• Banana
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Covex

Unable to write to drive?

Hi,

Downloading the latest update, Dofus has always run fine before, but now the updater declares after computing space "unable to write to drive" I have plenty of space on the drive... so I am confused.

Help?

offandon.jpg

• Like 2

Might be a UAC issue either run dofus as admin or turn the UAC off to get the update installed.

Turn UAC off period its one of the most annoying things on windows.

Also try doing a S.M.A.R.T scan on your HDD unless its just dofus that is being stupid or try full reinstall in another directory/clearing caches etc (learnt that one from Sato).

Got enough space for 3 times as much as the game requires?

U04020091 : Insufficient disk space

Your hard disk does not have enough free space to continue with the installation or update of DOFUS.

The Updater may need up to three times as much space as the size of the game itself in order to carry out updates.

You will need to free up around 3GB to complete the operation.

Thank you all for the advice, I will try your experiments an test for success!

Thank you for the suggestion, got it to work.

• Like 1

Sorry to bump such an old thread.  I just started having this issue on my Mac.  I've got plenty of hard drive space (over 30 gb) and even ran the updater app using "sudo".  Still gives me the same error. Any ideas?

While I am waiting for the zip file to fully download (there's over 30mins left,) I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't do anything.  I still got the same error message.  I then went ahead and trashed the Dofus app and tried to reinstall a new copy.  Now the updater hangs at "Checking for updates..."

Edit:

It finished the download.  Now the updater is giving me the error "Unable to access the update server.  Please check your internet connection."

I moved the unzipped app into the package of the updater app and was able to run the game that way.  It was still unable to update, so I just launched 2 instances of Dofus with the command+2 shortcut.

Edited by Stryder
  • Like 1

Did you run the installer directly in the dmg? You need to copy it to your main disk first (into /Applications or something), otherwise the relative paths are incorrect and it tries to install on the dmg.

Yes, the app was first copied onto my hard drive (either in the Applications folder or the desktop.  I also tried moving it around hoping that might help the updater to work properly, but it didn't.

If you press F3 with the updater in focus, it should show a window with debug and error messages. The latest few lines might help reveal what the cause of the problem is.

The updater decided to magically work a few days ago, I think it was on Sunday evening.  No more errors or "Computing Modifications" taking forever.  Unfortunately I didn't grab a copy of the error diagnostic tool while the error was happening.  I had popped that window open a couple of times, and if I remember correctly, most of the red line errors had to do with Adobe Air.  Not 100% sure though.  If it happens again, I'll definitely copy and share.  Anyway, thanks everyone for the help!