• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Bhaal

Shika, Zato and Solar Server Merge - Thoughts and Opinions?

87 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for a merge?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'd have to think about it

Just so you know, Izmar/Ankama's plans for EN servers is just to spam reddit and to try encourage more streamers. They do not actually care about our servers, if you think they do then I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. ^^

Source? I've never even seen her discuss PR plans before.

• Like 1

Source? I've never even seen her discuss PR plans before.

I had a 2 hour conversation in island jail with her. ^^

She also mentioned that she had 4 community events (server vs server) for the EN servers rejected by Ankama staff as they can't do it on the FR servers.. But whether I believe that or not I'm not sure. ^^

What I find interesting is that the majority of the comments are "no" but the poll says something else entirely. It's a shame this poll does not reach out to a wider base of players. I'd be pretty confident a resounding majority would say yes. It still doesn't change the fact this is a pipe dream, but as Bhaal says, one can hope.

Just wondering, what would happen to the people who don't want a merge? Would they just be expected to shut up and put up? Surely that would just turn the feelings of frustration onto another group of people.

I personally don't want it in the slightest, maybe that's because I can afford to transfer an alt almost every week? If I can do that why can't everyone else?

• Like 2

Wow very selfish attitude by alot of people pestin for a merge regardless of the many who would want to keep on their small server. Christ complaining you cannot afford it via ingame or rl money is pathetic. Yes its bullshit ankama profit from you needing to move, but get over it. You could farm loads of mats/gears etc easily on your server with the high stars, graft the small money to transfer one character over (the one less likely to be needed for future farming of course), load it up then sell that stuff on the populated server then pass the money to your other chars to pay for their transfers. To literally demand a merge is arrogant and thoughtless towards the many who dont want a busy server. How people cant afford irl or ingame transfers, why are you still playing this game?

To demand a merge is extremely unfair and narrow-minded. I currently stopped playing due to busy irl, and losing the taste of it, but if i ever came back and felt like returning to a quiet server, and couldnt because you *beeps* made a petition, id want to literally punch all of you in the throat for removing that option for me coz your lazy af.

Personal version: From shika. played on that from near beginning. Alot of people i knew started moving, i was ok generally on shika. felt the grass was greener hearing stories about the bigger server. Slowly swayed to moving and felt bent out of shape having to pay so many kamas to move. sold up as much stuff as i could on shika, priced up everything between servers and worked out what the demand was, back then a main one was sini wings (thanks to eith for merching 100s of them for me to buy :) ) so i farmed them til i was sick, took about 20mk worth of them over and sold rapidly for twice that in a few days. Hell my first /b message got a guy ready to buy pretty much all i had of them. I must admit i didnt enter the move correctly, felt disappointed goin from a big fish in a little pond to a non-entity in a big pond, and clustered my characters into one guild and didnt try to blend well, so as a pro tip scatter your characters in guilds when you get there and try to really mix.

So to sum up, if you want a populated server suck it up and work hard on it and fund it. Many people would likely aid and advise you and return that favour to people you know who may want to move aswell, and if you do it right you may end up making money from it. If all you can do is sit and whine then your no use to the small or large server so kill yourself.

EDIT: Oh a couple of friends chipped in to get me to move so props to them also, its probs coz im awesome af. So if you dont happen to be awesome af like me, you can still manage it, just a little slower.

• Like 3

No problem it was one of the few things that would actually sell on Shika (͡• ̯ ͡• )

B> guild transfer. since apparently some people think up and transfering is just the money... I don' want to give up the literally millions of pods i have in my houses, my guild, and honestly i can transfer to rushu. that doesn't fix the problem with the dwindling servers.

shame none of this matters though.

• Like 3

I agree, I'd easily move to Rushu if a guild transfer option was available.

I'd like it made clear its not about the kamas/ogrines or real life money, at least not for me. It's about leaving behind a servers worth of friends. If EVERYONE could afford the transfer and up and left at the same time this would be a completely different story.

• Like 1

B> guild transfer. since apparently some people think up and transfering is just the money... I don' want to give up the literally millions of pods i have in my houses, my guild, and honestly i can transfer to rushu. that doesn't fix the problem with the dwindling servers.

shame none of this matters though.

I agree, I'd easily move to Rushu if a guild transfer option was available.

I'd like it made clear its not about the kamas/ogrines or real life money, at least not for me. It's about leaving behind a servers worth of friends. If EVERYONE could afford the transfer and up and left at the same time this would be a completely different story.

I admit that having to leave your guild, bank, and friends behind does suck about a transfer, but why do people really want a server merger? As far as I can tell the only reason people want a bigger server is for the one and only true benefit of a bigger server, the economy.

PROS

• Improved Economy for the new merged server
  • Higher playerbase (could potentially triple or quadruple)
  • More winged PVP! Yay!
  • Tired of the same old teams in kolo all day, every day? Not any more!
  • Tired of them resources you can't ever seem to get hold of in the market? We have them! And if we don't....you do! ;)
  • We'd get your pros, you'd get ours.

I'll use these pros to point out why I think that the only benefit is the economy.

• Improved Economy
  • What does a higher player base really help? Well it helps the economy and it helps.... make drama but that's not really a pro is it...
  • Winged PVP, as far as I know Rushu is the only place where winged pvp even exist at this point and to be blunt it's pretty obvious ankama doesn't want 1v1 Pvp to be the focus of their game. If ankama did want it to be all they would have to do is: 1. reinsert bounty hunter 2. make rewards for bounty hunter appealing, such as pebbles, new petsmounts, or fancy looking gear that functions as a livi item that can only be worn with certain alignment wing rank 3. cannot close wings without losing honor.
  • Yes lets merge servers so people can kolo new people, eh ankama might actually do this to delay interserver kolo more
  • More resource in the market... well would you look at that, that's also the economy
  • We get your pros...so? The only benefit I get from pros being on my server now is I look even more nub.

So what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry that you got screwed over when you got put on a small server and I'm sorry that you're not happy about it but as far as I can see, you're either gonna have to get over your crappy economy and stay with your friends or transfer and sacrifice some of the things you earned on your current server. Don't try to force other people, who are perfectly content with their server and its size, to get thrown into a new server with more people, so you can easily have access to a nicer market.

I will also suggest this to all who complain about the economy, do what I know so many Rosal members do. Spend a month gather mats/gear that you want to sell, transfer one alt with all the gear and mats you have accumulated, sell the crap on rushu, buy the stuff you from rushu, transfer it back to your server.

Edit: I realize now that I got kinda overly sarcastic near the end of the points and I apologize for sounding rude, but I still think my points are valid.

Edited by Bob-skittle

I can only see server merge happening if things got much more desperate and there was outcry on..the official forums. I dont like the idea, as the only Realistic way to do it fairly would involve resets of properties,maybe even guilds and names.

As many have said, if you(anyone in general) can't stand the small community, transfer over to an 'R' server. :)

Not just saying that as someone from Rosal. :P

I find the argument that if you want an active community, you should just transfer, to be just wonky. I understand the main thing about a transfer would be economy, but frankly, I could do with some fresh faces. I've literally went throuhg and combed astrub and incarnam on a daily basis. and I have yet to find anyone at all. on that same level, it's very rare I find new people in general. I look, but you don't jus stumble upon new people very often, and that's a bit disconcerting.

Also. *I* am fine and dandy where am, and don' consider the transfer worth it. Does that mean I should expect the same of my friends? no. They transfer, suddenly I'm left behind, and there went the community I had, leaving me with transfer or get over it. fair huh. Not saying friends are disposable, but when there's noone there to replace them, it starts to suck a LOT.

they could aritificially close a server down by giving free transfers w/ bank in inventory to anyone from that server, and not allow anyone to transfer TO it, as well as new accounts can't make a character on said server. It'd suck, but feels like it'd be better than being shoveled to a new place. but that would still require the ability to transfer a guild...

they should make a way that you can transfer alot of chars in the same guild and the guild for a discounted price. like when transfering 10 or more accounts together you could get it half off or something. also would make those would teams able to transfer...

i shoudlnt even be on here this late at night. i have no idea what i've even typed or if it's on topic, and i'm not about to go read it. I do hope this is at least in the right place. Goodnight...x.x' i won't remember to come back and fix thigns tomorrrrow.

oranges and vanilla peels.

• Like 3