gonn be top cancer in pvp

  • Like 1

6qNldD0.png

Spoiler

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

bkhYCWb.png

XWF3kJF.png

Spoiler

:^))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

JMnAphG.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tezar said:

Not sure how 1.3k self heals can be seen as ''meh'' q.q

 

As far as i'm aware Osa revamp's made them extremely, ridiculously, tremendously and immensely monumental compared to what they used to be, put a decent set on it and away you go. as for heal wand/bow support build, why would this no longer be viable? as far as I'm concerned Osa's will always be a backseat class who throws a few summons out and continues to heal/buff allies/summons. The new summons seem OP as shit and are probably more useful than most non-200 players/FED members. Quit complaining, your class is no longer a spam buff/wyrm ubwitching cawwot class with no self survival.

 

 

With 6 AP (+Power +MP +AP) you used to be able to create a monster iop/eca /hitter who you would keep supporting by trying to keep him alive and throwing buffs on him for the duration of the match as he wreaks havoc since a simple osa wasn't really able to do that.

Now u need 6 AP just to give this hitter on your team MP and AP and you dont even have the option to power them up anymore as high energy shot only works on summons now. 

 

But alright alright, for the lack of power in buffing we now have stronger summons with more dmg right? Only downside is that now you need to kill one of them everytime you want to heal, escape, or link with a certain summon family. And since you can only summon one type of family per turn now you wont have much summons left past turn 4 on average if you ask me. At this point most (PvP) fights have gone to complete chaos with most of the time multiple enemy's trying to focus you or a teammate, which will force you to let's say summon a podgy tofu to push them away or a black gobb to apply gravity. After doing this you've already lost the ability to let's say summon a (rather) useless tofu as an int osa which you can use to heal you and ur buddies up or to swap with. Next turn you will be able to do so however, but if you want to get the +heals from the animal link and heal in the same turn then you're forced to sacrifice your most valuable summon as an int osa (Red Wyrm) which will leave you with literally no extra damage. None from +Power buffs and no extra damage from summons.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The-Created said:

 

 

With 6 AP (+Power +MP +AP) you used to be able to create a monster iop/eca /hitter who you would keep supporting by trying to keep him alive and throwing buffs on him for the duration of the match as he wreaks havoc since a simple osa wasn't really able to do that.

Now u need 6 AP just to give this hitter on your team MP and AP and you dont even have the option to power them up anymore as high energy shot only works on summons now. 

 

But alright alright, for the lack of power in buffing we now have stronger summons with more dmg right? Only downside is that now you need to kill one of them everytime you want to heal, escape, or link with a certain summon family. And since you can only summon one type of family per turn now you wont have much summons left past turn 4 on average if you ask me. At this point most (PvP) fights have gone to complete chaos with most of the time multiple enemy's trying to focus you or a teammate, which will force you to let's say summon a podgy tofu to push them away or a black gobb to apply gravity. After doing this you've already lost the ability to let's say summon a (rather) useless tofu as an int osa which you can use to heal you and ur buddies up or to swap with. Next turn you will be able to do so however, but if you want to get the +heals from the animal link and heal in the same turn then you're forced to sacrifice your most valuable summon as an int osa (Red Wyrm) which will leave you with literally no extra damage. None from +Power buffs and no extra damage from summons.

 

 

Sorry all i heard was ''this class isn't overpowered enough for me to win every fight'' You're also basing your facts off the fact that you'll be locked/needing to heal every turn/killing off a summon every turn, lets say you summon even 1 a turn, and have to kill 1 off every other turn for 1k+ heals which doesn't even apply the unhealable state, you'll still have a ridiculously useful summon left in the fight which isn't only hard to kill off and would most likely take an Iop or such at least a turn to kill it. Compared to what a lot of other classes can do, Osa's are now insanely ridiculous. You need to see from other classes point of view, such as ''okay it's taken a damage dealer a whole turn to kill off this meatshield'' rather than ''okay I've just wasted [insert summon cost here] for it to be killed straight away'' That's even if it is killed off and not left in play for you to build upon, the hp boost is crazy from what I've seen. The whole point of the revamp was to allow Osa's to BE an ACTUAL class and not a class which has 6 spells on it's spellbar and all it takes is to spam hotkeys on a specific target and then occasionally summon wyrmling and pray it doesnt unbewitch something ridiculous.

Edited by Tezar
  • Like 7

Leader of Outer Hell.

57VgdQA.png?1

7yDVRsM.png?2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do have a good point on them actually making Osa more 'an actual class' as being a buff-bot does make the game pretty repetitive but don't you think that you're too reliant on summons as an osa for them to make so many spells interact with them and then set a 1 family per turn limit? It just seems to me that it will play out negative and remove a lot of dynamic from these matches with osa's in them. Like I said earlier, the pushback/gravity combo that osa's used to have was a game changer if played right so now I'm just hoping that the mobility from switching positions with ur summons will make up for that.

 

But don't get me wrong, the new AoE heals and whip are more then great but I just think that they shouldn't go with this 1 family per turn limit and just nerf something else to be honest..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tested the new animal healing or whatever it's called. It heals for 65% of a summon's current HP. It has no effect on allied summons or static summons.

White gobball went from 1200 HP to 900.

Black gobball went from 900 to 750 HP.

Black tofu went from 450 to 360 HP.

High energy shot now lasts 3 turns as announced, but the cooldown is back to 4 turns.

Yes, you can heal 1345 in AoE with animal healing, it's just a 12 AP combo with 4 cooldown: white gobball, high energy shot, earth spell that raises vit by 30% and animal healing. The highest healing combo would be using chaferfu lancer, 2332 HP healed.

Spell description and even previews are bugged/outdated. Fangs/air spell looks like it hasn't changed, but it needs line of sight and has boostable range that doesn't show properly.

Tofus get 30% final damage at the beginning of each turn starting on their second turn.

Controlling a bunch of tofus feels bad. Controlling a bunch of wyrmlings feels good.

The increase in resistances for some summons was 5% on all resistances.

Boths tofus can't lock anything, they are in a state that prevents it (I don't think this happened the last update, but it wasn't like that in the first version of the beta).

 

What I'm finding is that the new osa can do some nice stuff, but it's really inefficient, needing a whole turn worth of AP or multiple turns to setup. Like for example, that 1345 AoE heal costs 12 AP and can only be used fully every 4 turns. Or you could play in tofu mode and keep tofus on your side for map control with their swap spell, but it's slow to build an army with one black tofu per turn. I'm thinking on group PvM by the way, I don't care how OP or bad they're in different types of PvP.

  • Like 1

El-Matematico 200 agi osa

El-Psicologo 200 str/cha zobal

El-Cronologo 200 cha xelor
El-Geologo 200 int sadi
- Rubilax -
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tezar said:

Not sure how 1.3k self heals can be seen as ''meh'' q.q

 

As far as i'm aware Osa revamp's made them extremely, ridiculously, tremendously and immensely monumental compared to what they used to be, put a decent set on it and away you go. as for heal wand/bow support build, why would this no longer be viable? as far as I'm concerned Osa's will always be a backseat class who throws a few summons out and continues to heal/buff allies/summons. The new summons seem OP as shit and are probably more useful than most non-200 players/FED members. Quit complaining, your class is no longer a spam buff/wyrm ubwitching cawwot class with no self survival.

 

18 hours ago, -Siegfried- said:

(Ros)Siegfried casts Animal Healing.
Gobball: -1345 HP (dead).
(Ros)Siegfried: +1345 HP.
(Ros)Siegfried kills Gobball.

 

 

I ate a Gobball with 2070hp, so it's pretty meh imo but oh well w.e

I just want them to fix the restriction bullshit.

 

You didn't understand,my point is that in order to get that 'amg op heal' I had to eat a Gobball with 2070hp.

In order to get that fatty Gobball I spent:

Summoning of Gobball(4ap/3CD) + Fossil(3ap) + High-Energy Shot(3ap/4CD) + Animal Healing(2ap) = 12ap.

 

Keep in mind that I only got that amount of heal because he had full HP,which means if we try to eat a dying summon we won't heal shit,not to mention that none would really sacrifice High-Energy shot for that, I was just trying to show the amount of APs/effort to get that big heal. 

 

People keep saying OP over and over again,but most of those people are saying this because of 1vs1 PvP and this kind of PvP,according Ankama, is no longer relevant when it comes about a revamp,that is not an excuse to keep a class weak.

 

Tofus are OK as well, I don't know why but at first it didn't show them getting the 30% final dmg, but now it does, so I was wrong in that,there was no nerf for Tofus.

 

I'm only disappointed with the fact that we can only summon 1 family of summons per turn,regardless how people see this, it is a BIG restriction for a summoning class, specially now that we are 100% dependent of Summons,but there is time to fix this and hopefully they will.

 

Last thing, no, I will not 'quit complanining' because that's not even what I'm trying to do here, but simply point out what I like/dislike,just like the other Osas here I believe. I'm happy that Osas are getting a revamp,if you go through my posts you'll see that I never said anything like: damn,they fucked my class,Imma quit this shit'.

 

 

Edited by -Siegfried-
Typo
  • Like 5

SGP31vS.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that an AoE heal? Seems like osas have the whole lot now. 

 

Can't be locked. Can heal. Can push back an outrageous amount of cells. Can "tele"/transposition, do insane amounts of damage. Unbewitch. Apply gravity state. Lock. 

 

Summons ARE harder to kill. What's more is that you can summon 2 per turn. It'd take most classes a whole turn to kill off one summon. The osa remains untouched and can summon two more OP monsters. Repeat that until your sorry opponent is up against 8 summons, suffering 1-2k damage a turn, seeing you getting healed for double that every 3 turns whilst you run away with your 8mp and have a tofu push him back 838393 cells. 

 

I think anyone who's played beta for a even a little while can confirm that any upcoming osa nerfs are very well warranted. 

  • Like 3

Proud owner of: Iyric A nub with potential :)

Previous owner of:

Zeltice (hacked :/)

Syric (on a break)

Visual-Paradox (was semi-owner, owner sold him to foxdie..)

and a bunch of Zeltice like names including (Zeltise, Zeltics, Zeltices, all on the Zeltice account which is hacked and gone for good :<)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

After the first few days of beta I retreated to meditate in the mountains to mentally prepare myself before the cancer that are the new Osas in Kolo hits live servers. They seem to be good at everything and I'm afraid good Osas will be able to utilize their kit to the point where their BS level almost exceeds Sadis. These nerfs seem interesting but it's hard to tell before actually trying it out. Hopefully they are a bit less dumb now even though that kit will give me grey hairs every time I read through it no matter what.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant handle 2 &(*(*& classes... Sadi and osa is to much. Xel is also (*&*&( but they atleast require some skill.


5bnwcg.png

Dennis - SiC - Illusionator - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After class changing from my 200 sram and trying out the Osa in the beta I've realized a few things about the class myself.

 

1) I still don't like Osa and these don't do anything that would make me like them more.

 

2) I would never want to fight one in PVP

 

3) There like Sadida now in that there awesome in PVM but unlike sadida, I wouldn't want to run into one in PVP, ever, under any circumstance... Ever...


Better today than yesterday and better tomorrow than today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, anthonyclark said:

3) There like Sadida now in that there awesome in PVM but unlike sadida, I wouldn't want to run into one in PVP, ever, under any circumstance... Ever...

On what planet is sadida awesome in pvm???


eyjQJde.png?2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iyric said:

Summons ARE harder to kill. What's more is that you can summon 2 per turn. It'd take most classes a whole turn to kill off one summon.

It takes most monsters 1-2 attacks (and most can attack up to 4 times per turn) to kill a summon. You see, this is the problem. It's clear to anybody that the revamped osa is overpowered in PvP, in all the patches of the beta. But they don't bring something special to PvM. The buff aspect was nerfed a lot. The heals are nice but cost high in AP and in sacrificing the more useful summons. In fast fights, osamodas don't really offer anything to help blitz stuff. In long fights what is needed is PM reduction and map control at range, the new osas have some of that but at mid range at most.

 

Can we go back to the support oriented osa? I think the concept of getting buffs from the crackler and the wyrmling was great, it would have been better if that concept was applied to the summon fusion. And they keep having the worst approach to summons with the osa class and only the osa class. They want these short duration buffs for the class, while sadidas got infinite duration self buffing sacrifical doll and infinite duration infected state, enis got infinite duration AP boost, and years before that steamers got infinite duration states and rogues bombs had infinite duration combo bonus. But hey, here's your 2 turns buff that costs 3 AP or your 4 turn duration buffs that requires to sacrifice a summon.

  • Like 5

El-Matematico 200 agi osa

El-Psicologo 200 str/cha zobal

El-Cronologo 200 cha xelor
El-Geologo 200 int sadi
- Rubilax -
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the class is being changed to what it is ment to do, summon shit, osas arent really supposed to be buff bots, they are supposed to be oriented around summons and if you are crying because you cant just sit in the back and buff/toad people you have 2 problems.

1. your a shitty osa

2.you are thinking way to linearly open up your narrow mind, this update is a massive inprovement in every way, the purpose of an osa isnt supposed to be to buff an iop, yes the new heal cost you 12 ap but if you are smart about it you can out heal any class for that ap cost due to the aoe.

 

just stop being ignorant, they know what there doing with the revamp and its a vast inprovement to the class and any one who thinks otherwise is simply narrow minded and affraid of change.

 

 

and the infinite buff thing above me is assinine, things that used to he are gone for a reason, enis dont have an "infinite" ap buff, it can be unbewitched, it has a short cast range and has to be regularly cast, and if coney dies the eni loses its ap buff, just stop.

if sac doll didnt function as it does it would be useless and its realitively dificult to use well

 

were do summons and"infinite buffs" corralate or become the same thing.... they dont

Edited by hazze
  • Like 3

hazze-200 enu

pandarwin-200 panda

anoton-200 sacrier

khalesi-199 iop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ like he said. You're being extremely narrow minded. Do you just want an infinite buff for every summon? Make a brainless class even more so? 

 

I should just go and complain that my masqs 5ap shields is "only" 2 turns and I should have an infinite mp boost when I go into cowardly state. Oh wait, don't osas get "infinite" ap/mp buffs when they fuse? 

 

I don't even know the point of this thread anymore. It just slightly annoys me when people come in saying the class isn't strong enough when it's already insanely OP. Just log into dofus beta and see if anyone has wings up at -1,0 other than rank 8-10 osas. 

 

And you could find other uses for your summons in pvm. God knows they're more useful than most sadida summons (compare gobball with an unbuffable block). Just stop expecting your class to be even more of a face roll than it already is. 

 

It's bad enough we have enis and tree spamming sadidas :). 


Proud owner of: Iyric A nub with potential :)

Previous owner of:

Zeltice (hacked :/)

Syric (on a break)

Visual-Paradox (was semi-owner, owner sold him to foxdie..)

and a bunch of Zeltice like names including (Zeltise, Zeltics, Zeltices, all on the Zeltice account which is hacked and gone for good :<)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im actually kinda excited now if we can control one summon either with the symbosis spell EVERY TURN or multiple summons of same family as fusion. That should make it super useful for pvm. Also, buffs wise, other than power/dmg, the buffs are mostly okay. So I think the fact we can control summons is the difference maker :)

 

I also think osas are now frigging op in pvp/kolo. So I think i'm pretty thrilled about this revamp. 

 

In that sense, i'm an osa who's not complaining?

Edited by Super-Beast
  • Like 2

eyjQJde.png?2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and another thing id like to point out if pvm is the reason your complaining about osas, all classes are equally viable in pvm until you hit a certian point then mabey 6 are "viable" for most content but if you are good and you want to get an osa or anything else through x content you will find a way, a class is as good at pvm as you make it

grantented there are a few that out shine the rest for simplicity sake for epic content aka pandas, iops,rogues,elios, cras ish and enis and most classes dont fall into that catigory but if your creative, and well enough geared anything can work

 

like ffs look at quadro, i personally didnt think sacs in there current state could do anything other than swap, do like 2k damage and then get murdered but apparently you can duo just about anything with them with gypsy magic or whatever he does

Edited by hazze
  • Like 3

hazze-200 enu

pandarwin-200 panda

anoton-200 sacrier

khalesi-199 iop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ElMatematico said:

In fast fights, osamodas don't really offer anything to help blitz stuff. 

This is kinda true but on the other hand you can make up for this by using weapons and controlling your summons. The problem with this is that it seems that osa's will be in wyrm state a lot in pvm (at least that's what I've heared, I haven't had the time to really test the new osa). 

 

To help with the blitzing, is there a way to go back into neutral state on the hit turn so you can do full damage with a weapon or so? Or is this only possible by fusing with a summon of another family?

Edited by Fravanlan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hazze said:

like ffs look at quadro, i personally didnt think sacs in there current state could do anything other than swap, do like 2k damage and then get murdered but apparently you can duo just about anything with them with gypsy magic or whatever he does

awwwwww <333

  • Like 3

6qNldD0.png

Spoiler

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

bkhYCWb.png

XWF3kJF.png

Spoiler

:^))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

JMnAphG.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hazze said:

1. your a shitty osa

2.you are thinking way to linearly open up your narrow mind, this update is a massive inprovement in every way, the purpose of an osa isnt supposed to be to buff an iop, yes the new heal cost you 12 ap but if you are smart about it you can out heal any class for that ap cost due to the aoe.

Being able to buff allies was a huge improvement back in 2008, and I haven't forgotten that. The class couldn't posibly be considered a buff bot until they made the duration of the buffs short and the cooldown shorter and more AP expensive, so you had to recast stuff every turn and spend at least half your AP doing it.

 

And my gripe with infinite buffs and summons that buff the caster/teams is that osas had both and now are being removed, while other classes get that stuff. If they found a way to make summons useful in high level content, why don't apply those notions on the osas? Why keep pushing the concepts that turned the osa from a highly used team support to an unappealing buff bot a few years back?

 

I'm aware that as I and others play more some strategies and combos will come up, but the first impression with the rework is pretty bad (PvM wise), unlike what I got from other recent class revamps.

 

2 hours ago, Fravanlan said:

To help with the blitzing, is there a way to go back into neutral state on the hit turn so you can do full damage with a weapon or so? Or is this only possible by fusing with a summon of another family?

You can remove the states by using the fusion spell on yourself.

  • Like 2

El-Matematico 200 agi osa

El-Psicologo 200 str/cha zobal

El-Cronologo 200 cha xelor
El-Geologo 200 int sadi
- Rubilax -
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hazze said:

and another thing id like to point out if pvm is the reason your complaining about osas, all classes are equally viable in pvm until you hit a certian point then mabey 6 are "viable" for most content but if you are good and you want to get an osa or anything else through x content you will find a way, a class is as good at pvm as you make it

grantented there are a few that out shine the rest for simplicity sake for epic content aka pandas, iops,rogues,elios, cras ish and enis and most classes dont fall into that catigory but if your creative, and well enough geared anything can work

 

like ffs look at quadro, i personally didnt think sacs in there current state could do anything other than swap, do like 2k damage and then get murdered but apparently you can duo just about anything with them with gypsy magic or whatever he does

Quadro is different from the rest of us mortals... :P

  • Like 2

Kiki 💮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question: I was using osa in dragon from to control my dragons. 
I wanted dragon to heal me and in the heal preview I could see a heal of about 700-ish HP. 
Why did I get healed only 340HP? 
I tried a few times, I get healed more or less half of what is shown in the preview. 
Is it a bug?


Kiki 💮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be an NPC named Quadro on next dimension expansion.  Talk with Quadro, give the keys to enter the dungeon. As well Dungeon Bos named Timeless. 

Edited by scrollbusiness
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will the new boss have a mechanic where you have to gamble someone else's vulbis too?

  • Like 4

eyjQJde.png?2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tora said:

I have a question: I was using osa in dragon from to control my dragons. 
I wanted dragon to heal me and in the heal preview I could see a heal of about 700-ish HP. 
Why did I get healed only 340HP? 
I tried a few times, I get healed more or less half of what is shown in the preview. 
Is it a bug?

There are a lot of bugs still. I'd guess that the preview uses your stats instead of the wyrmling's or something like that.

 

Another bug I found, if you are fused with a summon and resurrect one of that same family, you don't control the resurrected summon.


El-Matematico 200 agi osa

El-Psicologo 200 str/cha zobal

El-Cronologo 200 cha xelor
El-Geologo 200 int sadi
- Rubilax -
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...