• Sky
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal

Ensure you are aware of and follow your nation's guidance regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). Act responsibly and avoid unnecessary social interaction. Your actions may endanger the lives of those at risk. 

Sign in to follow this  
Kameghan

Huppermages

I need to add Huppermages to Dofus Fashionista, but I haven't played with them yet, so I'd like to ask for your help. I basically need to know how much of the following stats a huppermage needs:

Vitality,

Range,

% and linear resists,

Lock,

Dodge,

Initiative,

AP/MP reduction,

Summons,

Pushback Damage,

Heals.

It might be easier to compare them to other classes. Do they need as much Vitality as an Osa? As much lock as a Sacrier? As much heals as a Fog?

Also, what do you think is a reasonable AP/MP/Range setup for them at level 200? I mean, one that works but is not 12/6/6?

Kuyani - Osamodas 200 - Niuy - Cra 200 - Myself - Cra 200

Osas don't need vit, they need res.

Sacs don't need lock, they need vit.

Fogs don't need +heals, they need vit.

There are going to be too many builds to explore, each build will have a different reliance on certain stats.

e.g. fire/agi will need high ap reduction.

pvp/kolo will need higher % resi.

I'd advise you look through what kind of hupper you would like. What is its purpose, pvp, pvm, kolo etc.

Then, look at the elements needed for the spells. THEN, you can start deciding which stats are more important, ie ap/mpred etc.

When I said as much as, I didn't mean that class needs a lot of that stat. It just needs a certain amount that might be the same as the new class or not. :P

If this way is harder, just forget about the other classes.

But I really mean the average Huppermage. If you can tell how much of these stats each build might want that would be better, but I thought it would be too much work to ask.

Edited by Kameghan

Depends on build. I'm liking a tri element mix that (including power) reaches 1k in each of 3 elements while still maintaining 12/5/4 (AP/MP/Range.)

Haven't tinkered with omni possibilities for the hupper yet

Just looking at their spells though, 12AP is optimal, 11 is sooooo inefficient even with an AP buff in the mix.

Sinbad - 200 Fog / Guinevere - 200 Rogue

Discord: Sinbad#0001 (78631113035100160)

Want more features for your discord server?

chars.png

Huppermages are gonna use most likely 12 AP, 5-6 MP and as much range as they can, as they can play as a ranged class that has both support and decent offensive capabilities. They can't really mass MP or AP rape easily, so stacking those won't happen prolly. As for movement, I bet they are most likely using dodge over lock, as they have many ranged spells and some minimal range spells.

Unless it's a chance one, then it's all CC.

Avaricia XelorInhutil EnuMutilate SramIracunda EniOrgullosa IopLujuria ElioEnvidioso PandaGulattony Eca

Everyone is saying about 12ap for a hupper, thats not a must- yeah you can combine your 3ap spells for 2 effects, but it's pretty easy to do the same with 11 via activating runification and planning ahead with elemental shield and other spell options, spreading states and such is pretty simple with 11 ap, getting +2ap from your ap buff is easilly acheived aswell. Ideally you want decent resistance. I find 6mp is a must for the class though, range is a extremely important stat for the class as well. Resistance reminds me of the old pandas, as high as possible but remember your %resistance buff, with hupper if elemental shield takes you past 50% the -5% per hit is taken of what is over, so if you have 50% pre shield and then apply it, you'll never have less than 50% from the -resistance part. Dodge and lock is very dependant on the class your fighting, some require lock and other dodge is more preferable. AP and MP reduction are very valuable but more so in a dual element build albeit stilll very useful for a omni set up. Summons and heals are barely needed on a hupper, there healing spell is % based and they have no natural summons which are counted via +summons except for dopple, so 2 is typically fine. Init is as with every characther dependant on the rest of the team/what your doing. Vitality is a bit of a wild card, you have a method of applying %hp shield, 10% with one fire state consumption and 20% with 2, making vit a really attractive stat for the class, how high is down to personal preferance but I feel that pure vit is not going to be the way to go on the class. Wisdom is a very useful stat, you should not go out your way specifically for high wisdom items at the detriment of other stats but ensuring your wisdom is maged high on all pieces and not around min will make a large difference to the class.

TLDR 11/6 is fine,and I much prefer it, if you use runifications and plan your spell order correctly(and you wan't to be triggering that spell often for the rather large stat generation). Range is a vital stat since alot of range boostable spells so as high as possible.

Edited by Grenadier

As this question is for dofusfashionista, I believe he doesn't want information for his Huppermage,

but he needs a cost function for his optimizer, for a multipurpose Huppermage.

I wouldn't say that the numbers should be much different then most other classes, there's nothing special you want.

A little bit of dodge/lock and range (beside normal vit and stats, %res in kolo ofc), but that's it. (didn't do that much testing though)

Elegast-199 feca

Eledrunk-199 panda

Futta-Mukka-200 eni

Hot-fortune-200 enu

Thanks a lot guys! This is super helpful! :D

I also saw they have some pushback spell(s)? Should I worry about that?

As these guys have said it entirely depends on your element. I personally run a Cha/Agi Hupper so 12/5/2 does me fine with high res and 4 trophy slots to swap around as I see fit (depending on scenario). My basic 2 are Nomad and Shaker.

I tend to go more for higher power/stats/res where is necessary as my elements only require +range from one spell (and it would be inefficient of me to rely just on that spell, I'm primarily a CC Hupper). I also swap around trophies for initiative and +dodge where needed.

I'd say what you're aiming for is a decent balance between 12/5 (or 6), range entirely depends on element, nice res (20%+ in each is ideal really, I have like 41/41/33/29/23 base and swap around res trophies myself) and a decent amount of base stat and power% (my build gives me about 600 Cha/Agi and 350 Power in my standard setup with 42 crits and a Air% res trophy on top of it). Works extremely well and highly efficient in fights.

If you want to go for more of a Str/Int etc. (or even str/agi or int/agi) build I'd say you'd want a minimum of 4 range so you can utilise those spells properly.

As has been previously stated, get a nice bit of dodge too as many of your spells will have a minimum range and to be efficient with them you'll need some nice dodge.

If you're incorporating int into your build I'd say push for some more vit too (4.5k+ would be nice) as int spells can give you a shield based on 10% of your max health.

12 AP Is definitely most efficient. If you learn to play a Hupper well you'll generally have minimal issues with getting around the map (unless you're against an Enu etc.) and the extra AP can help your combos out massively for damage optimisation.

Edited by Bhaal

Ventulus --- Thyrael --- Auhriel --- Forecaster --- Tyz --- Kabraxis

Int Osa --- Int/Cha/Agi Elio --- Str/Cha Enu --- Stromni Iop --- Agi/Lock Panda --- Int Rogue

Oz8tJ5j.png

Proud founder of Arca de Bellum on both Shika and Rushu.

Leader of Arca de Bellum on Rushu.

Close-knit guild of friends who are playing just to chill out and have fun.

Don't care for alliance drama, guild drama or petty drama.

Just here to enjoy!

I don't have any real input because I've not actually played the class on Beta. But I see a lot of you guys give advice along the lines of "up to you which build you want".

That's not what the thread is about. It's about what default characteristic weights the Dofusfashionista is gonna have for the class.

So, for example, if the default weight of dodge is 40 for an average class, and you guys all say dodge is very important on a Hupper, then Hupper will start with something like 80 default weight for dodge (just an example, I'm not involved in Dofusfashionista at all).

Some good info put down so far, just keep the weight stuff in mind maybe if you have more to add. Carry on then!

• Like 2

"Eat a bomb, bish!"

200 steampunk cosplay200 panduh200 bomb-themed superhero200 ipop200 red magelots of abandoned 200s

I don't have any real input because I've not actually played the class on Beta. But I see a lot of you guys give advice along the lines of "up to you which build you want".

That's not what the thread is about. It's about what default characteristic weights the Dofusfashionista is gonna have for the class.

So, for example, if the default weight of dodge is 40 for an average class, and you guys all say dodge is very important on a Hupper, then Hupper will start with something like 80 default weight for dodge (just an example, I'm not involved in Dofusfashionista at all).

Some good info put down so far, just keep the weight stuff in mind maybe if you have more to add. Carry on then!

The thing is it's difficult to generalise with Huppers as each different element and/or hybrid combination has an entirely different gameplay. For instance; whereas Agi and Str builds could benefit from some +dodge for their minimum range attacks (particularly Agi in this case), both Int and Cha have no "minimum range" and therefore don't heavily require dodge. Whereas Str and Int are quite heavy on the +range aspect for the build, both Agi and Cha aren't in need of it "as much" (Agi can utilise +range on one spell). It's difficult to determine what generalisation to have with the class as simply changing 1 element can completely change the way in which you play the character. Unlike, say, a Cra, Iop or Eca where you generally play the class similarly regardless of the element you choose, Huppers completely change gameplay style depending on their element of choice, and therefore have much different requirements.

Ventulus --- Thyrael --- Auhriel --- Forecaster --- Tyz --- Kabraxis

Int Osa --- Int/Cha/Agi Elio --- Str/Cha Enu --- Stromni Iop --- Agi/Lock Panda --- Int Rogue

Oz8tJ5j.png

Proud founder of Arca de Bellum on both Shika and Rushu.

Leader of Arca de Bellum on Rushu.

Close-knit guild of friends who are playing just to chill out and have fun.

Don't care for alliance drama, guild drama or petty drama.

Just here to enjoy!