• Orange
  • Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sommanker

'Taking Orders' & 'Production Secret' - Watchers' Dofus Quests

So, I've been trying to Taking Orders, and have got up to the wave-based fight with the rats (http://dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Taking_Orders?action=edit&section=2).

This fight seems practically impossible. Does anyone have any advice for me that could help? At the moment I can't even take one rat down before the sram and I die.

Production Secret, according to wiki, has a fight similar in difficulty, so advice for that in advance is welcome too.

Pls no 'buy class change potion'

Thanks

And you are doing this on... your Osa likely? If so, did you read this topic:

Production Secret is not as hard as the rat fight. Str build has an advantage here too if you end up using that for the rats, but int can do it too (it's more annoying though). Ranged weapon, get good vit, push things away (especially the big brown boxes), don't die.

Aha! No, I didn't read that.

Is there any way to beat the rat fight when int? I really want to avoid having to stat reset twice and buy a new set when I'm saving for exos and an ochre.

u can borrow str set from sm1 then do the fight w/o resetting stats np c:

Hmm

I'll try and find someone willing to lend me a set ^^

You sure it would be fine without scrolled str and with 300 points into int?

ok as int osa, i can tell you the srambad milirat fight is near impossible playing as osa, so what I did was used Karotz's staff incarnation lvl 50 and played as an gwandpa wabbit. I have 300 base int, and i did not reset to chance for this.  Basically I borrowed a friend's chance set and had like 800 cha/power total, with 75 mp reduction, 11 ap, 6 mp, 6 range, dokoko is also a must.

What inspired me to use it was 

And I can tell you that of the 5 spells available, you will probably never use 2 of them, and the massive teleportation to anywhere on the map, I only used once in the fight. The linear jump spell and the mp raping spell are your two staple spells you must use effectively while abusing the map format to stay away from the los of the monsters.

Do not bother trying to kill the lancer milirats first because they heal every turn. 

Kill the archer ranged milirats first and the black rat as well. Once that is done, it is just a matter of stalling and eroding the lancers over time. I took about 150 turns but ended up only getting hit once or twice.

You may need a couple tries to figure out how to do it but as an int osa, i managed to do it, which made me so happy once i completed it.

Edited by Super-Beast
added, i completed the quest using that.

Ok, thanks a lot for the help, I'll try that first :)

I'll post again once I do it / completely fail several times

as for the chests production secret fight, you will probably need to go str build as i had to. 1000+ str/power is a good start, it depends on the modifier though. Like, for my chests fight, i had cyclic so I went with stilted shovel which was decent life steal. I used whip for its cheap ap cost and nice ranged damage. Summons are important, you need to keep away as long as possible. I would say it is doable as osa but pretty hard. Don't get discouraged, keep trying.

Hey, I'm an int osa aswell. The rats fight went pretty well for me (did it first try) because you can revive the sram without getting the resistance debuff. So I just revived him a few times while hitting/keeping the rats away. If I remember correctly there is a one cell gap you can hide in and block yourself of with cawwot/ summons while crowing the other mobs to dead.

The chest fight was way harder for me, after way too many tries I kinda came close to doing it ( you can take the chest swapping to your advantage) but I still didnt manage to beat it. Eventually I just borowed a pure str set from a friend and the fight became super easy. 4x whip/turn is really strong there. Osa revamp is also coming soon so if you dont want to  restat/borrow gear you could also wait for that.

Ok; I'll try the rat fight again with that in mind I guess.

I haven't even attempted the chest fight yet, so I'll probably try to borrow a str set and if nobody has offered before the revamp, then I'll have waited for that :D

Thanks

Ok, so I did the rat fight REALLY easily with new osa. Me and the sram were on full hp at the end and I he hadn't died lol

The chest fight though...

Anyone have any ideas of how to do that with new osa?

I've tried twice, and each time I managed to get both starting chests to just below half hp before the second wave came.

Edited by Sommanker

I managed to win rats fight as well with new osa :)

Still struggling with chests fight though... The chests that steal your AP and get invulnerable are really annoying.

I tried to go in tofu mode, to keep them away with whip, but without much success.

I will try again!

• Like 1

Try earth osa, since all the monsters should have -earth resis or -neutral resis.

• Like 1

And rely on PoC and weapons then?

I'd need to find someone to lend me a set :/

While most of my experience on those fights comes from when I did it on my panda wich made it really easy to stall by throwing mobs over walls and such, the new osas seems to have a pretty nice stalling potential aswell so I guess there might be some common tactics to use.

If you're still planning on trying the chest fight with a str set, I'd seriously consider using a Guten bow as it is a pretty cheap alternative to the otherwisr pricey Cateye's Bow and offer some pretty sweet damage and healing from afar. Combined with a Dokoko, if you're able to stall well the self sustain is pretty sweet.

Using Guten might not be as useful on new osas tho, since cha is pretty much a useless stat with the new revamp.

Just my 2 cents, as using Guten and going for a hit, heal and run strategy was like night and day when comparing to using my standard omni set on those 2 quests fights.

#lifestealbows4life

I tried the chests fight again, in str set this time.

Didn't go so well :c

The chests that steal AP are a real pain in the ass...

Edit: tried the fight again in int/agi mode... no improvements.

It must be me x)

Edited by Tora

I did it!!! Finally! :D

Agi / Int again :) This time it worked!

• Like 2

What exactly did you do in fight?

I started in tofu mode and whipped the nasty chest that removes AP and switches position away, in the same turn I hit it with Canine twice.

I just tried to keep it as far away as possible.

Same with the second nasty chest in wave 2.

After I switched to dragon mode and with summons killed the rest.

• Like 1

Think  the same strat would work if I was full int?

I am full Int as well, I just used some Agi pieces.

I didn't reset my stats or anything, just changed equipment and brought Agi spells to lvl 6 for the fight.

If I did it, you can do it as well! I'm sure! :)

• Like 1

So I'm now using an air maged eternal wand and a major gymnast for 350agi, and trying to push back + use tofus

I now get the first ap raping swapping one to 50% hp (and no damage on the other one) before the second wave comes.

This is impossible, damnnit

Just now, bobeur said:

get good ^__^

8 minutes ago, Sommanker said:

impossible, damnnit

Remember, if you use summons, keep them far away.

I had podgy tofu close to the back wall, ready in case whip was not enough to push chest.

Better to play safe and use more turns, instead of rushing and have summons too close.

You don't want to give a chance to the nasty chest to swap place!

Focus on the two nasty chests before starting with the others.

You can do it! You can do it!

Edited by Tora
  • Like 1