• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Imps Green
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Doctor T

Official "What team should I use" Thread

It can work wonders actually experiencing it instead of just guessing blanks. It takes 5 turns to get maxed buff, and frigost dungeons, all you need is 1 monster to hit you and you've gotten your max buff for that turn....

You have to be shitting me ... im the one guessing blanks... and not you....half your post are like "i have no idea what im talking about but if i were to base it on my guts i think you should make your eni strength for a better dagger selection"... How you so expert on frig dungs .. you didnt even do buck annear ....i dont get it how you can be so certain that sacs are amazing in frig 2 dungs when you dont even know where the dungeon entrance is. At least if you kept quiet and didnt blame people for exactly what you do all the time youd be bearable.

I think having one sac is important most of the frigost dungs, but I agree that two is excessive. The only way that I use sac for dmg reduce is have the sac sacrifice everybody (or as much as possible) and have eni prevent the sac. It works wonders when the sac has some int and int buff maxed. A feca in the group can keep the sac alive while prevent is on cooldown. But that would be kind of difficult with two sacs, and just a little too confusing for me. A feca can't really do much to reduce damage in frigost dungeons except to save someone's ass in emergency situations, imo.

as for damage wise, I actually don't like using sac for a hitter. A sac hits pretty low if they are not buffed, and only after 2-3 turns of buffing does the sac hit decently. Also, the permanent damage in frigost dungeons makes you think twice about getting hit too much and only worrying about healing it back... because a 6k hp sac ends up have 2.5k hp max by the end if you abuse the sac heavily like that ><'

Edited by Lierral

You have to be shitting me ... im the one guessing blanks... and not you....half your post are like "i have no idea what im talking about but if i were to base it on my guts i think you should make your eni strength for a better dagger selection"... How you so expert on frig dungs .. you didnt even do buck annear ....i dont get it how you can be so certain that sacs are amazing in frig 2 dungs when you dont even know where the dungeon entrance is. At least if you kept quiet and didnt blame people for exactly what you do all the time youd be bearable.

Sooo please tell me where I said they were so "amazing" as opposed to your "useless". Realistically, you can use just about any team, as long as you have the basic needs. Which means you can use double sacs if you want. Nowhere did I say it was some optimal idea. It was a possible suggestion, that you declared "useless." Obviously a misunderstanding on your part, as you have some wrong definition. A useless char is one that brings nothing to the table. No damage, no rapes, nothing. While as the post above says they can be seen as "excessive" the same could be said about doubling up any classes. "Oh double cras with class belt" "Woah that's excessive -6 MP rape on 5 monsters per turn!". "Omg 4 ultra powerfuls" "That's a little excessive for just mp raping a few monsters". There is no debate here, you are wrong, simple as that. No class is useless, which means if they choose to use double sac as one of my possible suggestions, then they are free to do so. I never said 2 sacs or gtfo. If you read my post, which I'm sure in some dyslexic fail form of reading you did, you can easily see that. Reread and try your post again.

And how do you know I haven't done buckanear? Some post I said a month ago? Some secret way via the dofus website? I have access to more people than I care to remember. I even run other people's chars through dungeons with them so they don't have to log as many. But... you knew that right? Oh my bad, you were shooting blanks again.

This thread should be about helping people pick the optimal choice for a team. Yes realistically you can play with 8 sadis and have the time of your life and yes no one is stopping you from using two sacs. Must be fun ... you pick a long line and you can attract one of them , run back and attract the other one and keep doing that while you kill the mobs on your other chars. A useless char , as i see it ,is a char that brings nothing BETTER to the table . While your definition makes sense to some extent there is no such class in this game.... A char that can be replaced by some other class that can do a better job(that's what they want to find out in this thread) like an iop .. another eni , an osa , a cra ,a panda or even an enu. While they may not be as fun as attracting each other for shits and giggles they can all provide the same damage output as the sac without punishments and do some extra things that are helpful for the team , wrath and/or deal aoe damage, stim and heal ,team buffs and revive , lash monster and buff teammates , help with placement and vuln monsters or drop items using the chest. If people just wanted "a really nice idea that i thought about on my way to school" theyd probably just ask people at zaaps.

If you are so kind as to spend your time trying to help others with your thoughts and ideas it would be really nice if you experienced and tested these char combos before hand.I for example have not played a sram.. so i dont go around telling people its really great because there was one in Ralfehs videos and it handled them mobs on frigost really smooth and hit alot , and they should get one because it will compliment theyr other sram in a great way( they could fear things from one to the other).

And no i was not shooting blanks regarding your current state of exploration towards the game. I have noticed in your signature that your chars are in the 150-180 bracket and i safely assumed that you have not really did much killing of the monsters in the world of the twelve , because you would be of a higher level if you did so. But who knows maybe you have some interesting class combos that allowed you to do the dungeons with 2k hp on possibly all your chars ( i am indeed shooting blanks now). I was also not aware that you run dungs for other people using theyr chars , i sincerely hope they did let you bring your sadida along for you to enjoy them all the better.

Stop being so goddamn helpful , some poor soul might take your words for granted and end up attracting himself.

Edited by DA NEX NIGUZ

Your post is so damn ... looooooooong

Your post is so damn ... looooooooong

What he said.

Anyway, all I have to say in regards to the small bits I could get myself to read in your post is. Giving optimal suggestions, sure. But the line between optimal and almost as good is not some HUGE line. Who cares if you sacrifice a little speed for faster boss pwning? Or whatever the problem with 2 sacs is... If everyone was like "Oh I have 1 char, and I want 7 more" the world of dofus would be boring cause we'd have the same teams running around. People have different ideas on what they want, them asking for help is to hear ideas from a whole bunch of people, not just 1 who says its the optimal one and doing anything else would be stupid. I've seen people on this forum who have double sadidas (which apparently even 1 is too many ;-;). It's not always about optimal, lighten up and broaden your horizons. You can't shoot something down because its not the best, some people are willing to sacrifice a little bit in order to achieve more fun or certain tactics they'd like.

In conclusion... on with the point of this thread, and sorry for going off topic. And congratz for it finally being stickied, think I forgot to say something in my last few posts.

Vcent,

Here's a response from the OP, a 200 sac. I agree with him. I also play a sac, level 199.

I think having one sac is important most of the frigost dungs, but I agree that two is excessive.

as for damage wise, I actually don't like using sac for a hitter.

Watch ralfeh's videos ;)

I've watched them all to understand the frigost dungeons before doing them and to glean new tactics for pre-frigost dungeons.

I noticed that, at most, he uses one sacrier.

Ralfeh states

I would go with a second Eni and an Osa.

By omission, he also chose against a second sacrier.

The consensus for frigost dungeons is to A) blitz or B) snipe.

In either case, one would want to limit the time spent in CC, as frigost mobs buff themselves heavily, or debuff players.

Want to buff ap, weapon skill, other buffs and go to CC?

Sure, try it against 3 steam cracklers and see how long you last.

The old methods of brute force don't apply at frigost.

Tanking there means mobs will make you pay.

It would be better to maneuver, isolate and concentrate on one monster at a time.

As a result, I play my sacrier main more like an alt:

Cast a summon, coop monster, trans back to summon, and have other chars wail on it.

In theory two sacriers are fun, I can agree. They do well at Kimbo and Bworker dungeons.

But consider this: what 2 sacs can do at Kimbo and Bworker, one panda can do better.

In practice, 2 sacs are ineffective and provide diminishing returns.

I love playing a sacrier; sacrifice helped me often when my alts had low hp.

Now that most are 19x+, my sac is less of a boon and more a hindrance who slows down fights.

When I hit 200, I'm changing out my sac for an agility iop.

Soft Oak, Dragon Pig, and other goodies will be more fun and efficient to farm.

Yes and no. 2 sacs in snowfoux work way better than 3 pandas. Try not to talk in general and name some dungs where the combos might be useful. Both of u guys have a good point but meh... Not completely. The fun part is using dif combinations, like a complex math problem, theres always a better way of doing it.

Vcent,

I noticed that, at most, he uses one sacrier.

When I said watch his videos it was simply to see how the monsters play it out. Had nothing to do with him using double sacs lol. Either way it doesn't matter. No one would ever suggest a sadida for any group, yet people have sadidas. It's not about always getting optimal, and that's all I have to say about it D=

What I Have

Acct1: Int/Str Cra (169)

Acct2: Int Eni (132)

Acct3: Int Feca (199)

Acct4: Str/Int Sadida (122)

Acct5: Cha/Agi Sac (116)

Acct6: Int/Cha Eni (XX)

What I Want

Number of New Accts: 2

Goal: I'm looking at adding another 2 Feca's to my team, one being Str/Cha and the other being Agi/Int

This would purely be for glyph whoring and hitting from range as well as large shield reduction.

But i'm not sure if this is practical :S

I would like to hear your views on this ;)

What I Have

What I Want

Goal: I'm looking at adding another 2 Feca's to my team, one being Str/Cha and the other being Agi/Int

This would purely be for glyph whoring and hitting from range as well as large shield reduction.

That would be interesting. But glyph whoring has its problems. Pushback moves, or monsters that swap (GOGOGO N). But I don't know if you even plan on fighting him. I would say that you have a pretty int-based team and a panda with vuln would be delicious.

What I Have

What I Want

No.

Glyphs, shield reduction, and ranged attacks do not always work well in every situation. Glyphs, for example, would not work well in Korriander dungeon due to the close starting positions. Shields wouldn't be of much use either as not everyone is bunched up at the start of the fight.

If you want more MP rape, get another Cra. If you want to deal damage in a large AoE from a distance, get another Cra. If you want more AP rape, get a Xelor. If you want more shields, level your Sac some more and make use of Sacrafice and Life Transfer.

I would suggest you get either a Panda or an Enu. More field manipulation is always a good idea.

I'm not a huge fan of pandas, but I guess with my team being overly Intel based it would be a positive to have one in my team.

So I would probably be looking at something along the lines of:

Acct7: Unknown Element Panda

Acct8: Unsure what would fit in here, possibilities are Iop, Xel, Cra or Enu

Any advice on the build of panda and the eighth acc would be great (NO DOUBLE PANDA!!)

I'm not a huge fan of pandas, but I guess with my team being overly Intel based it would be a positive to have one in my team.

So I would probably be looking at something along the lines of:

Acct7: Unknown Element Panda

Acct8: Unsure what would fit in here, possibilities are Iop, Xel, Cra or Enu

Any advice on the build of panda and the eighth acc would be great (NO DOUBLE PANDA!!)

You could go str panda and str iop. This gives a decent amount of power into strength. Since the cra has punitive and the iop has wrath. Panda would have str and int vulns lvled... Panda can be any build really, they're all apparently good. Some people say cha is lamez then others say cha is pretty steady decent damage at higher levels... Str or int are always loved and agi I have no experience with... Any other class you pick is good too. Enu if you want more droppage/MP rape/backup range rape/Another unbewitcher... fairly nice. Xelor for AP rapez... AP rape is always nice. Cha seems to be popular but I've seen them all really.... The main reason I can't decide what to suggest is because I'm not sure if its better for you to get more non-int damage or just screw it and get some more int making vulns all the more crazy. If non-int I'd say go Cha Enu or Str Iop.

Edited by VcentG

I want this team to last me forever. Changing the builds at certain levels is an option. Right now, I have one character:

Chance sacrier.

I'll probably change him to strength later on.

I want a team of 4 characters. I don't need an eni or a rogue (XD) because friends have them

I'm planning on this:

sacrier

pandawa

enutrof

???

I'm open to suggestions

I want this team to last me forever. Changing the builds at certain levels is an option. Right now, I have one character:

Chance sacrier.

I'll probably change him to strength later on.

I want a team of 4 characters. I don't need an eni or a rogue (XD) because friends have them

I'm planning on this:

sacrier

pandawa

enutrof

???

I'm open to suggestions

An iop or cra would be nice. I don't know your builds so I can't say what kind but... strength of either would be cool. Could also toss in a chance xelor. Or be super cool and join the sadida club!

An iop or cra would be nice. I don't know your builds so I can't say what kind but... strength of either would be cool. Could also toss in a chance xelor. Or be super cool and join the sadida club!

How could I forget cra? Here's what my 100+ team should look like. Any improvements ideas? You can replace all of them except the sac, and builds can be changed.

Strength sacrier

Int cra

Strength panda

Water enu.

With my friends int rogue and int eni, would it be any good?

edit: I might also add a masqueraider if they're good

Edited by Formulamonster

How could I forget cra? Here's what my 100+ team should look like. Any improvements ideas? You can replace all of them except the sac, and builds can be changed.

Strength sacrier

Int cra

Strength panda

Water enu.

With my friends int rogue and int eni, would it be any good?

Keep it just like that. Unless you're doing epic dungeons like ougaa and frigost 2 type stuff... you'll be fine. With that team you have diversity and if you need to blitz, you can go with int damage and have panda cast int vulns.

edit: I might also add a masqueraider if they're good

Me too ;) I'm hoping they play a little better than rogues... I think they should be fine since its straight forward attack chars lol. I'm hoping for basically pandas with 3 different kinds of drunks and no throwing/vulns.

Keep it just like that. Unless you're doing epic dungeons like ougaa and frigost 2 type stuff... you'll be fine. With that team you have diversity and if you need to blitz, you can go with int damage and have panda cast int vulns.

If I ever wanted to do epic dungeons (It's in a long time), what character would I need to add (assuming §I have the 7 characters I mentionned)? Maybe a iop for damage?

If I ever wanted to do epic dungeons (It's in a long time), what character would I need to add (assuming §I have the 7 characters I mentionned)? Maybe a iop for damage?

Anythings fair game I suppose. Ralfeh gets away with double enus, double enis, panda, cra, sac and xelor. You've got the sac, cra, 1 eni/enu. I've heard people say double enis aren't needed.. and obviously double enus aren't needed XD. Xelor isn't needed period as far as I know. Of course his are different builds.. but whatever. My point is, there's margin for tossing in whatever you want. He wanted a 2nd enu and 2nd eni... if you want an iop toss one in.

The ideal team for epic dungeons (Frigost?) would be:

1 Sac

2 Enis

1 Enu

1 Panda

1 Cra

1 Iop

1 Osa

A little bit of everything. ;)

Thats the team I was going for, switching second eni for panda though. Yummy yum yum vulnzzzz <3

What I Have: A Big Doubt

What I Want :

Number of New Accts: 4-6

Goal: A Team that can run all epic/mid lv 1.29 dungeons ( i want that team to play in 1.29 server , Eratz)

Extra Comments: im not even sure what characters do , but hope you can help me

What I have:

Account 1:

Level 128 Agility Sram (101 Agi scrolled)

Level 103 Chance Sac (50 Cha/Agi scrolled)

Level 127 Intel Cra

Level 40 nub Sadi

Level 30 nub Osa

Account 2:

Level 86 Wis Panda w/ Int spells leveled (unscrolled)

Level 56 Wis Eni w/ a couple Int/Support spells leveled. (unscrolled)

What I want? I think I want 2-3 accounts which can run some of those smaller dungeons without help from others, like Crackler / BR for example. I wouldn't mind the characters to be useful in higher tier dungeons like SO, but then again not many people are online when I am so. meh.

I don't mind starting 2-3 characters from scratch. I've done it plenty of times before :lol: . I wouldn't have any problems getting the early sets for these characters but it would be good if there was a way I could fund my own sets when they become more and more expensive. As it stands now I could probably buy several decent sets for characters in the level range of 100-140.

So yeah.. Opinions please.

The ideal team for epic dungeons (Frigost?) would be:

1 Sac

2 Enis

1 Enu

1 Panda

1 Cra

1 Iop

1 Osa

I'll try getting that team. Also, masqueraiders might be good.