• Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
jaez11

Question about Dofus Touch.

It's still in closed Beta-testing with around 200 French players

Edited by Murdark
  • Like 1

Hey, sorry for this post being a bit late, game is currently in closed beta with around 1250 players currently. About 99% of which are in France, but I'm in the uk and I have met someone in Canada that is also beta testing the game. They request beta testers in staggered intervals that requires you to fill out a questionnaire ( asking how much you will play, what tablet you own Ect) and will send you an email if you are chosen. On an off topic the game is expected to be released in mid 2016.

Hope this helps :)

sorry for the necro ^^. But the survey is open again and requesting 500 more beta testers. https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/K26NWM7 Hope this helps :)

Edited by Flippernip

Didn't want to start a new topic, but do you or anyone else have anymore info regarding Dofus Touch and when you think it will be released?

I'm eager to play it

Thanks

Shika Echo                                                        Grandapan                                                  Ilyzaelle                                       

Mr-Bing - 200 Feca                                              Atlas - 200 Feca                                      Balu - 200 Ouginak

Mr-Yahoo - 199 Masq

Mr-Jeeves - 193 Sac

If you haven't already I would recommend looking at the dofus touch website, sadly at the moment all information is in French. But all official posts go through google translate well and are understandable. release date is still expected for mid 2016 and currently they are working primarily on removing the bugs on android as each android tablet is working of a different system ( bugs found on a Samsung tablets are different to the bugs on an lg tablet etc.) sorry haven't got more information but hopes this helps anyway :) ( post to dofus touch French forum http://www.dofus-touch.com/fr/forum

Edited by Flippernip

If you haven't already I would recommend looking at the dofus touch website, sadly at the moment all information is in French. But all official posts go through google translate well and are understandable. release date is still expected for mid 2016 and currently they are working primarily on removing the bugs on android as each android tablet is working of a different system ( bugs found on a Samsung tablets are different to the bugs on an lg tablet etc.) sorry haven't got more information but hopes this helps anyway :) ( post to dofus touch French forum http://www.dofus-touch.com/fr/forum

Thanks! I had a read through the forums using google translate (you are correct, its exceptionally good). I'm really looking forward to the game. However the pay model is the only thing I am concerned about. 'Packs' I believe, which you buy with real money seem like they will speed up XP and increase prospecting.

Other than that, it looks great!

Shika Echo                                                        Grandapan                                                  Ilyzaelle                                       

Mr-Bing - 200 Feca                                              Atlas - 200 Feca                                      Balu - 200 Ouginak

Mr-Yahoo - 199 Masq

Mr-Jeeves - 193 Sac

i can't speak for others, but I'm perfectly fine for others paying for my game,

even if they get more xp (but not more skills :ph34r: )

Elegast-199 feca

Eledrunk-199 panda

Futta-Mukka-200 eni

Hot-fortune-200 enu

Thanks! I had a read through the forums using google translate (you are correct, its exceptionally good). I'm really looking forward to the game. However the pay model is the only thing I am concerned about. 'Packs' I believe, which you buy with real money seem like they will speed up XP and increase prospecting.

Other than that, it looks great!

As it is currently goultines are only useable as an alternative to Kamas. Similar to orgrine in main dofus as in they work off an exchange rate ( 1 Goultine =500 kamas ) { this isn't perfectly correct as Goultine value will be altered depending on how the servers economy go}. Goultines can be used to purchase houses, paddocks and items not found naturally in the game ( para items and pets etc) and also to purchase items in the main markets the player that is selling the item will be credited with the kamas they place the item for sale for. Most importantly all these items can be bought with kamas so if you make friends to help you collect and crafts your sets and pay kamas for these features as you want them the game can be played for completely free. They have changes the economic model and now feature "bonus packs" I'm not sure if it's a exp or prospecting buff will make a new post when I find out that they entail Edited by Flippernip

As it is currently goultines are only useable as an alternative to Kamas. Similar to orgrine in main dofus as in they work off an exchange rate ( 1 Goultine =500 kamas ) { this isn't perfectly correct as Goultine value will be altered depending on how the servers economy go}. Goultines can be used to purchase houses, paddocks and items not found naturally in the game ( para items and pets etc) and also to purchase items in the main markets the player that is selling the item will be credited with the kamas they place the item for sale for. Most importantly all these items can be bought with kamas so if you make friends to help you collect and crafts your sets and pay kamas for these features as you want them the game can be played for completely free. ( as the game is still in closed beta it is possible the could change the economic model entirely, but as they have made only slight alterations to this system over the past few months my belief is that it will be the same once the game is released. Hope this helps :)

Oh that doesn't sound too bad, I can see how it would be easy to spend a lot of real life money on the game though. Which i guess is good so Ankama will concentrate a lot on Dofus Touch.

One question I do have, which Im unsure you'll be able to answer, but might have a better idea. It states Dofus Touch will be in version 2.14. Apart from the obvious bug fixes and Touch related updates, will Dofus Touch follow Dofus in the updates. I.E the same class balances and added content?

Thanks!

Mr-Yahoo - 199 Masq

Mr-Jeeves - 193 Sac

No idea on that one sorry, but on the forum people have made suggestions to make equipment droppable, improve support classes and make a 1.x server for lower end tablets. These suggestions have been denied currently but have been taken into consideration. Currently there main concern is to make sure the game is running at optimum before making any major changes or updates. As of right now my guess is they will keep everything the same as of right now and make changes veering off from dofus pc version once the game is released.

Oops misread the question ^^. Yes it will be updated to bring out the content that exists already in the pc version, an eliotroup sub forum exists already even though Elios weren't out in 2.14 so there must be plans to implement the class. I won't delete my mistaken answer as I think it answers a question in itself. Hope this helps :)

Edited by Flippernip

No idea on that one sorry, but on the forum people have made suggestions to make equipment droppable, improve support classes and make a 1.x server for lower end tablets. These suggestions have been denied currently but have been taken into consideration. Currently there main concern is to make sure the game is running at optimum before making any major changes or updates. As of right now my guess is they will keep everything the same as of right now and make changes veering off from dofus pc version once the game is released.

Oops misread the question ^^. Yes it will be updated to bring out the content that exists already in the pc version, an eliotroup sub forum exists already even though Elios weren't out in 2.14 so there must be plans to implement the class. I won't delete my mistaken answer as I think it answers a question in itself. Hope this helps :)

Thanks again for the reply, knowing that it will follow the PC updates with class balancing, professions etc makes me a lot more inclined to invest time into the game!

I'm super excited to start playing!

Mr-Yahoo - 199 Masq

Mr-Jeeves - 193 Sac

They have added bonus packs to the Goultine market that increase your exp and prospecting, currently you can only buy these for a duration of 7 days or 30 days and they can be purchased with kamas or goultines. Hope this helps :)

Hello :) there is going to be a live stream (in French) at 2:30pm/14:30 French time showcasing the game. It will feature some of the beta testers as well as the producer, if anyone is interested :)

Release date is set for the end of May for Canada only (lucky buggers xD) and globally soon after. Hope this helps :)