• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Seyif

Dofus 3.0 in 3D

Also, Seyif knows French and visits the French forums more than we ever do, so he probably gets the information before we do as well. Spreading hate and giving him a hard time over something that YOU think is fake and/or not real is seriously a mistake from your behalf...

Doubt.

And as said, there is NO topic on JOL (yet) about that 3D. If it would've been spoiled, trust me there would be a topic on it.

Edited by ChicaChicaChicaChicaChica

Doubt.

And as said, there is NO topic on JOL (yet) about that 3D. If it would've been spoiled, trust me there would be a topic on it.

We'll see in the future how it goes. I'll try to inform myself more about this on twitter. I'll try to come back with answers :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1484267015-seyifcarlosdrawing-copie.png

Wakfu and Dofus will be merged into one game by then.

Fin :>

Hi everyone so i got more infos.

Yesterday I asked directly to the youtuber where he got that info and if other people could confirm. He mentioned other people on twitter that I know and they both confirmed since they were in the room. (If you can read french or want me to translate : https://twitter.com/IIKarma41II/status/687404407449874432 )

I found a small topic on the official forum where other people were confirming just.

What I understood more precisely is that it's again a vague project that they are working on. That it might not be pursued like a lot of the things Ankama tried to do and it will take a lot of time if they decide to go that way. So please don't except this to be out in 2019. A lot might change by then and they might even stop this project.

Appart from that it is definitely not a fake and they really did model the Cradle in 3D. -_-

Doubt.

CYSy-_XWMAAaD7u.jpg

06546b1baceef4c5aed5c3b113c351e3.png12cf8b40978d921c28d5e8b50c976ab9.png

from fr dofus streamers who attended dofus day and 1001 tournament

• Like 2

72/100 class changes

29460bc3196b5699de9738ce235621c1.png

Too cartoony , I've always said that dofus needs to appeal more to the older players. This just looks too kidish still.

Squad.png

This just won't work imo. A 3d game with the technical constraints of a 2d isometric game will feel horrible. I hope that this is an entirely new project with 3d controls and real time combat. Then, and only then, would I play it and get excited for it.

• Like 1

Dofus IGN: Linavae 11x

I only play on one character and I hate getting leeched. I'll happily group up with anyone at my level range :3

This just won't work imo. A 3d game with the technical constraints of a 2d isometric game will feel horrible. I hope that this is an entirely new project with 3d controls and real time combat. Then, and only then, would I play it and get excited for it.

Real time combat would ruin what I assume was the appeal of Dofus to many players in the first place - I only started playing this because it was tactical and turn based.

• Like 9

tumblr_maroc5i39P1rho4djo1_500.gif

Real time combat would ruin what I assume was the appeal of Dofus to many players in the first place - I only started playing this because it was tactical and turn based.

I agree. That's why it has to be an entirely new project/game. It would attract new players into the world of twelve, since most people don't like the slow-paced tactical combat. I know because I've asked every friend I have to play this game with me and everyone gets bored within 40 minutes :p

• Like 1

I only play on one character and I hate getting leeched. I'll happily group up with anyone at my level range :3

The only reason why Dofus 2.0 was recieved poorly was because of the huge memory leak issues it had.

And because it looked different and people preferred the old

And because HH removal

And because people loved old music

And because of many other reasons

• Like 3

Lvl 200 (Omega 4x) osa.  Guild: Sunrising (probably relatively temporary?) kicked. -I'm currently inactive. - Alliance: Idk, but usually ends up being CYGNI/Cygnus. rip doesn't exist anymore lol 

With lv 140 rogue as an alt. On Echo (was Shika). Also a noob lv 8x Iop on Wakfu, member of Storm Troopers on Remington (if it still exists, haven't checked in a while)  kicked

Add me on steam (Sommanker) and Battle.net (Sommanker#2834) and Discord (Sommanker#1592). I play a multitude of other games.

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Latest sig update: 23/03/20

Yeah... the transition to 2.0 was really bad. They changed the "feel" of the aesthetic of the game. It just hopehow lost it's old charm. Also, music, night/day transition and class face changes *looks at xelor*, and dragoturkeys.

It would be such a shame if they really went through with abandoning the current, unique graphics style in favor of looking like every other game out there. At least the 1.29->2.0 update maintained the 2D aspect, drawn nicer.

• Like 1

I just want our old 1. 29 explosive bomb animation. Throwing a ball of bomb

• Like 1

2.0 was a downgrade in art. Just compare:

6BPODBw.png

and

Sacrier_female.png

We changed really nice, nice, unique art with bright colours, fan service, and orientalisation of art, looking also more childish in the process.

• Like 4

Avaricia XelorInhutil EnuMutilate SramIracunda EniOrgullosa IopLujuria ElioEnvidioso PandaGulattony Eca

Hmmm Worms 2d was the goat and 3d sucked. I hope this wont be the case for Dofus.

• Like 1

5bnwcg.png

Dennis - SiC - Illusionator - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2.0 was a downgrade in art. Just compare:

6BPODBw.png

and

Sacrier_female.png

We changed really nice, nice, unique art with bright colours, fan service, and orientalisation of art, looking also more childish in the process.

6tGhjuP.png

Yes there was certainly 0 fanservice in 1.29 art. I can cherrypick examples too!

(Also, "orientalization"? Seriously? This is 2016).

Edited by Kiba
  • Like 3

And because it looked different and people preferred the old

And because HH removal

And because people loved old music

And because of many other reasons

I think I actually played 2.0 for much longer than 1.2x. Yet virtually all of my memories are in 1.29 style -- even things that I know happened in 2.0. I still think of my chars as "really" looking like they did in 1.29. Memory is funny that way.

Anyway, I'm glad Ankama is getting this underway now to accommodate the massive influx of new players coming from tablet Dofus! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Yes there was certainly 0 fanservice in 1.29 art. I can cherrypick examples too!

(Also, "orientalization"? Seriously? This is 2016).

Yeah, there was some fanservice. Nowadays every female character is a hypersexualised fanservice drawing. There's a subtle difference between the two. Also, that eca has normal size and shaped breasts, while the new graphics show, well, anime tits. And yeah, orientalization is a thing, whether the world is globalised or not does not erase the fact there's still a different style of art in the US, Europe, or Japan. They clearly wanted to look slightly more animeish, and by doing that they made the characters look both more childish and more sexualised (which is a tad perturbing).

In my opinion, they could've simply improved the in-game graphics and the concept art, keeping their original style, and the game would've looked much better.

• Like 1

Avaricia XelorInhutil EnuMutilate SramIracunda EniOrgullosa IopLujuria ElioEnvidioso PandaGulattony Eca

Hi everyone here with new content !

New pic of the Cradle in 3D :

1453137640-czbl7-rwwaat4ly-png-large.png

It has been posted on Humility's Twitter Account.

And he also made a video about the Dofus Days in Lomme where he talks about everything that has been discussed previously :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH2lmRfW04k

Gonna translate the video later if you want :)

• Like 7

If this shit happens I'ma quit.

• Like 1

tgm3JhY.gif

Zyonde / epidemy-pl

Personally I won't accept anything less than 4D.

• Like 12

Kikn | Blank ⚪

I don't know how much 3D dofus I would like or even play But Dofus definitely need AI update something like wakfu. I think it will attract a lot more players ;)

• Like 1