• Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
bigbadnudist

Black Desert Online (MMORPG)

I found Tera's combat to be really similar to the WoW-style games. I think Vindictus has kind of broken combat in most MMOs for me...Was really hoping that Black Desert would be similar when I first saw it.

I only played Tera for a few months, maxed out my warrior(dual wielding class?) and I remember when casting anything I was forced to stand still. Or maybe I'm confusing that with another game. Guild Wars? Hmmm... As long as the combat is fluid and I'm able to move and cast I'll be happy.

Fluid combat system, beautiful graphics and decent story line is all I need to enjoy this game. If anything else is good about it it'll be a bonus for me! Maybe a PvP system later on when I get used to all the classes :)

I mean I don't like the "select and hit". The aiming system on guildwars kinda sucks compared to Tera, Neverwinter or Blade and Soul

I found Tera's combat to be really similar to the WoW-style games. I think Vindictus has kind of broken combat in most MMOs for me...Was really hoping that Black Desert would be similar when I first saw it.

I don't think you've ever player Tera for saying that. In WoW, you select an ennemy and then you just kill it. The mob can be anywhere even behind you as long as your skill can reach it, you hit it. In Tera there is an aiming system just like an FPS where you have to aim every single skill.

Lol I've been waiting on Lost Ark too.

Really? Tera's combat was that good? I really didn't enjoy playing it at all... Maybe I'm fucked up. Felt like a quest grind to max level, which only took me a couple weeks of halfassed playing, just to beat my cousin's ass 10 times in a row in PvP (which he claimed he was a God at) and then I happily quit. lol

I've played alot of tera, and tried every single class (except the last one that was released not long ago). I was more into pvp and there if you stand still, you're dead. I havent experienced any static gameplay, even with a caster, you need to move alot.

The game itself is kinda grindy but the gameplay is way out of most mmos league.

I don't think you've ever player Tera for saying that. In WoW, you select an ennemy and then you just kill it. The mob can be anywhere even behind you as long as your skill can reach it, you hit it. In Tera there is an aiming system just like an FPS where you have to aim every single skill.

I don't think you have ever played WoW for saying that.

With the exception of a small handful of spells you need to be facing the target in order to hit it. In fact if you're not facing an enemy and it hits you in the back it even gets bonus modifiers against you. Think you're thinking of FF14 where the game was dumbed down enough for Console players to use it on a controller where the game always automatically rotates the player to face the right direction.

Anyway Terra is hot garbage smothered in hammered dog shit hopefully BDO is nothing like it :P

Edited by Sushi-
  • Like 1

They have the character creator up for download now.

Final beta is on February 18th too.

*I made an alien:

HVrpnX5.jpg

Edited by Villike

Man, what a game ive seen like 2-3 first impression/review videos and i loved it, Great world design, ive noticed there are lots of cinematics and of course the customizable houses! Definitely trying this one!

Haha yeah, they're bound to be reduced when the game goes live. I am enjoying the second Closed Beta test. The game is very smooth and beautiful <3

People still playing???

I started this under pressure of my friends , seems fun so far

59 sorc gs around 410