• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Shadowfan

Time to update graphics?

It's been 5-6 years now? Since 2.0 was released , don't you guys think it's time for ankama to change the appearance of the game and make it more Wakfu like?

I like how it is plus youll have the original 1.29 whinners whining about the update hhh

• Like 3

If you want Wakfu graphics go play Wakfu :ph34r:

• Like 4

for me its not (only) about grafix but rather the engine.

Wakfu Java > Dofus AIR....

• Like 7

No

Hmm thats true xD
  • Like 1

If you want Wakfu graphics go play Wakfu :ph34r:

I suggested Wakfu LIKE which means something similar not a copy *sigh*, Why shouldn't the graphics get updated?

Better engine, higher framerates, FULL SCREEN. etc

But they do update the graphics every so often. Not as extreme as 1.29, but they're constantly redesigning areas and monsters (and they always tend to end up more Wakfu-like...), and there's a marked difference in quality between areas that have been redone recently and areas that haven't been touched since 2.0 was released.

They're also way too deep to make the game full screen. If you made every 4:3 map into 16:9 you'd have to make the actual landmasses wider because there's now suddenly that much more horizontal space that needs to be filled on every map. All of the maps flow together perfectly as it is, so it would be a logistical nightmare to do. Every map would have to be redesigned, or redesignated (incorporate some of the next map over into one map, so that you don't have to make artificial content where there was nothing), to make it work.

What they really need to do is actually make those black bars useful and stop hiding behind the module system that they will never release as an excuse. At this point they're just using it as an excuse to not make features that players want.

Edited by Kiba
  • Like 6

I would vote yes for a better engine, Dofus Air is getting old.

• Like 1

What they really need to do is actually make those black bars useful and stop hiding behind the module system that they will never release as an excuse. At this point they're just using it as an excuse to not make features that players want.

That module system has been held up for years due to legal reasons, not because of any lack of desire to release it. I'm sure they'd quite like to get that black space used up, if they could get what they want. :rolleyes:

That module system has been held up for years due to legal reasons, not because of any lack of desire to release it. I'm sure they'd quite like to get that black space used up, if they could get what they want. :rolleyes:

Is that so? From what I've understood for a number of years, it has been actively developed in closed beta within the French community. Can you provide a source for the legal thing? This is the first I've heard of that reason.

Edited by Kiba
  • Like 1

Would be nice if the external chat thing could be visible and overlay on those, would make them useful but alas it doesn't work like that :(

But they do update the graphics every so often. Not as extreme as 1.29, but they're constantly redesigning areas and monsters (and they always tend to end up more Wakfu-like...), and there's a marked difference in quality between areas that have been redone recently and areas that haven't been touched since 2.0 was released.

They're also way too deep to make the game full screen. If you made every 4:3 map into 16:9 you'd have to make the actual landmasses wider because there's now suddenly that much more horizontal space that needs to be filled on every map. All of the maps flow together perfectly as it is, so it would be a logistical nightmare to do. Every map would have to be redesigned, or redesignated (incorporate some of the next map over into one map, so that you don't have to make artificial content where there was nothing), to make it work.

You are very right

-BUT-

they could also improve it without redraw of maps.

Why not just use black borders right and left for the UI?

Well, it is 2.29 next update.

3.0 incoming? :P

I don't think we need a full graphical update really, (unless it was going back to 1.29 style ;) ) but yeah, upgrade of engine and making use of black bars would be noice.

Edited by Sommanker

Well, it is 2.29 next update.

3.0 incoming? :P

I don't think we need a full graphical update really, (unless it was going back to 1.29 style ;) ) but yeah, upgrade of engine and making use of black bars would be noice.

Sadly, that's not how the update format works.

You are very right

-BUT-

they could also improve it without redraw of maps.

Why not just use black borders right and left for the UI?

(Read the last part of my post, I agree with you!)

• Like 1

Yeah do it and then I can finally end my addiction.

I think the Dofus Tablet version could nicely become the Dofus 3.0 when it hits pc's and probably other devieces:

http://impsvillage.com/forums/topic/146434-ankama-line-up-jeux-video-2015-dofus-tablet/?hl=%2Bdofus+%2Btablet

Edited by oscarley

Well, the first mistake they made was refactoring the game with Air, I guess to keep the same team from Dofus 1 to Dofus 2. However, it was a very bad choice. Java would've been better, and it would've been even better with C++ (or even C#). I don't think they can undertake the massive task of re-doing the game again, so we're stuck with Air.

They could move the game square to a side and use all the unused black space to put there all the UIs: stats, spells, inventory, etc.

Well, the first mistake they made was refactoring the game with Air, I guess to keep the same team from Dofus 1 to Dofus 2. However, it was a very bad choice. Java would've been better, and it would've been even better with C++ (or even C#). I don't think they can undertake the massive task of re-doing the game again, so we're stuck with Air.

They could move the game square to a side and use all the unused black space to put there all the UIs: stats, spells, inventory, etc.

The same shit happened to league of legends client. It's made with adobe air too and soon enough we'll have a replay system.

The same shit happened to league of legends client. It's made with adobe air too and soon enough we'll have a replay system.

What shit be you referring to? oO

What shit be you referring to? oO

The actual game is not made using the Air Platform, otherwise it would guzzle all of you system resources in the first 5 minutes of a game start. The Client that contains the store, profile info, reconnecting, everything outside of the game is made using the air platform, also the reason the client takes up 40% cpu and 100+ mb of memory just siting there doing nothing.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=345484&page=2

• Like 1

Lack of replays has nothing to do with the old Air client. Server stability is trash in LoL and the method of deployment Riot wants to use for safe replays is via hosting it them selves which would trash the servers. Also the client is also gradually switching to HTML5 lol. but nice dank maymaeyaaayyylmao420 :P

30 million people playing a handful of games every single day adds up extremely fast.

Inb4 > butbut op.gg etc have replays! No they dont. They hook into the spectator feed and grab the batch file from there if you dont set up the site to grab the replay before the match is over its gone for ever :P

@Modules. Holy shit thats not out yet? lol

Edited by Sushi-

Ya but the thing about java is that it has the same memory leaking stuff as Ritos adobe client so it means the usage would get quite big after a while

Yeah, firing the main developers, hiring new ones and redesigning the whole game is totally worth fixing little annoyances within the game not to mention the game would be worse overall for a long time.

• Like 1