• Orange
  • Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Mystic-Traveler

LOL I just maged 460 Vitality into Inky veil

A Random guy of my guild said that there's a huge change in smithmagus...

And I was able to put +465 vitality into my inky veil...

WTF?

I mean What's going on here.. All my stuff is % resistance maged
are they increasing just for vitality? or are the exos gonna be useless (the current ones that you have in your stuff) like it's gonna be easier to have +3 or +4% resistance into your set?

Vitality's rune power was decreased and the max vit ou can mage on items increased. The rune power went from 1/4 to 1/5, which means that you can overmage items up to 500 (or 504-505, I always forget how that part works). The only stat that changed is vitality, everything else is the same.

Yup pretty cool

rQOx1Ge.png

^Masterful mage right there :^)

Also (sort of) helps with the issue of increased amount of stats on Ra Vits, since you can still slam a Ra Vit rune at 370 total vitality and it just might work out for you. Instead of being unable to even use the new rune at that point.

Edited by Sugared
  • Like 1

so that means every fkboi will be running around with 5k vit now omg

also rip the old >404 vit items from when life runes were a thing

ra vits are 10 power now right? so 50/100 overmage isnt really unexpected??

http://dofp.la/V9JWx/

why is this 404ing when it clearly works.

jlqVyir.png

lol

im sure higher is doable but im 2 lazy to spend more than 5 mins

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae
  • Like 2

Yup they're 10 power. From 0,25 stat power to 0,2. Pa vit is 3 power instead of 2.5 now too. Nobody cares about regular vit rune.

• Like 2

Yup they're 10 power. From 0,25 stat power to 0,2. Pa vit is 3 power instead of 2.5 now too. Nobody cares about regular vit rune.

and where do you think ra vit runes come from?!? give regular vit runes the love it deserve!

and where do you think ra vit runes come from?!? give regular vit runes the love it deserve!

I thought the stork left them on the doorstep in a cute little basket?

I have no respect for the new rune creation system :^)

I thought the stalk left them on the doorstep in a cute little basket?

But surely the stork left the stalk which left them?

• Like 1

But surely the stork left the stalk which left them?

I think you misquoted me :rolleyes:

Sound interesting :rolleyes:, sacrier up to 10k hp? Make bread consumption great again!

Bread consumption will rise anyway because Word of Altruism got nerfed.

when will this be live on real servers

tomorrow

tomorrow

merci Quadro

welcome to the 6k vit character's world

Still better to have % resis on gear

In my humble opinion it depends on the item and the environment you play in.

For some items it is possible to overmage 100 to 150 vitality, and in most cases you can mage 2-3%(frenchluck4%) resist.

Vit becomes much easier to mage and therefor much more attractive to have.

With items such as Dokoko and more %based/dmg based healing it is favorable to have a high HP count.

An example:

Person A has +6% Earth Resist exo maged on his gears (Belteen(3%) and Inky Veil(3%))

Person A takes 300 damage, aside from his original resist he would reduce 6% from his exo mage, which is 18 damage he reduces with his 6% exo.

Person A takes 282 damage.(not counting his original resist)

Person B has +200vit overmage on his gears (Belteen (100vit) and Inky Veil (100vit)

Person B takes 300 damage, not counting his original resist he will take 300 damage.

Person B takes 300 damage but had 200 vit maged thus compared to person A he only takes 100 damage.

I hope my example make sence.

For me it is al about balance, I'd like to have atleast ~4600 vit with 25% resist on everything without pet/mount/shield/throphy.

Again, just my opinion.

If you disagree, feel free to do so in a respective manner.

Thank you.

• Like 1

In my humble opinion it depends on the item and the environment you play in.

For some items it is possible to overmage 100 to 150 vitality, and in most cases you can mage 2-3%(frenchluck4%) resist.

Vit becomes much easier to mage and therefor much more attractive to have.

With items such as Dokoko and more %based/dmg based healing it is favorable to have a high HP count.

An example:

Person A has +6% Earth Resist exo maged on his gears (Belteen(3%) and Inky Veil(3%))

Person A takes 300 damage, aside from his original resist he would reduce 6% from his exo mage, which is 18 damage he reduces with his 6% exo.

Person A takes 282 damage.(not counting his original resist)

Person B has +200vit overmage on his gears (Belteen (100vit) and Inky Veil (100vit)

Person B takes 300 damage, not counting his original resist he will take 300 damage.

Person B takes 300 damage but had 200 vit maged thus compared to person A he only takes 100 damage.

I hope my example make sence.

For me it is al about balance, I'd like to have atleast ~4600 vit with 25% resist on everything without pet/mount/shield/throphy.

Again, just my opinion.

If you disagree, feel free to do so in a respective manner.

Thank you.

Why not do a calculation of their full vitality seeing as that is how much it would require to kill them?

6% of 4,500 = 270 damage saved

270 damage saved > 200 vitality

• Like 1

For some chars such as masq, sac, maybe elio or new eni; and playstyle (pvp(group/solo) or pvm). Personally i'd prefer much more vit on masq or sac than res in 8loot pvm. Shields and %heals work better in this case than some additional resistances.

For PvM this barely makes any difference, I'll still simply overmage stats onto my chars and not really fussed about vit... Most of my chars have 3.4-4k hp and they survive just fine in the pvm content i do... I prefer to be hitting high with 1.5-1.8k stats on monoelemental chars and 1-1.3k on omni chars

• Like 1

For PvM this barely makes any difference, I'll still simply overmage stats onto my chars and not really fussed about vit... Most of my chars have 3.4-4k hp and they survive just fine in the pvm content i do... I prefer to be hitting high with 1.5-1.8k stats on monoelemental chars and 1-1.3k on omni chars

this is why you haven't done any dimensions you scrub ;D

Resistance overmages are good, but vitality is better.

Remember the fact that resistance overmages covers 1 specefic element, the most popular is earth resistance, which means your enemy has to be str build to benefit from these lets say 6% overmaged resistances.

however vitality makes much more sense imo, you overmage your items with 95-150 (etc, especially in a pvm sense, end up with 4.6-5k vitality, me for an example I made my masqraider reach 5.950 Hp (without peki) I think I overmaged from 600-700 vitality on the complete gear, if I chose fire resistance (which is at 18) I'd have 5.2 hp instead of 5.9 and maybe 26-27 fire res :)

Short: Res overmages covers 1 out of 5 elements,
Vitality benefits you in every single way. + Resistance trophies exists and croums,

I recomend vitality.

Also looking at the new eni for an example it means higher heals, and etc.

Edited by bulgari
  • Like 2

Resistance overmages are good, but vitality is better.

Remember the fact that resistance overmages covers 1 specefic element, the most popular is earth resistance, which means your enemy has to be str build to benefit from these lets say 6% overmaged resistances.

however vitality makes much more sense imo, you overmage your items with 95-150 (etc, especially in a pvm sense, end up with 4.6-5k vitality, me for an example I made my masqraider reach 5.950 Hp (without peki) I think I overmaged from 600-700 vitality on the complete gear, if I chose fire resistance (which is at 18) I'd have 5.2 hp instead of 5.9 and maybe 26-27 fire res :)

Short: Res overmages covers 1 out of 5 elements,

Vitality benefits you in every single way. + Resistance trophies exists and croums,

I recomend vitality.

Also looking at the new eni for an example it means higher heals, and etc.

As been proven over a certain amount of HP (around 4k or 4.4k if I recall) resistance is better. Can't find the thread on JOL atm tough.

• Like 2