• Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Peg

DRAMA THREAD

Good Morning

I would like to suggest that we start a thread where drama can thrive.

I feel if all 'malicious' posts were made on this thread then it would prevent drama in other areas therefore reducing conflict on serious topics. I believe the rules of the thread would have to be that moderators are much less inclined to ban or remove posts from this area.

Just an idea... Thoughts?

General Peg of Home

• Like 3

General feg of home

• Like 1

33mvtl3.png

Leader of the Punishment  

687c7e7351168b3eec023b657114440c.png

Hell no. It would descend into trolling and flames, and it inevitably won't be contained. If you really need to be an asshole, do it somewhere else.

• Like 3

MD93GlO - Imgur.png

Thats a very extremist view of what might happen. On the other hand, do you not think it could be a positive for the site? These "asshole" posts you speak of would be welcome on the thread, and other such posts from other places could be moved over here. I appreciate your opinion, but just as in the world of politics not everyone has the same views or ways of dealing with problems.

I am speaking for those who would motion this idea.

Nope, I learned my lesson from trying to allow people space to vent in that way. It went very badly.

• Like 1

MD93GlO - Imgur.png

Understood, if it's already been trialled with little success then I see no point in pursuing this. It's a shame an idea like this can't be used with respect as mild trolling and 'gloating' etc. can make good fun.

We had this before. It was called the Shika War Room, and it did not end well. This is most definitely a no. Full stop.

• Like 7

Fosss.png

One thing I've learned over years of doing this is that there are a number of people who cannot be trusted to do this responsibly. Those people have the capacity to encourage others to follow suit, and the whole things turns into a massive shitshow. La Madre has been used this way in the past, as have the War Rooms. As Fos pointed out, we tried to be less involved for some time in certain Shika War Room threads, and that ended up in flames.

Why does there need to be a place for malicious posts? It's something that is so depressing about some people on internet communities--the desire to use the anonymity to be as horrible to one another as possible. It's something Kyek never wanted us to foster here and I wholeheartedly agree with that.

We allow for some light ribbing and a little quarreling, but I see absolutely no reason to allow for more than that.

• Like 8

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

Level 12X Sram, God knows what else is going on now. 

Queen Bitch of Imps Village

yes but may i add a huge fact, drama threads get the most views at one time, people love it i remember rushu goult posts having like 20+ people viewing at one time, really no other "normal thread" gets that many views, as much as people say blah blah drama is bad, people love watching it go on, it brings publicity but then again, i understand history repeats itself, it will most likely end badly some people just cant handle it

• Like 1

hornstar_classic_thong.jpg?height=225&wiwe are actively recruiting new members!! we are located on Rushu

http://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/community/directories/guild-pages/4074400002-hornstars

take a look at our guild page, Feel free to pm Me the leader (Kissmy-Astrub) or any of the guilds Second in Commands for more info or invite

^I hate to say it but you're right for once

If we cared about that, we wouldn't moderate this site the way we do. If you want to create a Thunderdome for yourselves elsewhere, go ahead. We don't want that here, even if it means fewer views. This is Kyek's labour of love. This is not a money-making site. The ads and such are used to help off-set the cost of this place. No one on the mod/admin team makes any money from this. We don't care about sacrificing views so as to keep this place from being a shit-flinging arena.

• Like 1

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

Level 12X Sram, God knows what else is going on now. 

Queen Bitch of Imps Village

We had this before. It was called the Shika War Room, and it did not end well. This is most definitely a no. Full stop.

Oh sweet lord I remember the Shika war room 5-6 years ago. There were 2 or 3 full scale drama wars that Admins/Mods had to deal with. Golden days IMO ;)

• Like 2

350401.jpg

ive come to learn that there is drama in everything we do! maybe we can all take some time to sit with a book and phone a loved one because that's really where true happiness lies. that and having a sneaky piece of cake when your significant other isnt looking haha!

• Like 1

bcIKtzE.pngproud grandmother to two beautiful children! i love corresponding to my siblings and friends on the internet and getting cheap deals on ebay. a good trick is to serch for things that people spells wrong! if you are looking for "nice chairs" you can search for "nice chiars" and you can get a bargain.

if you cant handle me at my worst then you dont deserve me at my best!