• Orange
  • Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Pokiii

Reporting: Harassers, Bullies, Rude Players

In the Terms of Use, under Article No. 5: Games, 5.3 Rules of Conduct/ Prohibited activities

it specifically says:

5.3.1 You may not use profanity or any language that a reasonable person would find offensive obscene or otherwise improper, as determined by and in their sole discretion. Similarly, you may not display or link to such content. The following are some specific examples of offensive language and content:

• You may not engage in verbal or written attacks against anyone, including other players, Forums participants, Ankama staff, or the Community Team.
  • You may not use hate speech or use the Service to participate in or form organizations, whether or not officially organized, whose ideology is based on or resembles anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-sexual orientation, racist, or sexist philosophies. Further, in order to maintain a fun, positive environment, you may not create posts in the Forums dedicated to real-world politics or religion.

5.3.3 You may not in any way disrupt or interfere, or attempt to disrupt or interfere, with the Service and Games experience of other players or staff, including the disruption of Ankama’s duties, computers, servers and related websites. The following are some specific examples of disruption:

• You may not engage in the following forms of abuse: belittling, harassing, intentionally misleading others, etc.
  • You may not use (or abuse) the Service to harass others by engaging in spamming, spimming or “flooding.” This includes excessive use of the same word, message, character, or other, in attempts to bring unwarranted visibility to your cause or for general annoyance of others. This may also take the form of gibberish or unrelated messaging.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just noticed that a person has already become notorious in my server for his behaviour.. Would reporting him through the support site be a futile gesture? Does anyone know what happens or has anyone ever tried?

I think most people have already put him on ignore and have enemy listed him but i feel like suggesting a better reporting system.. maybe? or an easier one at least? I know that there is an enemy list and an ignore feature for offensive players but maybe add a feature like this:

For example:

>> Right clicking on a players avatar will allow you to report them which will automatically put them on ignore/enemy list. You are then also allowed to choose from a set of preset reasons for the report (verbal harassment, rudeness etc.) and then provide a written context of what the person specifically does to upset you

Anyway, i know it's alot of code for the developers and it's prolli more comfortable for Ankama, if we just go thru support site.. but hey, this is my suggestion.. (im not really hoping for anything tho)

*I wld post screenies of this person but idk if thats even allowed on Imps..

• Like 5

Well I can remember one instance where a dude was calling a couple of players by racial slurs and got banned for a month very swiftly afterwards. Could try contacting a moderator (do they exist anymore?) or support. You'll only lose a few minutes by trying.

As for your suggestion, I don't see a reason to not have a client-side report function other than the amount of troll reports Ankama would get. Maybe it would also /whois and /time automatically, it's kinda funny that they have to require all that info in untouched screenshots. Important info, bad execution.

Edited by Sugared
  • Like 3

Yeah, a built-in reporting feature that gets the whois/time thing automatically, in some form, would be a neat addition. Maybe even make it the only way to report people/behavior, that way, on Ankama's side, they only need to watch tickets coming in from one source. (And trust me, that's a big deal.)

• Like 1

I remember this was suggested in the past several times and people were always against it because people could always just right click on people they didn't like and could "report" them for no reason what so ever.

I still feel like this could be a nice addition to the game though, if the reports were handled properly and efficiently that is (*cough* we need new moderators *cough*).

Edited by Ultimate-Sensation

rip me then pls dont do this they would autoban me :3

can someone tell me why mods have pretty much vanished the past few years?

• Like 2

They're unpaid, (likely) shouted at by salty players & only ever a small amount of people to begin with.

Edited by Sugared

Because over time you realise Ankama has no idea what they're doing when they 'hire' new moderators.

I've always wanted to see more active moderators in the game, but due to french laws, yada yada yada, Ankama can only apparently hire people who are legally allowed to work (even if they're volunteers), which means they're pretty much limited when it comes to who they can actually hire to work for the company.

It kinda sucks because you can easily tell that the current moderators are adults and have either:

a) Lost interest in the game and in general their duties (just like the Zenith)

b) They're just generally busy in real life, due to them being adults and all and hence they can't "moderate" properly (this is why I think many moderators are currently inactive in game).

The system's just a fail in general and it's been like that for years upon years (does anyone else remember the random moderators such as MODllXE'S (his name was something like that lol) who used to literally ban people like fuck over the most random shit ever?)

Like if you're going to hire people to do a certain task (to moderate for example), then at least make sure they do their jobs properly... I'm pretty sure we have more than a handful of people who would be more than happy to moderate the game and would love to make the gaming environment less cancerous for everyone tbf'ed.

Edited by Ultimate-Sensation
  • Like 1

I'll do it, pay me in unlinked ogrines. Fuck it, even linked is fine.

• Like 2

Try getting less butthurt?

• Like 3

if they say something offensive to you, closing your eyes or simply pressing the power button on your computer usually helps. thank me later.

• Like 3

Ok looks like the problem got solved thanks to the previous three posters efforts, is cool

• Like 4

No shit you can just ignore people-everyone knows this... this thread is just someone's suggestion for some sort of in-game report system, why is that so bad? Don't derail it, lol

• Like 1

Because Dofus's player base is already tiny compared to many MMORPG's put that together with a money grab business and you got yourself a problem. Ankama would rather get £50 from a player buying ogrine's over a player being banned and finding another MMO to play ^_^ So rather pointlessly deploying MoDs to clean up servers shit talking players, they simply cut costs and let them sit in the staff room and debate about how they can make the game worse and hope the naughty players leave.

Edited by Tezar
  • Like 1

I understand the position where Pokiii is coming from. Most people on the internet nowadays harass and bully for a stupid reason to feel more superior than others. Many of you pointed out the fact that all you have to do is put the person on enemies list and you never hear from them again; but that doesn't give the bully an excuse to shit talk others and make a toxic environment. MMORPG's like Dofus are meant to bring out the youth side we want to embody and to most of all have a fun social time with others while progressing through the game. Bringing awareness to others is not a crime and shouldn't be looked down upon. Address the issue and find solutions to the problem.

Most people on the internet nowadays harass and bully for a stupid reason to feel more superior than others.

If you don't cut em down how do they grow?

• Like 2

Queerest post I've ever seen... as Assdisturb said

damn i got a new nickname now woooo

• Like 3

If you don't cut em down how do they grow?

They grow through ego, feeling weak so they want to be strong but finding something they don't have, others encouraging the behavior, and finally people that are bystanders and don't do anything to help stand up for others.

A report button would get abused too easily. As others said, just add to enemies/ignore list and your problem is solved unless you get too salty and want to try and stick it to someone who told you to fuck off on an online game.

I don't kolo/pvp/sit at -1,0 so I have no idea what it feels like to deal with 14-year-old brats even though I'm in Rushu but I do know that drama is a waste of time.

• Like 1

I don't kolo/pvp/sit at -1,0 so I have no idea what it feels like to deal with 14-year-old brats even though I'm in Rushu but I do know that drama is a waste of time.

Exactly. Which is why it is important to find the right group of friends, guild members with similar ideals, and to look towards a positive direction.

• Like 1

Honestly this post shows how toxic our petty little community really is, she's suggesting a reasonable feature that other games have and act like it's some sort of terrible crime. Knowing that this useful feature would be abused by people who get off on being trolls is pretty sad, but honestly I understand why people are against it because they know they'd be banned by now if it was in game.

Anyways as a person who spends more time avoiding the community and has more names in my enemies list than friends list, I don't see this feature being added because enemies list is an easy hands off system Ankama can hide behind saying they have a way to deal with the harassment already.

• Like 4

The games you are telling have a button to report bots that's it, not for "harassment or insults" Harassment in Dofus is kinda impossible since you can't aggro people with wings down, and yeah people get salty about this thread because in every mmorpg game exists drama which is directly linked to insults or other stuff, if you can't deal with that just play barbies or something else.

[Edit]: If you want to kill a troll, troll it twice, that's what we do in Rushu.

Edited by Baalzebub
  • Like 3

The games you are telling have a button to report bots thats it, not for "harrrasement or insults" Harrasement in dofus is kinda impossible since you cant aggress ppl with wings down, and yeah ppl get salty about this thread because in every mmorpg game exists drama wich are directly liked to insults or other stuff, if you can't deal with that just play barbies or something else.

I'm sure she can deal with it. What she is probably trying to aim at is that harassment is unnecessary for the game and why do it to make other people miserable? I fail to see where the fun is in that despite whether it happens on every game.

Edited by Bochi
  • Like 1

Ignore/Block that's it... whats the big deal...

There is stupid people in every single game [trolls or jsut dickheads], not for adding a feature to Ban will solve the problem... but it could easily be abused by "Puritain people" who gives importance to insults on a online game.