• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Tezar

Beware Of Phishing Links - Rushu

[01:35] from Comix: can you help me[01:36] from Comix: i need you to vote for me[01:37] from Comix: let me link u[01:37] from Comix: [http://ow.ly/XrLs1]

I do not wish, neither do i want to know what that links too, I've had history with this person and they're unpleasant to say the least.

So this post is more of a heads up, if any of you are braver than i am and wish to see what lies behind the other side feel free but don't say you weren't warned ^_^

Edit:

I'm a member of a guild with Comix. He had followed a link like mentioned in the post above. So his account was hijacked for a bit with more link spamming. He's got the acct back now, but it wasn't the actual player who was trying to spread the link.

Edited by Kikn
Adjusted topic accordingly, note that player mentioned was not in control of account at the time.

Leader of Outer Hell.

57VgdQA.png?1

7yDVRsM.png?2

It's a shortened link to the classic long link dofus.blah.blah.blach.cz/shitshere

So is it a scamming link, or?

Leader of Outer Hell.

57VgdQA.png?1

7yDVRsM.png?2

yes it probably links you to a login prompt that emulates the one from ankama, as is usual with those sort of links

8adae8781a0a4059a2176ae6534d5911.png

18ebfda2f75c734baf107198cedbd5c4.png

I'm a member of a guild with Comix. He had followed a link like mentioned in the post above. So his account was hijacked for a bit with more link spamming. He's got the acct back now, but it wasn't the actual player who was trying to spread the link.

For those who don't know how the link works...

It's a scam link, but it is safe to open. The idea of the scam is to trick the player into 'logging into his account'.

When opening this link, you're asked for your username and password right away. The scammer has just copied dofus.com CSS/HTML, making the scam site look almost like the original one.

Once you've entered the username and password and clicked 'Log in', the button actually redirects you to the official dofus.com and sends the content of 'username' and 'password' textboxes to his e-mail address.

If you've ever opened this link by accident, don't worry, you're not going to get hacked/scammed unless you've tried 'logging in'.

Its mind blowing how people still fall for this.

Ankama even warns you when you click links in-game, unless it's their own website.

At least that should ring some bells ??..

....Like why would they warn you about their ''own'' website.

• Like 1