• Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Hanazyr

Is there any skin mod for dofus?

Hey, I know that there are mimimbysics and live items, but is there any way to change the client in order to make your character, that is using X equipment, to make it look like Y equipment? But changing the client in a way that doesn't benifit you in any way, and only you can see your character changes. is this even possible?

for example I use a nileza cloak, is there a way to make it look like a inky veil, changing the client, and without mimis? thanks!

(i know you will criticize this, but I just want to know if there is this possibility, to test mimis in-game before i even get the items

its doable if you have the appropriate program to decompile and modify certain flash-based files (namely D2O, SWF)

Probably not worth the time though if you've never done it before and dont know what you're looking for

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae

+ risk of getting banned, just tellig ;)

Way back when I remember messing around with the game files to change my character's sprite to anything I wanted. So I became a soft oak among other things. Today, I'd say it's still possible but not worth the trouble, since it's not just a matter of opening a folder and renaming a file.

Won't name names but there was someone on Rushu who changed the invisible enemy file to a visible one :P
IIRC he only got like a 1 month ban. That was an actual harmful way to change the files and he got a slap on the wrist I'm sure changing it around to something as harmless as a different cloak wouldnt be so bad.

• Like 3

Won't name names but there was someone on Rushu who changed the invisible enemy file to a visible one :P

IIRC he only got like a 1 month ban. That was an actual harmful way to change the files and he got a slap on the wrist I'm sure changing it around to something as harmless as a different cloak wouldnt be so bad.

What?! How did they catch him? Lmfao. That's awesome

• Like 2

The current client also detects changes made locally, and will automatically try to update the local client to what they have on the server as soon as the uplauncher is restarted. I assume signatures change once you manually try to change certain content.

• Like 1

I still have my old warning from 2007 when I was swapping out character sprites for fun...

Your DOFUS account ( ) has just received a warning. Be aware that many
warnings can lead to a banishment.
Reason:. Illegally modifying DOFUS Client files
To date, your account has 1 warning and 0 ban.

The Ankama Games Team

Reminder:
After 3 warnings you get a ban, and after 3 bans you are banned for good.
  • Like 1

What?! How did they catch him? Lmfao. That's awesome

You know I'm not 100% sure. I'll pm him on Imps and see if he's up for coming forward and talking about it.

@Thor. What files did you swap around was it also the invisible sprite ones lol?

• Like 1

@Thor. What files did you swap around was it also the invisible sprite ones lol?

There was that one square in the Dopple prism room that invisible people could run behind at a certain angle to make people unable to click on them. I swapped the invis sprite out for a kralove tentacle once or twice for a bit when it started to get on my nerves. It's possible that I got reported, since I remember someone bitching that I shouldn't have been able to attack them there. I didn't keep the files switched for more than a few minutes, once or twice, so I'm not sure if it was somehow detected.

I also had the Cra sprite swapped out for the Nomekop Wodly one for a few weeks, along with some spells switched to random things. Posted a guide on the spell switching here. So maybe they tied back my forum account to my Dofus one, which would be kind of weird.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2016 at 7:11 PM, Sushi- said:

First time logging in here in aaaages but waaaay back, I was banned for a month for changing Osa summon sprites. :x Wasn't invis and didn't display to other people... but still was deemed naughty. :c This was the result.

Supersummon.jpg

• Like 2