• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Whisperx

Dofus Streaming?

Does anyone know if Dofus has a large enough audience to make a twitch stream viable?

i7HsM4n.png?1

I'm a 10, J in me

Alphabet

Don't @ me

You'll never see me round bare man or gyal

To be honest, it's one of those games which is extremely boring to watch unless viewed at 2x speed atleast. Seen very few moderately successful streams, that too only at peak times. If your sole purpose is to attract viewers, you might have a hard time. But then again, people like to watch girl streamers for the 'content'. If you enjoy streaming, none of this should matter to you. Good luck! :)

• Like 2

But then again, people like to watch girl streamers for the 'content'.

unknown.png

That's so true lmao.

Anyways, if I had to summarize how my DOFUS streaming experience has been over the years, then I'd conclude the following:

• If you're a female gamer on twitch, then you will definitely get a lot of publicity regardless of your gameplay (if you have a webcam/microphone enabled that is).
  • You can really gather up an audience on twitch if you stream DOFUS gameplay regularly. Try not to stream other games on the channel if you're focused on becoming big in the field of streaming DOFUS gameplay, otherwise you'll lose followers (viewers get annoyed when they get emails sent to them stating that you're streaming a game that isn't Dofus).
  • There is plenty of support around if you're confused about anything. There are several people on IV who have a pretty good audience on twitch because of DOFUS alone (Capngoat, WindowDV, Amy/TheFruityloops, Direwolves (back when she used to stream dofus, etc) and many more people).
  • You can really grow your twitch channel easily by streaming yearly events that are not open to the general public such as goultarminator, when I first started streaming on twitch, I used to have like 6/7 regular viewers. During that same exact year, I decided to stream goultarminator and I realised that every single time I streamed, I had around 30-40 regular viewers watching the stream. You can get around 100ish viewers towards the end of the goult season easily, your chat will just be full of people keeks.
  • Do giveaways and try to keep your channel viewers physically/mentally active on your stream. I remember Izmar used to give out codes to twitch streamers so that we could give them to our viewers and shit. It was a pretty good way of actually getting followers on Twitch to be honest (I'm not sure if she's still planning on doing that though).
  • Enjoy the process and don't worry about becoming 'big', let it happen naturally. A good example of someone who really enjoys the process of streaming is LittleAlpha_xo on twitch. She legit grew so effing fast compared to any other DOFUS streamer I've seen in the past (She got like 600+ followers in only a couple of months, which was very impressive to the say the least).

If you have any questions in regards to streaming then I recommend you check out the official DOFUS discord channel.

Many DOFUS streamers chill there on a daily basis (you can find Capngoat, myself, Direwolves, Window and many other DOFUS streamers on there), so we could always help you out if you need anything.

Anywho, good luck ~

Edited by Ultimate-Sensation
  • Like 3

drunk exo streams made me get 60+ viewers :ph34r:

(= every X amount of exo fails = a shot of alcohol) :lol:

good old times

• Like 1

iz7sr8.jpg

Large audience I would say no. Since large would be around 100 viewers which you won't be getting when streaming Dofus. Only a few French Streamers can pull this off.

You have to work really hard to get some viewer base. Start using twitter and tweet every stream to Dofus_EN. Get into the Discord Channel for Dofus and promote. Stream daily to get people to known you.

As Ultimate said Alpha grew really quick as she did the right things. She used a lot of social media. Instagram, twitter, giveaways. She talked a lot with the viewers, did few other games aswell. And is just a very open person in general.

Personality is very important on Streaming, doesnt matter which game, but I feel for Dofus you need to do even harder. Since Dofus is just rather boring to watch. You need to do something special..unique to let people stay and watch you.

Goult is nice to stream but after that your viewerbase will drop insane and it sucks, I personally didnt liked it. People followed you at that time and never came back. Its like a fake confidence boost.

But in general its pretty hard in my opinion to get your name out there for Dofus since there are already quite soem good streamers. And viewers wont move to another streamer easily, for sure if they are active. All these streamers can help you though, with question etc.

So tldr: Its hard to get a big audience and make it viable.

Edited by xDirewolves
  • Like 2

pNp0TVj.png

Proud Member in the dead guild Rosalt and Second in Command of Infinity

Int Eni 199 - Cha Panda 199 - Omni Cra 200 - Agi Sac 200 - Str Iop 200 - Int Elio 17x

Thank You Tawa ^ & Liann v for the art!

19ilwl3.png

unknown.png

If you're a female gamer on twitch, then you will definitely get a lot of publicity regardless of your gameplay (if you have a webcam/microphone enabled that is).

Edited by Zatoishwan
  • Like 1

plezno123.jpg

I guess the next part to find out is how deep dofus players pockets are

i7HsM4n.png?1

I'm a 10, J in me

Alphabet

Don't @ me

You'll never see me round bare man or gyal

For starters, streaming for money is kinda pointless. You'll get bored of low views and no revenue well before you make any headway into streaming. Second regardless of what anyone says, Dofus is hardly worth streaming, Dofus currently has like 30 viewers total while league has 60k, hearthstone has 55k, overwatch 40k, even games like GTAV and Runescape have roughly 5k viewers and this is at 2am EST, these numbers can double or even triple on the weekend.

If you want to grow playing dofus, it's gonna be a tough road ahead, you're better off just picking up a game that's already popular and playing that you'll grow 10x faster.

• Like 2