• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Kiba

Ban on gambling game advertisement

After discussion within the mod team, we have decided that advertising gambling games will no longer be allowed on Imps Village.

These types of games open up too much risk for players, even if the hosts themselves are trustworthy. A host being trustworthy means nothing when there is a steady stream of impersonators preying on those that aren't paying attention.

It is also a fact that many are risking far more than they really should be while playing these games. This is not the fault of anyone but the betters, obviously, but at the end of the day these games are costing people a lot of kamas and equipment that may or may not even belong entirely to them. High stakes betting of this nature also encourages people to buy kamas with their cash because they're betting all of their in-game wealth. This crosses an ethical line with us, and we believe that Imps Village can no longer passively endorse these games by allowing their continued advertisement here.
Further, these games break the TOS, and we would rather not endorse that either per the Imps Village rules.

For those that wish to continue running these games, obviously we have no power to stop you from doing so. But from here on, you will not be allowed to continue advertising on Imps Village.

• Like 19

rip my plans of getting free vulbis tho xdd

• Like 3

about time ty not sure where this gambling suddenly came from but it can fuk right off

even though it makes great memes xd

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae
  • Like 6

Good decision overall, I wouldn't have heard about it if it weren't for imps tbh. It's a good measure meaning people will still maybe try keeping this rolling in game, but taking off the advertising means less people would get involved, both betters and scammers/impersonators, making it a bit safer.

very good move im not against betting but to many people scam and lose lots of their hard earned kamas

Knew this was coming again. It was getting quite out of hand with all of the impersonators and scammers popping up.

Me and Yarai were going to put a stop to it anyway. Good decision though.

Edited by Zatoishwan
  • Like 4

It's a shame a few individuals have to spoil things because when gambling responsibly, this was good fun.

I created a long post in ''Scammer Registry''. Hopefully it will be approved by MODs. A little explanation for future gamblers.

• Like 1

well Steve you and Yarai made this game so big now that everyone like to start hosting it now, so the question is now when does it stop xD

• Like 1

well Steve you and Yarai made this game so big now that everyone like to start hosting it now, so the question is now when does it stop xD

I hope it stops sooner rather than later. Most of the 'hosts' so far have been scammers trying to gain a quick buck or two.

Edited by Zatoishwan
  • Like 3

Was a stupid idea to begin with just saying xx

• Like 1

"60x2 h/c my fc 200m min"

• Like 2

Gambling was an inside job.

wFAubqO.png

• Like 5

hi i'd like to report u for banning something that is allowed in game ok

not the same thing and betting will go into a market like shop and there is no honor system involved move along

>Mafia Don

>Bans gambling

Bruhhhhh.

Edited by ЯeveЯt
  • Like 3

I don't know what I missed, but I was off the forums for a little while and noticed all these gambling related signatures. xD

Real question though: What about stuff like the somewhat official JoL gambling-ones related to goultarminator and other tournaments?

Real question though: What about stuff like the somewhat official JoL gambling-ones related to goultarminator and other tournaments?

I see no problem with promoting an Ankama-sponsored lottery or betting pool.

Our action above was prompted by the sudden swell of unofficial gambling games which Ankama is very much not a fan of. Hosting those constitutes a bannable offense according to ankama.

With that in mind, I'm curious to see what these pseudo-Ankama-supported pools look like? It seems like supporting those goes against their ban on illegal gambling and lotteries.

• Like 1

It seems like supporting those goes against their ban on illegal gambling and lotteries.

>Bans gambling, adds gambling in next update.

I don't know what I missed, but I was off the forums for a little while and noticed all these gambling related signatures. xD

Long story short : A vulbis was lost in a gamble. That wasn't even that person's vulbis.

Long story short : A vulbis was lost in a gamble. That wasn't even that person's vulbis.

Balls. There's always dumb shit happening with vulbis' around; they bring out the best in people it seems.

• Like 6

Gambling was an inside job.

wFAubqO.png

To be 100% clear, it's not so much the idea of betting that is completely problematic, it's the fact that there is no system to make sure that the people doing the bets don't steal people's money or trick them.

Also, betting with the Community Challenges system will not be based on random numbers, but on your skill as a player - you will be able to bet your friend that they can't beat X monster in Y turns with Z idol score, for example. The stakes will be held by a system while the bet takes place, and there will be no question about whether or not the qualifications for the bet were achieved or not.

The main problem with informal gambling games held by players is that, as we have seen, there is a vast array of potential scams that can result from them. While it is still possible that people may make bets with each other in the new system using other people's money thanks to account sharing,* there should be no problems with impersonation or corruption of participants.

*P.S. Don't share accounts.

not the same thing and betting will go into a market like shop and there is no honor system involved move along

Alternatively.... this. =)

Edited by Izmar
  • Like 5

To be 100% clear, it's not so much the idea of betting that is completely problematic, it's the fact that there is no system to make sure that the people doing the bets don't steal people's money or trick them.

And apparently there still isn't...

• Like 1