• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Imps Green
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Echo Smackdown (the 1v1 PvP tournament) is now open for registration until Friday! Click Here

ErisenTheGod

Timeless - goult scam

8 minutes ago, syndo said:

Sorry to get your hopes up but support wont do a single thing in this situation.

Take a look of the Frauds on the official site for yourself.

"Do not entrust just anyone with your items.

If you are lending items, support will not be able to help you if they are stolen.
Take care to only give your items to those you trust, because you will be the only one responsible if there are any problems."

Yes support will do a 'single thing' in this situation, as I mentioned they've ALREADY done it in the past.

I went through a very similar scenario last year with 2 other people as well and they were more than willing to help us.

Besides, we all know for a fact that Ankama themselves don't follow the rules listed on their website so yeah....

I mean it's your choice if you guys want to message them and want to try getting your gear back, it'll be better than sitting on IV and crying about it all day, waiting for Timeless to give a fuck

1 minute ago, Ultimate-Sensation said:

Yes support will do a 'single thing' in this situation, as I mentioned they've ALREADY done it in the past.

I went through a very similar scenario last year with 2 other people as well and they were more than willing to help us.

Besides, we all know for a fact that Ankama themselves don't follow the rules listed on their website so yeah....

I mean it's your choice if you guys want to message them and want to try getting your gear back, it'll be better than sitting on IV and crying about it all day, waiting for Timeless to give a fuck

I am pretty sure most of that gear is long gone by now. hint hint

Everyone's literally posting the same thing now, quite frankly cut out the shitty trolling or the "I told you so" attitude. This whole situation is a mess, I wasn't even effected by it but as you can see we're all losing friends through quitting because of this situation, it's not hard to see that we need to take whatever steps to TRY and get these people their items back. As kissmy said above, people have just gone about their day and pretended like timeless had never done anything wrong after his vulbis scam, if this was any other player he'd be quite literally bullied off any map he entered/over pm's. Yes trusting someone whose scammed before is stupid, but this thread/situation isn't about pointing out people's willingness to help however stupid it may of been, but to see what can be done as a community to try and right this wrong.

Hopefully Izmar can get back to Anj quickly and even if she can't get their items back, hopefully she can offer some compensation or atleast get this scumbag's account banned. 

Ankama will not give back items as they do not duplicate items due to the effect in economy.. as items have already been sold on.

Similar things happened before in other server.. Tahoo on Shika had goult drama and he got nothing 

I sent an email to anakma with all screens, link to this post and Emil saying he did etc just so they would be aware what he did and why you guys won't let the main Xelor play on goult server. Just as i expected they won't do anything about it even though they could but the international server support is quite frankly the laziest support I've found on any game, if this happened on a french server i think it would be quite different.

I would like to at least see Timeless get banned for this just so he couldn't use those items he stole, i know most have bee sold on by now but he would have kept a few.

Hello,

Unfortunately we cannot intervene in cases of scamming which fall under lack of player vigilance.

Only scammers caught in the act by a moderator or an administrator can be penalized.

We invite you to check the basic security rules and to take more care in any future exchanges.

Best regards,

i really dont get how stupid you guys are. arent people able to trade each other on goult server in case give gear to a guy u could trust? 
by all this gear i can see you gave him, havent any of you spoken to eachother of what you gave him since most of this stuff seems like alot of the same gear that will be used in same setups. so maney diffrent exo's lmao.

9 minutes ago, Teign said:

I sent an email to anakma with all screens, link to this post and Emil saying he did etc just so they would be aware what he did and why you guys won't let the main Xelor play on goult server. Just as i expected they won't do anything about it even though they could but the international server support is quite frankly the laziest support I've found on any game, if this happened on a french server i think it would be quite different.

This is where Ankama as a company annoy me, they really haven't progressed as a company to keep up with the game they've produced. I've heard stories of players being hacked or scammed on WOW, and Blizzard's steps to sort the case are to look through the evidence and if the player has a valid case they'll secure the account (if hacked) and then recover what's been lost regardless of whether it's just a scam. Why aren't Ankama able to do this? As Teign says, it's pure laziness on Ankamas part. 

14 hours ago, greninja said:

well this gives reason not to lend gear to goult players, if there so good they should be earning and maging the gear on thier own , i myself am tired of hearing from a certain sacrier o im to op im to op so many ppl trust me with kamas and gear  ( bragging) *cough* phexi but ya hes still good he scammed meh get over it imo 2bk is gone for most ppl , well welcome to reality its a game and always will be and tbh this thread shudnt be this long he scammed , ya  come on guys we know let him be with his 2bk o pardon ur 2bk not like ull be getting it back from him in the first place i myself am not a goult player but he scammed a vulbis but you still chose to trust him your choice no one elses maybe now ull learn not to share gear with other ppl in a game no matter how long you know them for , personally thank goodness i was never scammed was friends with him but after this not like im going to be giving ANYONE and i mean ANYONE gear goult players or otherwise , i advise you all not to do the same sure they need gear for goult if there this good in th efirst place let them earn it make it themselves and not just be given it because theyre a  little good at pvp ~~~~~~~eragon

Lol? firstly I have NO IDEA why ur on this thread I have countless screens proving you're a scammer and could reveal it if I wanted. Secondly im sure everyone knows you're a scammer back from solar. Thirdly I brag to you? is it my fault you bet money on me losing in a kolo and I won zzzzzzzz. Finally I have you enemied on all my chars and you're the same dude who stole my skype picture and name then catfished people pretending to be me rofl.. this was only like a few days ago too, get out my ass and be your own person

no offence but you guys seem pretty stupid to give him all that stuff.  

Edited by Kyffles
removed slur

2 minutes ago, Noo-No said:

no offence but you guys seem pretty retarded to give him all that stuff.  

Gold star for u thanks for ur input

18 minutes ago, Scutes said:

Gold star for u thanks for ur input

He just said the truth, what did u guys expect after giving someone items? You get them back or lose - that's all. 

2 minutes ago, Elyroth said:

He just said the truth, what did u guys expect after giving someone items? You get them back or lose - that's all. 

Sure, he's not wrong, but that doesn't mean it needs to be said.

Same way I can call him an asshole for adding insult to injury - it's just uncalled for.

3 hours ago, Tezar said:

Everyone's literally posting the same thing now, quite frankly cut out the shitty trolling or the "I told you so" attitude. This whole situation is a mess, I wasn't even effected by it but as you can see we're all losing friends through quitting because of this situation, it's not hard to see that we need to take whatever steps to TRY and get these people their items back. As kissmy said above, people have just gone about their day and pretended like timeless had never done anything wrong after his vulbis scam, if this was any other player he'd be quite literally bullied off any map he entered/over pm's. Yes trusting someone whose scammed before is stupid, but this thread/situation isn't about pointing out people's willingness to help however stupid it may of been, but to see what can be done as a community to try and right this wrong.

Hopefully Izmar can get back to Anj quickly and even if she can't get their items back, hopefully she can offer some compensation or atleast get this scumbag's account banned. 

Think of a time in your own life when someone told you "I told you so" -- did it help the situation, or make you resent the person? 

As Adam has said, the "I told you so" attitude is never constructive, in game or irl. 

Those of us who are very trusting people end up losing some things due to naivety -- however, we end up gaining more when it comes to relationships later on -- because we are trustworthy and are willing to trust other people.

In these circumstances, it would be more productive if, as a community, we put our heads together and try to come up with solutions to help ease the impact this situation has had on some of the most kind, generous, and trusting people on our server. 

So let's lay out the facts:

1. The lost gear issue is the biggest issue.  Timeless has most likely has already transferred and sold what he's stolen -- which also means that for Ankama to return the items means anyone who purchased items from Timeless would lose their purchases.  Duplicating the items would lower the item value for both the person scammed and the person who purchased the rare item. 

2. Ankama gives out general statements in support tickets.  This doesn't mean they don't do their own investigating and take action behind the scenes, but it's a necessity that they give out a general statement so people don't flood them with requests like: "Zomygod, he stoled my gob set!  I been scammed!" 

Also, they would not take any kind of restorative action until Timeless' account is perma-banned, or else people could run their own scams on the side, claiming after-the-fact that Timeless stole their gear.

3. Timeless doesn't care how his actions have affected people and doesn't care if he's banned.  As he has said, he's now just around to scam until he quits or is banned.  He doesn't see the players as actual rl "people", but detaches himself and views them more like npc's.  Anything coming from players in game regarding his actions will be ineffective in it's attempt to "sway his conscience".  Any threat of bans coming down from Ankama won't persuade him to change his behavior.

What can we do about the situation?

This is where we need your suggestions.

Imo, initially putting external pressure on Emil to return gear is something that may or may not work, but has to be done asap, before his account is banned.  That's why I suggested that we look at external possibilities.  I'm still willing to help that way if the community decides to pursue external avenues.

Regarding the lost gear -- I have some ideas regarding an event we can do to give some assistance and that might help a few people reconsider their intention to quit over this incident.

Please post any ideas you might have below -- brainstorm -- you don't need to come up with a ton of details, just mention any ideas that come to mind regarding restoring the lost gear.  Thanks!

I don't think anything can be done here so instead of waiting for ideas on how to deal with it, just continue with this thread as a "Timeless Rant". There's actually nothing you or ankama can do in this case because you all willingly traded him your items.

mfw

8735d620e6114bcd8717e7625e423d93.png

Dankest memer xD

2 hours ago, stannyboy said:

i really dont get how stupid you guys are. arent people able to trade each other on goult server in case give gear to a guy u could trust? 
by all this gear i can see you gave him, havent any of you spoken to eachother of what you gave him since most of this stuff seems like alot of the same gear that will be used in same setups. so maney diffrent exo's lmao.

plot twist, you cannot trade or throw any items in goult server or we wouldn't have player with -32 crit res last year.

In french forum when someone propose a system or a shared bank where players can lend/offer items for goult players and make the communauty even more involved for their server, they just get mocked and insulted ... they prefer those incident coming I guess and it doesn't happen with timeless only.

3 hours ago, Free Bowisse said:

Ankama will not give back items as they do not duplicate items due to the effect in economy.. as items have already been sold on.

Similar things happened before in other server.. Tahoo on Shika had goult drama and he got nothing 

Ankama really don't give a fuck about servers economy otherwise they would go after interserver transfers more aggressively. It's easy as fuck to create logs of every account that transfers this way. 

Isn't he also main xel? rip rushu he's just gonna dq his team rip. Potato boy has done it again!

43 minutes ago, Apilot said:

Isn't he also main xel? rip rushu he's just gonna dq his team rip. Potato boy has done it again!

lol pls rosal before getting your hopes up that you might actually do better than rushu this year, there is no way, and it has already been said that we are not going to let timeless represent our server for gout, and well fortunately our sub xelor is very good, maybe infact better than the myth the legend timeless himself

37 minutes ago, Kissmy-Astrub said:

lol pls rosal before getting your hopes up that you might actually do better than rushu this year, there is no way, and it has already been said that we are not going to let timeless represent our server for gout, and well fortunately our sub xelor is very good, maybe infact better than the myth the legend timeless himself

hhhhhh who said that rosal has a chance of doing better than rushu in goult? I'm actually rooting for rushu cus it's the only  international server that has a chance you idiot lol.

4 hours ago, SlutOfAstrub said:

There's actually nothing you or ankama can do in this case because you all willingly traded him your items.

^ this.

Same thing happened on Nehra. Xelor scammed stuff people gave him for goult (another xelor scamming??!?!! coincidence?)

People that got scammed wrote a message via ankabox to new german community manager. She's new to this job and dofus in general so she asked around and gave us this answer (translated by me):

http://forum.dofus.com/de/15-taverne-beim-brummenden-bwork-allgemeine-diskussionen/50518-goulta-teams?poid=278220

"Hey everyone,

i've got a few pms from you about this topic and i'd like to answer to everyone here. I can feel how mad or disappointed you guys are about a certain person (talking about the nehra xelor). That's why i asked around if there is something i can do. No success. We cant step in and thats why we always advice not to lend stuff."

Also, since we made the same idea with trading on the Goult server she said that we should make a topic in the suggestion box. So thats basically the only thing you/we can do. Make a suggestion that 100% isnt going to be implemented any time soon

Hopefully Timeless and the Nehra Xelor change their mind and give the stuff back...

7 hours ago, Phexi said:

Lol? firstly I have NO IDEA why ur on this thread I have countless screens proving you're a scammer and could reveal it if I wanted. Secondly im sure everyone knows you're a scammer back from solar. Thirdly I brag to you? is it my fault you bet money on me losing in a kolo and I won zzzzzzzz. Finally I have you enemied on all my chars and you're the same dude who stole my skype picture and name then catfished people pretending to be me rofl.. this was only like a few days ago too, get out my ass and be your own person

if you do go on post them and i catfish because i was going through a wierd stage , did i message any of your friends ? asking for stuff ? did i ever say o hi im phexi give me items , the plain point of the matter is no and yes people know what i did back on solar what i did was a.did to anyone who had broken game rules 2.anyone who had hacked my friend 3.you brag 24/7 

On 7/20/2016 at 4:04 PM, DarwinianTheEnu said:

Everyone ride to Bauska with me now   B O I Z cus potato boy scammed u once again hhhh.

Is he latvian? lmao... 

____

@Timeless tipisks latvietis ;)

Edited by Adele
why is this a thing

8 hours ago, Elyroth said:

@Dedlaw summed it up quite nicely but my point is this thread shouldn't be a place for people who didn't get scammed to come and act all high and mighty but rather, as Anj said, should be a place to figure out what to do next. 

I I think the scale of items lost makes it a lot harder to get stuff back but has Rushu lost its geared xelor for Goult this year after this cos im confused about what happens now to Timeless' team.