• Sky
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal

So there's some information available on some french websites about the monsters in Ecaflipus 200 area but, I couldn't find anything in english and translations are usually not that clarifying.

Can anyone provide some information about these monsters and how to best deal with them?

I'm particularly concerned about how to disable these monsters, so as to minimize their offenses. Things like who should I range rape, if there's triggered effects on the monsters spells etc...

For content of this level, there's usually special tricks to deal with the monsters, so I'm just guessing that it might be true for these as well.

For example, I figured out that when your char is placed in the pacifist state, apparently healing that char will clear the state. I don't know if there's also a way to clear the unhealable state that these enemies can also apply.

I'm currently attempting "The Conqueror" quest fight, defending NPC Kull from 8 monsters from the level 200 area of Ecaflipus.

I figured out that NPC protection is a tricky thing because the dumbass NPC, as usual, has aggressive AI and rushes in to the monsters, often getting surrounded and usually placed in unhealable state so once the monsters start focusing on him, he dies within a turn.

For this particular fight, it's specially annoying, because on top of having to worry about the NPC, you have another obvious "priority" which is to get some distance between you and the monsters to avoid getting crushed in the first or second turns.

I couldn't find any information in english about these monsters, so any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

===================================

= Jammy Jack =

= King Playa =

= Lucky Knight =

= Queen of Fate =

= Soldier of Fortune =

Well, firstly, all of the monsters have an inherent effect called the Wheeturn (or something like that), which is basically a fixed cycling of 1 turn buffs. They will show in their bewitchments in advance, like: 100 critical hits (in 1 turn), 100 dodge (in 2 turns) etc.

Every 3 turns it resets and does the same buffs in the same order again. They trigger basically when a new round starts so a high init unbewitcher can take off this turn's buff (but you will need to do it again next round to take off the following buff). It's advisable you check the upcoming buffs and unbewitch the ones undesirable to your strategy.

The Wheeturn buffs of the monsters in the order they appear:

Soldier of Fortune: 100 crits > 100 dodge > 5 range

King Playa: 2000 shield points > 400 power > 100 crits

Jammy Jack: 100 MP res > 80% damage taken > 100 crits

Lucky Knight: 2 MP > 100 crits > 1000 pushback damage

Queen of Fate (dungeon only): 4 AP > 100 crits > 200 damage

As for the monster spells...

Soldier of Fortune

Has high range spells, damage is not huge (300ish to 400ish damage) but the side effects are nasty. Range reduction is helpful.

The water spell (?? long range, maybe also 12) adds pacifist state, on crit it adds unhealable state instead. The pacifist state can be removed by healing the ally (ending on a cawwot is a great prophylactic measure!), I don't know if the unhealable state can also be removed. Be sure to unbewitch the +crits Wheeturn buff if the unhealable state is a problem.

The fire spell (12 range) takes 3 AP, on crit it unbewitches by 2 turns.

King Playa

Has one ranged and one melee spell, can be range reduced. The direct damage does not appear huge (~400) but each spell also adds a delayed damage (kind of like Rekop, it cannot be unbewitched).

The fire spell is melee range, the delayed damage triggers in 1 turn. The neutral spell is long range, the delayed damage triggers in 2 turns.

Both spell become steal damage if they crit (the delayed damage part does too). Watch out for the power buff on Wheeturn.

Jammy Jack

Nasty mobile critter; no point in reducing range, but taking MP, applying Gravity and avoiding linear are useful. Try to take them out quickly because they'll be in your face pretty soon.

One linear spell that attracts and hits earth, puts the target in "unable to lock" state. One short ranged jump spell (4 range? I don't really know) that does air damage and takes 3 MP in an AoE of 3 around the target cell. Can be cast every turn.

Lucky Knight

Most dangerous monster! Range reduction is pointless, but MP reduction is highly advised. Avoid staying in linear range, and take care of its Wheeturn (2 MP, 100 crits and 1000 pushback damage).

One fire spell is long range (not modifiable) and linear; pushes the target 4 cells and puts them in Gravity, and attracts the Knight towards the target. On a crit hit, the Knight goes unmoveable for a turn.

Another fire spell is melee only but higher damage, also pushes 5 cells and attracts the Knight. On a crit it takes 400 pushback res.

• Like 10

"Eat a bomb, bish!"

200 steampunk cosplay200 panduh200 bomb-themed superhero200 ipop200 red magelots of abandoned 200s

Oh, I figured this was also a good playce to put info on the Atcham/Sham bounty (for some reason the bounty is called Atcham but the monster that spawns is Sham), since I did that some time last weekend. Mind you, basing this off the treasure map version, but it should technically not differ from the dimension spawn except that it may be accompanied by monsters.

So Sham spawns two clones called Ro and Bo. They each have colour-coded icons at their feet (similar to Ush). Sham himself is scissors, Bo is paper, Ro is rock. All of them take the full damage when you hit one of them. However, the catch is that you need to play Rock/Paper/Scissors.

Every round, each character is assigned a random state: Rock, Paper or Scissors (also with icons but I found them really hard to distinguish so better always keep your bewitchments open to check). Based on your current state you must hit the clone you beat, i.e. Paper hits Ro, Scissors hits Bo, Rock hits Sham. If you hit the wrong one, you get the damage reflected back on you and enter Pacifist state (which seems a bit buggy since on my Panda that ran out on its own, but Iop stayed in it the rest of the fight...).

I don't know if range or MP reduction is any useful since I fought it on an extremely close map. The damage is quite high - one spell is ranged (again, no idea how high the range is, I was never more than 4 cells away due to map), hits like 600-800 if my memory serves correctly, and one is melee and hits up to 2000 (that may have been with Greed though). Won this with 2 healbow chars and a Lifesaver, sacrificed 2 chars that were priority targets.

You'll probably have to be careful though if the bounty's in a big Kerub Temple mob.

• Like 2

"Eat a bomb, bish!"

200 steampunk cosplay200 panduh200 bomb-themed superhero200 ipop200 red magelots of abandoned 200s

fought this along with 2 other monsters, but on a fairly big mab so it was quite easy. I'm not sure if range raping helps, but i did along with mp rape and didnt get hit at all while being like 8+ cells away with chars. Enu is highly recommended ;)

~lufa

proud council member of Blank and achievement whore

Finished the Kull NPC fight (The conqueror quest), thanks Ala for the inputs, it was a bit intense.

I suppose I'll also be trying the bounty sometime soon as that and the 200 dungeon are the only things left to do in that dimension now.

The fights in this area are a bit tough, specially big mobs in small maps, getting used to the mobs goes a long way.

By the way, you can also fight the Queen of Fate outside of the dungeon, in the fight alonside Kull for the conqueror quest. It drops mats also.

Edited by Gaspar

Speaking of Atcham, does that Servant of Atcham at [1,-2] ever say anyting helpful? I keep asking it for the position of its master but can't get any reply other than "MRRRGRAAAOURGH!!!"

Speaking of Atcham, does that Servant of Atcham at [1,-2] ever say anyting helpful? I keep asking it for the position of its master but can't get any reply other than "MRRRGRAAAOURGH!!!"

I've been wondering the same, not a single quest in the dimension had anything to do with the servant Edited by Veldin

Good to know. I was already wondering whether it was personal. I remember muttering that the dominant odour of its halitosis reminded me of bat shit.

Catzino(5.5k vit) summons 7 monsters from the lvl 200 area including the dungeon exclusive monster "Queen of fate" ... all the mobs will pass their first turn.... all of your team will have around 20 ap... the mobs catzino summons all have more than normal vit and are immune the first turn of fight.... catzino was immune the whole fight i kept him far and tried to lock with summons (he ate them both but didnt sem to have range to hit me) i tried this fight with only 4 chars (under equiped) so i didnt figure out how to make catzino vuln but i assume if you kill all his summons he should go vuln

lupdao5a9ed.png

Quick question about Catzino, what is the purpose of fighting him?

I've done all the quests in Ecaflipus (just missing the final Catseye dungeon run quest to finish it all) and I know the bounty from the 200 area is Sham (or Atcham) which is the only poster i found in the whole dimension for bounty quests.

So what's with Catzino? I didn't see him featured in any quest for the dimension achievements. Is he an extra bounty? Or what?

you drop a token. you can redeem that token at a lottery machine in the same area you killed catzino. we killed the lvl 160 catzino and got 20 resources from the lvl 160 mobs. 20 per token

• Like 1

For 5 days in a row now  im entering ecaflipus and kill 1 mob in the lvl 200 area.. but this katzino Just doesnt spawn - also im sure nobody else killed him for this period of time because all mobs have 5 Stars.. any hints? Do I have to kill more mobs daily because he has a spawnchance that is not 100% ?

Greetings

On 20/08/2016 at 5:45 PM, Kiritokun said:

[...] in the lvl 200 area.. but this katzino Just doesnt spawn [...]

Check the other areas. There's at most one Catzino in all of Ecaflipus.

On 8/20/2016 at 0:01 PM, archieblacknwhite said:

Are the queen belts included aswell when gaining 20 res per token for 200 lvl Catzino?

They reduced the amount of queen belts to 10, for other mats it's still 20. 

cd2f09e93c47ef2c29b2a825df503859.jpg